Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #4821
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Haha. I used an oven to open mine but a head gun to seal them back up. Worked like a charm.
Took an hour per headlight to open the aftermarket headlights w/black sealant gunk using a heat gun....
Old 11-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #4822
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ah maybe the aftermarket goop was the difference. I hear some are hard to open.

Speaking of this all...I wonder what I could sell my current setup for. Oem assemblies with a mini H1 retro? 250-300 reasonable? That's what I paid for the retros alone. And OEM assemblies aren't cheap...
Old 11-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #4823
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ah maybe the aftermarket goop was the difference. I hear some are hard to open.

Speaking of this all...I wonder what I could sell my current setup for. Oem assemblies with a mini H1 retro? 250-300 reasonable? That's what I paid for the retros alone. And OEM assemblies aren't cheap...
Yeah, that stuff sucked haha going to do the one piece headlights next go around. We'll see what those have.

Hmm, not sure... I'd start off at $300 and see what you can get I guess

Nobody's going to want to buy mine
Old 11-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #4824
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Don't you lose all up/down adjustment with the one piece lights? Seems like that'd be a bad idea with retros.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #4825

Quote:
Don't you lose all up/down adjustment with the one piece lights? Seems like that'd be a bad idea with retros.

Looks like you still have some adjustment. I'll ask jberry and see what he says about his.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #4826

Alright for those of you that were interested in what Tom Wood's Drive Shaft had to say for us 1st gen extended cab Tacoma's (double cabs should be the same since the wheel base is the same), here you go:

Overall I'm very happy with his timely and detailed response. As soon as I sent the email a few days ago I got an auto-reply that he wouldn't be back in until Nov 3, so I wasn't expecting a very quick response. Surprised me to say the least. Definitely something I'll save for later as I think this is definitely a viable option for me depending on measurements

Quote:
Please keep the following in mind;

If this is the extended cab and long bed, we may not be able to help. Beyond that, vibration problems with the Toyota Tacoma are common even on unmodified vehicles and especially so on those with a lift kit. I wish I had a “one size fits all” solution. The truth of the matter is; we have had mixed results with any version we would send out. Should you purchase one of our drive shaft and it does not meet your expectations, you may return within 30 days for a full, product purchase, refund.

With that said. We have two options available. A conventional, 2 joint drive shaft or a double cardan (CV) drive shaft. As a general consensus, the conventional two joint seems to work well in most vehicles having up to 3" of lift. In vehicles with greater lifts, the double cardan seems to work best.

With a conventional two joint drive shaft you need to keep the output of the transfer case & the pinion parallel within 1 degree.

To use a CV drive shaft, you will want to pitch the differential so that the pinion points directly at the output of the transfer case (maintaining 3 degrees, or less, a joint angle at the differential end).

The conventional two joint drive shaft is $389.00. The double cardan is $469.00. Once you place the order, your drive shaft will ship the following business day. We pay freight, UPS Ground, Lower 48 States. However we do add on a $10.00 packaging charge. With other delivery areas or shipping methods, there would be additional freight charges.

If this is something you will want, I will need some measurements per the attached art. Please provide the B &C dimensions on the flange from each end of the drive shaft and a length measurement.

If you have other questions or would like to place an order, it may be best to call. Our Toll Free US # is 1-877-497-4238. Our worldwide telephone # is 1-801-737-0757. Hours of operation are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Mountain Time Zone. (GMT - 7 hours) Monday through Friday. If you cannot call, let me know and I will send you alternative ordering instructions.

Thank you,

Tom Wood
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts LLC.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #4827
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Dude... bad news.... I sold my truck on Monday....... with the bumper on it
Sorry. It just worked out easier that way given my situation
Old 11-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #4828
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yeah, that stuff sucked haha going to do the one piece headlights next go around. We'll see what those have.

Hmm, not sure... I'd start off at $300 and see what you can get I guess

Nobody's going to want to buy mine
If the halos weren't orange and hey were still chrome bowls I know somebody would lol
Old 11-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #4829

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Dude... bad news.... I sold my truck on Monday....... with the bumper on it
Sorry. It just worked out easier that way given my situation
No worries man. I knew it wasn't a guarantee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
If the halos weren't orange and hey were still chrome bowls I know somebody would lol
Haha that helps
Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #4830
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

No. You have up/down. No left/right.

If you do end up getting these for a retro, get the smallest damn retro kit that TRS offers. Forgot the names off hand, but the larger ones will not fit.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #4831

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

If you do end up getting these for a retro, get the smallest damn retro kit that TRS offers. Forgot the names off hand, but the larger ones will not fit.
Good to know. Yeah, I'll be using the mini D2S if I do.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #4832

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post

Oh ok. I had no idea we even had left/right adjustment haha.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #4833

Quote:
Oh ok. I had no idea we even had left/right adjustment haha.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #4834
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about to PM you about your OTRATTW switches. You better fucking answer me or else.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #4835

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I'm about to PM you about your OTRATTW switches. You better fucking answer me or else.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #4836
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I PM'd him like 15 minutes ago and he hasn't answered. About to start a manhunt.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:33 PM   #4837
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll get my pitchfork!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:39 PM   #4838

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I can get my harpoon if it helps.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #4839
Run it

Quote:
I can get my harpoon if it helps.
It will. The more the merrier
Old 11-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #4840

Abort mission. My questions have been answered elsewhere.

And for future reference...

Brent is useless and untrustworthy in time of need.

<3

Products Discussed in this Thread