LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #521
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
either...
A. You guys have shitty back roads to just take a cruise down
or
B. I just stumbled into a poser thread
Hah you think you're funny.

That $20 I spend on gas every weekend could be $50-$70 extra for mods every month!

And I still don't know the area very well to find any good back roads...

Quote:
never mind i figured out why, y'all drive them automatics. No wonder its no fun!
If I had a manual I'd get annoyed. Too many stop signs I drive through every day!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #522
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
never mind i figured out why, y'all drive them automatics. No wonder its no fun!
I drove 01tacomas the other day. I regret my automatic decision with a passion now
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #524
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I just like the simplicity of the auto for me, especially when off roading. I honestly never use my cruise on my Tacoma...
Yeah i never use it either
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #526
Yep

Quote:
you havent had to descend 4000 feet down out of the mountains though.
I would love to take my tacoma on a trip out where you live
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #529
Yep

Quote:
come on out!
maybe one day... Maybe i could just fly out there and then i can just borrow your truck
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #531
Yep

Quote:
so im assuming thats a yes
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #532
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, that Defender roofrack is going to be too big for an extra cab unless you cut it down. Also, I'm sure you already know this but your gas mileage will go in the crapper with a rack like that especially if you put a spare tire up there. That was the main reason I sold my roof rack and mine was about as low profile as you can get and I wasnt carrying a spare tire up there.

One last thing, you might think it looks cool, but after a week or so I predict you'll absolutely HATE how the truck handles with a full size spare mounted on a roofrack and you'll take it off.

I have found that roof racks on these trucks have a lot more drawbacks than benefits and in reality the only benefit is if you like the look of a roofrack. Just my two cents.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #533
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
FYI, that Defender roofrack is going to be too big for an extra cab unless you cut it down. Also, I'm sure you already know this but your gas mileage will go in the crapper with a rack like that especially if you put a spare tire up there. That was the main reason I sold my roof rack and mine was about as low profile as you can get and I wasnt carrying a spare tire up there.

One last thing, you might think it looks cool, but after a week or so I predict you'll absolutely HATE how the truck handles with a full size spare mounted on a roofrack and you'll take it off.

I have found that roof racks on these trucks have a lot more drawbacks than benefits and in reality the only benefit is if you like the look of a roofrack. Just my two cents.
Hmm, a lot of good info! Thanks! I might not do that then.... I just really want to be able to mount an LED bar on my roof, the storage would have just been a bonus.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #534
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
If you build a roof rack, I'd make it as low profile as you can. The style roof rack on my truck vs. a big bulky cage one is a completely different ride. FWIW a guy on campus drives a DC with a beefy roof rack and a full size spare and his truck gets like 15 mpg. I get like 18 around town and 21ish on the highway with my roof rack. But even as low profile as mine is, you can still feel a good amount of drag on the highway or a windy day.

just my $.02
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
If you build a roof rack, I'd make it as low profile as you can. The style roof rack on my truck vs. a big bulky cage one is a completely different ride. FWIW a guy on campus drives a DC with a beefy roof rack and a full size spare and his truck gets like 15 mpg. I get like 18 around town and 21ish on the highway with my roof rack. But even as low profile as mine is, you can still feel a good amount of drag on the highway or a windy day.

just my $.02
Thanks for the info, after your's and Box Rocket's opinions I'm probably not going to get one now...

I'll just try to figure out a different way to mount a light bar on my roof.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #536
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks for the info, after your's and Box Rocket's opinions I'm probably not going to get one now...

I'll just try to figure out a different way to mount a light bar on my roof.
I didn't mean to deter you from getting a roof rack because I love mine! I was just letting you know about having a significant amount of weight on top of your truck.

build one like mine!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #537

Quote:
I didn't mean to deter you from getting a roof rack because I love mine! I was just letting you know about having a significant amount of weight on top of your truck.

build one like mine!
I would like to build one if I had the facilities to do it! Living in a dorm room makes it hard to do much custom work...
Old 04-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #538
'MERICA

Quote:
I would like to build one if I had the facilities to do it! Living in a dorm room makes it hard to do much custom work...
Funny that you say that. I snuck a welder into my dorm freshman year and was welding up a storm.. didn't get in trouble until I got the grinder going. There was a lot of construction going on, so I got away with it for a while
Old 04-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #539

Quote:
Funny that you say that. I snuck a welder into my dorm freshman year and was welding up a storm.. didn't get in trouble until I got the grinder going. There was a lot of construction going on, so I got away with it for a while
Wow... Haha

I have access to a welder, but nowhere to store the metal as I go...
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #540
'MERICA

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully I'll have one by September...

I like the stock seats, they fit me perfectly. I want these Wet Okole's. After I saw these I was hooked!
going through your build thread and I'm like "HEY THAT'S MY TRUCK!!"

Products Discussed in this Thread