Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #62
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i suck at painting, and that paint job made me look like Da Vince!

im telling you, rustolium paint those things which ever you decide to do will just look sharp on the black truck. see the difference here:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMG_0968.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMAG0226.jpg
Looks good! I'm terrible with paint as well! Haha I'm too impatient... I think I like fender flares more of a matte finish to offset the paint. Plus I'm going to bedline the bottom quarter of my truck at some point so I figure it would look good if the fender flares matched.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #63
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
same here. these though i took em off and let em dry for several days. spent a few days driving with only fenders on one side as i had to wait for the dealership to get more clips in i didnt wait long enough for the to cure apparently as i went wheeling and it scratched up easily and clearly wasnt curred fully. oh well. it matches the rest of the truck now!
Haha I'll go buy some clips this weekend and paint them with bed liner just to make you happy
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #64

Quote:
woah dont make me happy, i probably will never see your truck in person. you, on the other hand, have to see it EVERY DAY.
Haha yeah, but the faded plastic is bugging me. If I have time I probably will do it.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #65
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

Looks great my man!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #66
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Ok, that was a mistake! I do, however, like his 3rd brake light idea, only on black it would look better. But to each his own i guess

Pcbuilder, skip the orange then ...MURDER IT!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Ok, that was a mistake! I do, however, like his 3rd brake light idea, only on black it would look better. But to each his own i guess

Pcbuilder, skip the orange then ...MURDER IT!
Haha yeah that's pretty much what I plan to do. Get rid of all the chrome, tint the windows, probably lightly tint the tail lights and brake light, buy some clear corners, and eventually black out my headlights once I do a retrofit.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #69

Question.... Are new, longer u-bolts required for a single aal? working on figuring out the exact total for my lift...
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #71

Quote:
only a handful of 15s clear the calipers on these trucks. At an even better price, wheelers rims DO fit.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Oh, dang... I was hoping to be able to get those, $236 for 5 wheels would have been awesome! Haha
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #72

Quote:
i dont know if the summits will or wont fit. i just KNOW the wheelers will
Well I found out I can order them directly from summit racing for nearly the same price, so I'll probably order them down the road. If they don't fit, they have a 90 day return policy.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #73

So I plan on ordering my lift tomorrow and want to make sure I'm ordering everything needed...

Here's what I'm ordering:
5100's front and rear
eibach coils
aal
u-bolts

I know that it's recommended that I get an extended rear brake line as well as a bpv bracket. But it's going to be a while before I'm able to flex the rear, so those can wait.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #74

Quote:
meh i havent added a bpv yet and mine still stops.
get ome instead
Haha I see what you did there!

Only if you'll give me the extra $161.89 that it costs!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #75

Quote:
if that is all it costs, WAIT! lol
I would if there was legitimate reasons showing why OME is better

Okay I take back how much of a price difference it would be... If i include everything that the OME kit has into the price of the Bilstien/Eibach setup it's about a $3.50 difference... Haha
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #76

Quote:
what is the big selling point of the 5100s to you? is it quality? their popularity? the price?
Mainly the price. In the long run everything will end up coming out to be pretty much the same price, but I can't afford all of the little extras such as the bpv bracket, extended brake line, diff drop kit, and the cost of the toytec all vs. the pro comp aal...

I know the pro comp aal will ride stiffer, but I plan to switch out to a new set of springs in the future so I'm not gonna bother getting a more expensive aal...

I also could not find any good comparison as to saying which is better than the other.

Price wise, the Bilstien/eibach route is just the better option right now.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #77

Quote:
i did a ton of research when i looked into doing my front end. i went with OME even though they are more expensive because they ARE quality shocks and that is why you pay more. the popularity of the 5100s comes not from quality but because of them being adjustable. if they were not adjustable, there wouldnt be as many people here with hard on's for them. im sure they will work just fine for you but i knew that i would rather run the better product in the end and be done with it for 100k miles.

also, i have the procompl aal i like it. it was perfect before the rear shocks blew out but thats not entirely my fault lol

oh in case your curious...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s....1.ssyboqY5HbA

vs

http://www.google.com/search?q=old+m...w=1186&bih=664

certainly are more of one than the other
I can understand them being so popular due to being adjustable. It's just something about them I like though, definitely not bashing OME at all. I think they're both pretty close in reliability. Plus when looking at leaking issues, Bilstein is used by many more vehicles than OME.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #78

Quote:
care to tell me where you get that stat? :sirthepot:

jp you will be happy with whichever, i was just making sure you knew why you chose one over the other
Haha it all really comes down to price, that's all.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #79

Ugh... I apparently gave DSM my billing address for my shipping address as well...
Called UPS, and they said since they've only received the billing info so far they can't change it. so I called, emailed , and sent a private message to DSM as well. I'm glad I actually payed attention to my tracking info this time!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #80

Here for the past few weeks or so my power steering makes a lot more noise than normal it seems.
When the vehicle warms up or when it's warm outside it seems to quite down. Fluid levels are good also. It didn't seem to start doing it until I got the timing belt and water pump replaced....

Don't know if this helps, there is also a odd noise that sounds like maybe the bearings for the pulley are going out? I'm not sure, but you can't hear it on the video very well...
http://youtu.be/Cx6PMxfcl70

Products Discussed in this Thread