Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i 'dipped in my garage that was 20 degrees out. no where on the can does it have temperatures to use, or not use it on.
Hmm, true... I'll probably end up doing it next weekend if it's not too windy. Seems like almost every day here it's 15mph winds...
Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #42
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Word of advice about hauling. Dont try loading a fullsize quad with the tailgate on. I did and half a backflip and a bent tailgate later i found out it was a little heavy for it haha.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #43
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Word of advice about hauling. Dont try loading a fullsize quad with the tailgate on. I did and half a backflip and a bent tailgate later i found out it was a little heavy for it haha.
Haha nice! This truck probably won't see much hauling in its future.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #44
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, just saying. I just like using my truck as a truck. Just somethin about it that i like.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i almost went that route, BUT 5100s are more prone to leaking than OME shocks, and without a bumper and winch, you can overlift your front and kiss your cv boots good bye. even the OME 883's were pushing it for the cv angles
the only 5100's I've seen leak were stock length rears with lifts
Even then, I ran 5100's before the big bottom-out incident, so mine were technically stock length. Even with my AAL I had no problems with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
So what would you suggest for not having any armor right now but plan to have it in the future when it comes to OME?
the toytec coils are 630lb coils now, down from the 650 when I bought them- I'm not running armor up front so they gave me about 3.5" of lift at the start. Rode a little stiff, but I've wheeled the piss out of it and the front 5100 with no problems

with armor, the right OME spring or the toytec coil will handle the weight nicely

Quote:
i orderd through wheelers, but i only did the front. my rear is still cheaped together with an AAL and now leaking KYB's. my suggestion, no matter what you decide is DONT:
1. run 5100s on your stock coils. the trd coils are progressive and crap once they age
2. dont run OME coils on 5100s, it will ride VERY stiff. MTgirl has that and complains about the ride being too stiff. ive read elsewhere of others with the same experience.
3. dont let someone tell you here and now what to get. spend time reading reviews, looking into the different brands and quality issues with both then make up your own mind.
x2 on #3

the OME coils are made to be mated with OME shocks, and vice versa. It's possible to run them mismatched but the pair might not be idea.

overall, you can get OME packs in one go; theyre a little more expensive but (from what I've heard) they ride a little better than the 5100/toytec setup; but the 5100/toytecs cant be beat for the price
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Yea, just saying. I just like using my truck as a truck. Just somethin about it that i like.
Let me rephrase, I probably won't be using it for heavy hauling... This spring I'm sure I'll have a kayak or mountain bike in the back every other weekend.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #48
Dirty mall crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

I was hauling a honda rubicon 500. Pretty heavy quad...or maybe just brittle tailgate cables. Either way, next time the tailgate comes off first!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #49

Found out that I'm getting a decent sized tax return! Lift, wheels, and tires are gonna be here even sooner!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #50

Washed and waxed the truck, cleaned the interior, vacuumed the interior, plastidipped the wheels, and removed the chrome step bars. Those step bars were such a pain to remove, but completely worth it!

Before

After

Random
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #51

I'm going to plastidip the bumpers and grill tomorrow. I also got my tacomaworld.com sticker in today, so I'm gonna put that on tomorrow.

Debating on plastidipping the emblems.... I think I might do it and see what it looks like... How do you remove the overspray around the emblems? I can't remember haha

I'm also thinking about getting the windows tinted next weekend... The clear windows are really noticeable now...
Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #52

Plastidipped my front bumper and grill. I also painted my emblem orange just to see what it looked like... It'll be gone this weekend... Haha

Old 01-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #53

Quote:
ewwww that orange is gross! haha everything else looks awesome!
Haha don't worry, it'll be gone by Saturday! Going to plastidip the rear bumper next weekend as well. Debating on whether or not to plastidip the emblems and have my windows tinted 20% or 35%... But getting it tinted would take away from the lift funds... Lol
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #55

Quote:
i may tint my windows DARK this summer. i think 20% matches the rear side glass.
Yeah, I'll probably go get a quote for 20% tint on both front windows, if it's a decent price I'll go ahead and do it. I noticed how bad it was in this pic which made me want tint.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Did you see the guy in the daily thread that painted his dash orange?!?!

did you do something to your flares too Brent? they look less grey in the recent shots.
Yeah... It wouldn't have been too big of a deal had he not decided to do lines at random angles! Overall it was just bad! Haha

As for the flares I used some of that "Back to Black" cleaner. It made it slightly better, but I'll end up just bed lining them when I get the time.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #57

Quote:
More orange! I'd like to see A 1st gen version of this truck ---> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...40s-build.html
Haha that's what I would love to do, I love his interior! But my interior is tan, so I'd have to swap out the carpet and paint the dash for the orange to look at least halfway decent...
Old 01-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #58
Dirty mall crawler

Nope, but that sounds horrendous. Its only cool if you do it to the right things. I like howthis guy did his interior trim, bumper clevises, etc. Its the small stuff that makes it look good.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Nope, but that sounds horrendous. Its only cool if you do it to the right things. I like howthis guy did his interior trim, bumper clevises, etc. Its the small stuff that makes it look good.
Agreed, I want his truck!

Products Discussed in this Thread