Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Lil red wagon build thread!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
FOR SALE MAKE OFFER!! Lil red wagon build thread!

FOR SALE MAKE OFFER CALL 715 218 7005
Heres the story iv owned a few toyotas back in wisconsin where i was born and rasied a 89 and 91 loved them both espeaclly the 91 but i had to sell it because my family was moving to maui where tacomas ruled the road but also were crazy over priced. But after months of searching before i moved i found this one from the orginal owner who took super good care of it with 131,000 miles and totaly bone stock witch was perfect the only thing i wish was different was to have the trd package but o well.

Heres the specs on it as of now

2001 tacoma 3.4 5 speed 4x4 sr5 package

Motor
stock interanls
deck plate mod
nkg plugs and wires

Drivetrain
diff drop

Exhaust
cut muffler off and welded pipe in place sounds nice see video

Exterior
fog light mod
tool box
crome door handles
cb antenna
restored the head lights
Custom bedside decals by sockmonkey

Interior
foot lights
pioneer after market radio
hurst t handle shifter
ultra gauge
tinted side windows to match rear about 25% with a 5% brow across the front.

Suspension
full old man emu suspension lift with 883 coils, nitrocharger shocks, dakar leaf packs and light racing upper control arms.

Tires and rims
265/75/16 goodyear duratraks
stock rims painted graphite gray (idea from tacoskeet)

Heres how it sits as of 4/13/13

Heres what it looked like the day i bought it

took it fourwheeling to the top of the island right away bout 10,000 feet
my girl friends a photographer so she took these ones.

The first thing i did was join this forum after finding it lol
second thing i did was the deck plate mod witch i felt a 6-8 hp increase on the ass dyno sheets i still need to buy a afe pro dry air filter for it still running stock one yet

Then i cut the stock muffler off and welded in a piece of pipe, i hate stock sounding trucks the make me sick. Heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dc-CBuUbkA?version=3

Bought a ultra gauge with the group buy on here and realy like that its paid for itself many times with seeing what the check engine light is coming on for.

The next thing i did was the fog light mod. i love it makes it look much better and everybody stares at me at night that drives a tacoma cuz their like why are his blinkers different then mine, its pretty funny.
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/299087/cat/500][/url

Then i put in the blue feet lights and got it hooked up to a make ur cigarett lighter plug in thing works prety nice i wana covert all the red in the dash over to blue in time

Then i got this tool box off craigslist for $150 well worth it, had so much shit in the back part off the cab i had a hard time seeing out the back window.

Got some chrome door handles

redid the headlights
before

after

got some bedside stickers from sockmonkey!!

installed the lift heres my install thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tacoma-v6.html
but heres some pics
before

after

flexing a little with the new suspension

Things for the future.
All chrome front grill off ebay
heavy duty front and rear bumbers
blue dash lights
lots of lights!!
maybe if i get rich a super charger but i dought it

Thats it for now stay tuned for more
Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Brown box day!!!

Got half of the lift kit in the mail today from wheelers yesterday =]

got the rest of the kit in monday so sweet!

Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #3

Installed the brake line

Installed the extened rear brake line last night in about a hour and a half with bleeding...in the dark....in the rain...at night... lol not a fun experence but i wanted to get it done before next weekend when i install the whole lift. after retopping of the fluid in the brake booster. the brake light stayed on but i drove about a mile and the light went off so thats good. the brake pedal feels a lil stiffer aand more responsive with the new ss line. i like..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #4

sock monkey decals

put these on today, thanks sockey monkey
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #5

another pic
Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck I like the exhaust a lot!! is that legal where you are ? it's considered straight piped with that isn't it? I want to make mine sound like that but still have some kind of muffler in there any idea what I could do? if you could post some pictures of it too that'd be sweet!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #7

Yea it's considered straight pipe but I still got my cats though. All I did was cut the muffler off and weld in a peice of pipe. Pretty simple. One thing u could do witch I did, is buy a flow master super 10 off road muffler. It's a small single chamber muffler that sounds awsome. When I get headers and high flow cats itl be way to loud for straight pipes so I'm gana put one of those mufflers on.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01kingtaco View Post
Installed the extened rear brake line last night in about a hour and a half with bleeding...in the dark....in the rain...at night... lol not a fun experence but i wanted to get it done before next weekend when i install the whole lift. after retopping of the fluid in the brake booster. the brake light stayed on but i drove about a mile and the light went off so thats good. the brake pedal feels a lil stiffer aand more responsive with the new ss line. i like..
In the dark..in the rain... lol
Thats how it always goes down! I installed my full OME outside on a stone driveway...the day before this past Superbowl. The kicker was the temp never got above 11f Its was cold as a polar bears ass. And the sun seem to set way early that day. Anyway

Nice build so far! Keep the pictures coming.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #9

Yea that's how it always works, I'm installing the lift kit right now this weekend on a concrete slab. Got the whole front end ripped apart now tomorow the new stuff goes on il post pics of the work next week some time.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #11

What I did was take the corner marker light out and switch the wires around very simple this way but makes u have hyper blinking so I bought some bigger bulbs and that solved the problem and also got some clear bulbs for the new fog lights. The hardest part was getting the wire shroud and tape off of the wires to switch them
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #12

Well I got it aligned today and it wasn't outa spec that much at all toe and camber were a little high but not bad and it only costed $100. And the tech was cool and let me watch him do it. He was also impressed with my exhaust
Old 03-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Well I got it aligned today and it wasn't outa spec that much at all toe and camber were a little high but not bad and it only costed $100. And the tech was cool and let me watch him do it. He was also impressed with my exhaust
mmm your exhaust <3
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #14

I know mmmmm
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #15
Quote:
I know mmmmm
400 left on my payment for good. Then I can do whatever I want with my truck first thing is headlights and muffler! Either fm super 44, 10, or magnaflow 14"
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #16

Super10 ftw!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looking good
Old 03-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
Quote:
Super10 ftw!
don't want it to be too loud though
Old 03-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #19

Thanks nick. Eric I use to have sticker on the back of my true dual straight piped dodge ram in big letters that said, LOUD PIPES SAVES LIFES
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #20
Quote:
Thanks nick. Eric I use to have sticker on the back of my true dual straight piped dodge ram in big letters that said, LOUD PIPES SAVES LIFES
Yeah I have seen that sticker many places haha . yesterday at napa the parts store I was asking for some more bolts for my skidplate and I didn't have them on hand i forgot them at home so I was trying to tell the guy how small they were and he said it can't be a skidplate if the bolts are that small, but no surprise it's a toyota"

But yeah, I am going to do my muffler as soon as my trucks payed off