Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #1501
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Plus whatever shipping difference is.

Okay but let's say its $100 for shits and giggles.
With that $100 he can buy:
paint for the bumper, condoms for all the bishes he's gonna pull with new bumper, beer for his buddies who are gonna want to drink to celebrate new bumper, napkins for his mom who's gonna cry when she sees how beautiful it is, lights to make bumper even more pimptastic, a stick to swat away fat chicks, gas to drive around with new bumper, etc etc!
That's hilarious
Old 11-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1502
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
LOL Imagine what you couldve saved if you bought a first gen!
Don't remind me
Would've had it trail geared out all around. Plus would've tracked down the one year they had a v6 in a reg cab.

Really do love first gens more than 2nd gens lol
Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #1503
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't remind me
Would've had it trail geared out all around. Plus would've tracked down the one year they had a v6 in a reg cab.

Really do love first gens more than 2nd gens lol
did they have v6 reg cabs? im unaware of that. i know there have been swaps done. but yeah, you bought the wrong truck.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #1504
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
did they have v6 reg cabs? im unaware of that. i know there have been swaps done. but yeah, you bought the wrong truck.
Yea there was only one year of production tho IIRC. Think its 97 or 98. Think a guy on here even on has but they're rare. Like. S-runner rare.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #1505
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Even if I ended up paying exactly how much it would have cost to have Eric weld it, I'd still do it. I'll still get it a lot earlier!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #1506
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Even if I ended up paying exactly how much it would have cost to have Eric weld it, I'd still do it. I'll still get it a lot earlier!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #1507
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a reputable welding shop and they have pics and/or drawings of how it's put together, I'd have no problem having them weld it up.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #1508
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
If it's a reputable welding shop and they have pics and/or drawings of how it's put together, I'd have no problem having them weld it up.
Yup, all certified welders.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #1509
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Yup, all certified welders.
IF they do mess up.. for the love of god please DO NOT SHOW BEN... Just act like you changed your mind and got a new bumper or something lol
Old 11-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #1510
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IF they do mess up.. for the love of god please DO NOT SHOW BEN... Just act like you changed your mind and got a new bumper or something lol
Haha doesn't effect me either way. Trust me, my arrogance comes from different places.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #1511
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
If you get your bumper back in some sort of strange abstract art piece, you're going to have a bad time.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1512

I'm going to try to do it on a Saturday so I can watch/help.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #1513

Picked up my SWR meter, black lug nuts, u-bolts and greaseable main eye bolts today. Got bored and took some detailed pictures of the main eye bolts....

Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #1514
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
You should have access to a mig at the hobby shop brent.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
You should have access to a mig at the hobby shop brent.
Yeah, I've looked at them... The main guy that runs the shop(very rude guy) is also apparently the only one that can allow you to use them, and he's only there during the weekdays while I'm at work.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #1516

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming those zerks thread in on the bolts right? If so I don't know if there's room to access the one on the driver side. The fuel tank is pretty close. I don't know if you could get a grease gun with a flexible hose on it. I could be wrong though, I haven't looked at that in a while.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #1517
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The main guy that runs the shop(very rude guy)
Why do I hear this whenever peeps mention the hobby shop?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #1518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I'm assuming those zerks thread in on the bolts right? If so I don't know if there's room to access the one on the driver side. The fuel tank is pretty close. I don't know if you could get a grease gun with a flexible hose on it. I could be wrong though, I haven't looked at that in a while.
I don't know if the zerks are threaded, I can't remove them. I have no idea, I guess we'll see haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Why do I hear this whenever peeps mention the hobby shop?
I don't know, it's just the main guy/owner. The other two guys that work there are polite. At Holloman, the guys that worked there were nice as well
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #1519

Picked up my leaf springs, shackles, and brake line today.

Carrying leaf springs up 3 stories is not fun! Haha

Not sure what order the shackle setup goes, I just threw it together to see if it made sense haha

Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #1520
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
The guys at fairchild are all old farts one is an ex toyota tech very knowledgable and sharp

Products Discussed in this Thread