Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #4821
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ah crap, now that I have a zombie hunting permit I guess I probably need the lights too :/. Cut the check I guess haha.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #4822
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
So...what exactly is the point of having rock lights? Seems like a lot of work wiring and whatnot. Not knocking them at all, I just don't know why people install them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
To light up the areas around your tires allowing you to see exactly how you're lining up your tires at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Jx1rXGDUM
Old 06-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #4823
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
you know when the zombie apocalypse hit, the guy without rock lights is going to be the first one to get it from the one damn legless zombie hiding under the truck.

Me, I'm never getting out of the truck.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #4824
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ha, sweet video. I'm never night wheeling. I could see myself installing them simply because...spaceship truck. But that's it.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #4825
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Spaceship truck
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #4826
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I let my mouth get the best of me I think... Haha

I've just got other priorities right now. wish I could though as it would save me money in the long run....

Thanks though!
No worries the other guy wants it anyway.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #4827
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got the rock lights finished. I'll get pics later as is just now got dark and I'm waiting on a pizza haha

Annoyingly one of the lights is cool white instead of pure white, so I'll have to change that out eventually.

Also ran out of all 100ft of my tech flex loom! And not all of my wiring that I've installed is even loomed!
So only the driver side is loomed...

Seem pretty bright during the day. I probably have enough, but plan to add 4 more so I can have one centered on all four sides of the truck. Go big or go home right? Haha
Which tech flex loom and size did you go with?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #4828
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Which tech flex loom and size did you go with?
1/8" works well with pretty much any normal size wire you'd use for lights.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...donations09-20

In other news, I won't be replacing my tie rods today. I ended up leaving the auto hobby shop because the owner ticked me off for the last time.

Every time I'm there he makes a comment saying I'm doing something wrong and doesn't try to at least lead me in the right direction. Just makes snide comments every time he walks by.

Today I was trying to loosen the jam nut and it wasn't going to let go without a cheater bar. Go to ask for a cheater bar and he tells me I can't use a cheater bar because I'm going to strip the nut, even though I'm using a 27mm like I'm supposed to. Whatever, so I put everything back up and left.

Looks like I'm stuck with paying somebody to do my stuff for me....

Talked with some others and he seems to have issues with a lot of people...
Old 06-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #4829
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
And people wonder why auto hobby shops get a bad reputation.

They are attempting to fix the image here. They had a car enthusiasts day to get people out and interested. I didn't make but did think about entering my truck.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #4830
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
And people wonder why auto hobby shops get a bad reputation.

They are attempting to fix the image here. They had a car enthusiasts day to get people out and interested. I didn't make but did think about entering my truck.
Yeah, it's a nice shop too. Has almost everything you can think of for vehicles.

They've only got one other guy working there now because the other two left. So now they don't even have anybody that's certified to use the nice alignment machine they have. I spent more time standing around waiting than I did working on my truck, and of course they charge you for that
Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #4831

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have made a very polite comment about helping out or pissing off. Or I'd have been very snide and asked him why he hates his own life so much.

Guys in the office keep asking me why I don't use the hobby shop. I give them the WTF look and ask them to choose between $10/hr and an attitude or my own garage and an excuse to buy tools.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #4832

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I'd have made a very polite comment about helping out or pissing off. Or I'd have been very snide and asked him why he hates his own life so much.

Guys in the office keep asking me why I don't use the hobby shop. I give them the WTF look and ask them to choose between $10/hr and an attitude or my own garage and an excuse to buy tools.
I'm too polite to people when it's on base. Don't know why haha

That's why I can't wait to have a garage, so I can be at my own house working on my truck instead of driving somewhere else and hoping nothing goes wrong so I'm not able to drive back haha
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #4833
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Got a pic of the 5 box?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 PM   #4834

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Got a pic of the 5 box?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:23 AM   #4835
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Breaker too.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #4837

Truck might be taking a back seat for a little bit...

Old 06-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #4838
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Can't beat a Honda!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
Can't beat a Honda!
It's what I grew up on!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #4840
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's what I grew up on!
Same here, but a I was a 4-wheeler guy. Never could get into dirt bikes

Products Discussed in this Thread