Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #601
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Haha that's doing something!

It's been a month since I've done anything and it feels like forever! I'll paint my flares next weekend, then July I'll start doing some little things.
Yeah I guess so haha. I'd like to get sliders soon and then a front tube bumper. But that will be a little while on the bumper
Old 05-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #602
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Yeah I guess so haha. I'd like to get sliders soon and then a front tube bumper. But that will be a little while on the bumper
I've decided I'm getting sliders, skids, bed rack, and camping gear first. Then redo my suspension for mid-travel. Then get bumpers.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #603
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I've decided I'm getting sliders, skids, bed rack, and camping gear first. Then redo my suspension for mid-travel. Then get bumpers.
Yeah I'd love to have a bed rack, I think they look awesome but I really don't have much use for one. When you plannin on goin MT? I've been thinkin about that as well just a little. Nothin serious though
Old 05-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #604
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah I'd love to have a bed rack, I think they look awesome but I really don't have much use for one. When you plannin on goin MT? I've been thinkin about that as well just a little. Nothin serious though
Probably next year depending on funds. Icon extended travel resies front and rear, allpro ucas, allpro expo leafs.

The rear will be done as soon as possible to carry the bed rack and tent.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #605
Yep

Quote:
Probably next year depending on funds. Icon extended travel resies front and rear, allpro ucas, allpro expo leafs.

The rear will be done as soon as possible to carry the bed rack and tent.
Very nice. I'm glad we are havin 2 conversations in 2 threads. We are thread jackin the shit out of that other one haha
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #606

Quote:
Very nice. I'm glad we are havin 2 conversations in 2 threads. We are thread jackin the shit out of that other one haha
Haha yeah, hopefully funds work out and I'll start getting bumpers ordered either then end of next year or beginning of 2015.

I wouldn't say thread jacking, it's still talking about getting another vehicle...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #607
Yep

Quote:
Haha yeah, hopefully funds work out and I'll start getting bumpers ordered either then end of next year or beginning of 2015.

I wouldn't say thread jacking, it's still talking about getting another vehicle...
Nice. And yeah that is true hahaha
Old 05-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #608
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey PCBuilder: What is the real definition of a mid travel? I've got UCAs and coilovers but they are not uniball. They net me 11" of travel but I don't know if that is classifies as mid travel or not.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Hey PCBuilder: What is the real definition of a mid travel? I've got UCAs and coilovers but they are not uniball. They net me 11" of travel but I don't know if that is classifies as mid travel or not.
If you're actually getting a full 11" of travel out of your front set up, I'd consider that mid-travel. I'm surprised you're getting 11" though...
Old 05-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #610
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^Ha, That's what Blackdawg said too. I've got the photos on my build thread (page 2) I think. The cool part is that my whole front suspension was less than a grand... way cheaper than most advertised mid travel setups. I just don't know what kind of wheel travel numbers the high priced setups get...
Old 05-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
^Ha, That's what Blackdawg said too. I've got the photos on my build thread (page 2) I think. The cool part is that my whole front suspension was less than a grand... way cheaper than most advertised mid travel setups. I just don't know what kind of wheel travel numbers the high priced setups get...
Oh, you mean 11" from fender to tire? That makes more sense.

As far as I know, the way you're supposed to measure travel is to let it droop all the way down and measure from the fender to the center of the hub. Then fully compress and measure from fender to center of hub. The difference between those two is your amount of travel.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #612
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on the Relentless kickup sliders.. I want those so bad. Only one major reason I want the kickup is to cover some gravel chips in my paint haha. They'll look great on your truck.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Good choice on the Relentless kickup sliders.. I want those so bad. Only one major reason I want the kickup is to cover some gravel chips in my paint haha. They'll look great on your truck.
Haha thanks. I'm hoping to order them as soon as July comes. I've wanted them ever since I first saw them!

My paint isn't terrible, but now that I've taken my mud flaps off it'll probably get worse... I might just bedline the bottom quarter of my truck some day.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #614
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha thanks. I'm hoping to order them as soon as July comes. I've wanted them ever since I first saw them!

My paint isn't terrible, but now that I've taken my mud flaps off it'll probably get worse... I might just bedline the bottom quarter of my truck some day.
I think bedlining the bottom quarter looks sick on black trucks.
My paint is bad behind my doors on my rocker panels. On the driver's side it's like rock chips and on the other, I have no idea what happened. It's just a spot missing out of the paint. I need to have it redone but don't have the money and would rather spend it on armor.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #615
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My paint is bad behind my doors on my rocker panels. On the driver's side it's like rock chips and on the other, I have no idea what happened. It's just a spot missing out of the paint. I need to have it redone but don't have the money and would rather spend it on armor.

I think that bed liner would look sick with your setup man
Old 05-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #616

Quote:

I say remove the rubber stripping, remove your pinstripe and bedline your rocker panel!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #617
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I think that bed liner would look sick with your setup man
Quote:
I say remove the rubber stripping, remove your pinstripe and bedline your rocker panel!
Gentlemen, I think y'all are right. I hate chrome so the bedliner will look good with everything else im blacking out. I actually have some spray on bedliner now that Im using to do my badges. I plan to do my bumpers and grille too. Just have to wait till Im out of this stupid sling. Should I look into having it professionally done? I don't know if I would have the balls to sand the bottom 1/4 and do it myself lol
Old 05-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #618
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
If you mess it up you can always go get it done professionally.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #619

Quote:
Gentlemen, I think y'all are right. I hate chrome so the bedliner will look good with everything else im blacking out. I actually have some spray on bedliner now that Im using to do my badges. I plan to do my bumpers and grille too. Just have to wait till Im out of this stupid sling. Should I look into having it professionally done? I don't know if I would have the balls to sand the bottom 1/4 and do it myself lol
Haha trust me, it's easy. Just sand it, clean it with acetone. Then make sure you cover the rest of your cab very well. Spray away with about 3-4 coats and you're good to go.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #620
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
If you mess it up you can always go get it done professionally.
Quote:
Haha trust me, it's easy. Just sand it, clean it with acetone. Then make sure you cover the rest of your cab very well. Spray away with about 3-4 coats and you're good to go.
Sounds good guys. I hear bedliner touches up really good too so that's a plus.

Oh and which bedliner do yall recommend? I dont really feel like seeing it fade after a year haha

Products Discussed in this Thread