Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD

Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
I Care a Lot About My Taco....BUILD

Here is my 04 build. Still have some mods coming this week too. Love to spend to way to much time on this thing..
Most pics were just taken with my phone, so I apologize haha.

Wanted a 'clean' looking truck, so here were go.
Any tips or suggestions?

Stock:

heheh

Then came the Magnaflow exhaust with a 3" stainless tip. Love the sound. Tested out a Flowmaster 40 series, Cherry bomb, and then the Magnaflow and ended up liking the sound of the Magnaflow the best.

Most important mod: Stereo
Sony Deck. Had no problems and love the settings it comes with.

Four Pioneer 3 way 6X8's. These things go louder than you'll ever need them too haha.

One inch Pioneer tweeters. These actually made a big difference.
Stock vs. Pioneers

1800 watt Kenwood Amp with custom built box and JBL tens to start out.

One 10 on each side. This makes it so I can still use the two seats in the back which I surprisingly do a lot haha, they just are deaf when they get out.

Replaced by Jl Audio's with some grilles for safety. Best decision ever. Currently running 900 watts @ 2 ohm to my 2 tens, 1 ohm capable @ 900<

It's an old video and my amp was only turned up half way, but it's an example. It's hard to record that much bass hahah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaCS...8OksFSXvTlhwlQ

Window Tint. Dark as possible, legally. 50% on the driver and passenger and Limo (5%) on the back three.

Blacked out tails, which I soon found out is illegal here after getting a ticket...which I took to court and got it dismissed. FTW.

Many decals. Today I only have two "Jl Audio" little decals and they're here to stay. You can see in the last final pic.

Debadged the tailgate....still deciding on de-badging everything or not..

10K HID Kit.....cops love 'em as much as the people who pass me....hahah

K&N FIPK which destroyed my MAF. Also installed an airaid TB spacer while I was at it.
I did definitely see about ten hp gain and increase in mpg. I never get below 20 mpg anymore. I got as low as 16 when everything was stock.

18" Rockstars. Lift is soon to come when I get back from my LDS mission hahah.
Before

After

Blue LED strips to compliment my headlights. Replacing these soon since I got a fix it ticket for them haha.

K&N replaced with an oil-free AEM which made my exhaust deeper and seems to have a smoother airflow...plus it looks WAY better.
With the K&N I noticed a sort of 'hiccup' in my engine when I accelerated fast...not sure why. I reset the ECU and it still happened. After I installed the AEM, it is a much smoother RPM climb than the FIPK. Kind of weird, but the AEM has aluminum tubing compared to the the K&N's plastic so it just seems like the AEM would have more airflow....meh. I would recommend the 'AEM Bruteforce' for ANY Taco owner over the oil based K&N.

Simple new 12" antenna. Haven't had any weakened signal for radio...but I listen to my ipod most of the time haha

LED tail lights to make the cops happy...even though they are ridiculously bright. Spyders.

Dome Light haha

LED Third Brake. Took hours to install since I figured out you have to take apart everything on the inside to remove TWO freakin' tiny nuts...looks sick now tho at least.

6K LED license plate lights. Made sure they're not blue so the fuzz don't have yet another reason to pull me over haha.
Pretty crappy cell phone pic, my bad.

Most recent mod got done today (17th) new fillers and T-Rex grille. Love the look.
Fillers with stock grille:

Then the new T-Rex grille:
(had to get rid of the blue LED strips because of a ticket which I got dismissed)

Found out these lights are on back order until February, and I'll be gone by then, so nothing will be happening to my lights...which blows. Would have gone nicely with the new black fillers.

As it sicks today. YEAH.

THANKS FOR CHECKIN' MY BUILD OUT
SUGGESTIONS?
Attached Thumbnails
MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0054.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0320.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0321.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0198.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0510.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-2011-12-27-01.17.29.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-2012-11-08-15.03.48.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0485.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0488.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-2012-07-28-09.05-edit.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0630.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0600.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0546.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0135.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0204.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0646.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0651.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0445.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0618.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1275.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1277.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag0750.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1122.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1039.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1257.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1406.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1287.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1290.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-final.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1477.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1462.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-2012-02-23-18.01.18.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-truck.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-cimg0311.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-edit.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1028.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1486.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-headlights.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-combined.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1495.jpg  

MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1500.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1505.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1511.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1519.jpg   MY PRECIOUS 04 BUILD-imag1523.jpg  

Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you in Utah? Looks like you're taking your time with your mods to try to do them right. Although most of them are mods I wouldn't personally do.

When do you leave and where are you going? (mission)
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sponsored by Monster?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
gonna say no. one of the reasons for my previous comment, "Although most of them are mods I wouldn't personally do"
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
gonna say no. one of the reasons for my previous comment, "Although most of them are mods I wouldn't personally do"
Well, I noticed he went back and took them all off, so that's a plus. Definitely not my cup of tea OP but it looks to be done right and that's all that matters.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Where are you in Utah? Looks like you're taking your time with your mods to try to do them right. Although most of them are mods I wouldn't personally do.

When do you leave and where are you going? (mission)
Thanks man!! Yeah haha, all throughout HS I was known as the dude with the "Monster" truck haha. The Monster decal on the hood will be coming off real soon as well.

I leave Feb. 6 to Arizona!

Quote:
No I'm not, I am almost went for a sponsorship but didn't end up following up on it.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Well truck is looking a million times better without the stickers, keep up the good work!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Well truck is looking a million times better without the stickers, keep up the good work!
haha I think so too, thanks! Just wish I had more $ to spend on it....
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #9

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdallin View Post
haha I think so too, thanks! Just wish I had more $ to spend on it....
You and me both
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i was about to put my troll hat on regarding the monster stickers, glad to see they came off, and the "menlove" dealer decal, hahaha
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #11
no time for d-bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i was about to put my troll hat on regarding the monster stickers, glad to see they came off, and the "menlove" dealer decal, hahaha
The "menlove" jokes are common around here but they have been an awesome dealer to work with. they have been a long time supporter of our local Toyota 4x4 club and have been offering an awesome parts discount to our members for year. Jokes aside, they are a good dealership. FWIW, they were sold and it's now Toyota of Bountiful.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #12

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The "menlove" jokes are common around here but they have been an awesome dealer to work with. they have been a long time supporter of our local Toyota 4x4 club and have been offering an awesome parts discount to our members for year. Jokes aside, they are a good dealership. FWIW, they were sold and it's now Toyota of Bountiful.
That's a much better name
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
That's a much better name
hahaha yeah, I'm diggin' the 'Jl Audio' stickers wayy more...and Idk why it took me a little while to take the 'Menlove' off hahaha
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Ridiculous system. Loving the subs, how much wattage are they/is your amp? and is there any way you could post a few more pics of the 6x8s? I have the same model but in 6x6's and I'm curious as to how you fit the 6x8's.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Ridiculous system. Loving the subs, how much wattage are they/is your amp? and is there any way you could post a few more pics of the 6x8s? I have the same model but in 6x6's and I'm curious as to how you fit the 6x8's.
Thanks dude! Music is my life haha.

These are basically them..I think just the newer model:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSA8...-TS-A874M.html

I didn't take any pics when I installed them a while back. From what I remember is that it was either the front or back two that required a little bit of cutting in order for the stock 'holders' to be deep enough to screw the speakers in. I believe the back two it was a perfect fit. Fortunately not modifiying needed.

I wanted 6X9's but these 6X8's hit basically as hard.

My amp is 1 ohm capable and will push over 900 watts. I'm running my subs at 2 ohm with 450 watts going to each sub. My Jl's are 500 watt rms and 1000 peak..they never distort basically because Jl has incredible quality.

I'll try to find some pics but not sure I have any..
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Same! I'm just ballin on a budget for now haha but that looks pretty cool. My speaker mounts and the cover that is on the door panel/rear panel is round, so I have no idea how 6x8s would fit. Mine is an '00 btw, so the interior is a little different
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Same! I'm just ballin on a budget for now haha but that looks pretty cool. My speaker mounts and the cover that is on the door panel/rear panel is round, so I have no idea how 6x8s would fit. Mine is an '00 btw, so the interior is a little different
Hmm..yeah they must have changed speakers in for the 2001-2004 models. The Stock speakers were 6X8's so it just required a little cutting for new ones. The 1 inch tweeters make a big difference too.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #18

Huh, interesting. I didn't know that stock were 6x8's. Are you running your speakers through an amp, or just straight form your head unit? I have 3-way speakers as well, and the problem is not the highs (set at -2), it is the lows. Hence why I put in a sub.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #19

Stars or no stars? (Monster decal on hood is finally off)

Old 01-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #20

No stars. Another question-- do you feel your subs against your seat? My 10 is set up like that (in between the seats) but the only thing is I can actually feel it when it moves, as opposed to just hearing it. I'd rather just hear the bass, rather than the physical motion of the subwoofer. Thats why I like listening in my friends cars because theirs is in the trunk and you just hear the bass

Products Discussed in this Thread