Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoSkeet's 03 DC

Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Sweet looking truck bud!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Sweet looking truck bud!
Thanks man, Michael (01GreenTaco) showed me your truck a while back, it looks great. He said he saw you around in Sylacauga when he worked at FarmLinks. Small world.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #23
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Thanks man, Michael (01GreenTaco) showed me your truck a while back, it looks great. He said he saw you around in Sylacauga when he worked at FarmLinks. Small world.
Wow. No kidding! I never recognized him either haha. Most people in my area don't look at toyotas as real trucks, everyone drives huge Z71s. It was nice to see that someone recognized my truck. And thanks man.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. I saw some "graphite" paint the other day and was thinking about my wheels.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
looks good. I saw some "graphite" paint the other day and was thinking about my wheels.
I love my graphite wheels. It really makes even stock wheels "pop"
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #26
'MERICA

Built a new bumper this past weekend. I'm still trying to decide on a license plate mount and where I want to put it. Overall, very pleased with how it turned out

Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build, subb'd.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Look at those caps bro!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
Roll Tide!

Looks good man! similar to mine!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like I've seen that bumper somewhere before.

edit: looks good.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Looks good man! similar to mine!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Seems like I've seen that bumper somewhere before.

edit: looks good.
Yeah. 01GreenTaco said he wanted to do one similar to your swing out, so we ordered enough 3x5 for us both. Mine is the same as yours except I didn't have round tubing, just square so i did that part a little different, and I still have no idea how you mounted it using the stock plates with the curvature and all. I had to use flat stock and then gusset it.

Good idea on your part with bumper!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Your build is coming along nicely

Still subbed
Thanks! I still have a lot of plans for it in the near future, stay tuned!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #34
'MERICA

Finally got some warm weather to switch out my TRD decals today! Sockmonkey is the man, and does some good, quality work!

Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #36
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really like your rims and if u don't mind I'd like to do that to my rims. I just have a few questions. Y did u use a heat gun in between coats, was it just to speed up dry time? Any how many cans of graphite did u need and did u do the inside of the rims?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #37
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01kingtaco View Post
I really like your rims and if u don't mind I'd like to do that to my rims. I just have a few questions. Y did u use a heat gun in between coats, was it just to speed up dry time? Any how many cans of graphite did u need and did u do the inside of the rims?
I use a heat gun in between coats to speed up dry time so there is less chance that dust or something floating in the air wont land on the rim and stick to it. And I just feel like using a heat gun or a hair dryer just helps them to cure better.

I did the inside of the rims black, and it really only took 1 can of graphite, but I got 2 and put a couple heavy coats on. I'd say get 2 for sure.

Mine have lasted since november and I still have very minimal chipping.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #38
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i might just have to borrow my gfs blow drier for this then. what type of clear did u use.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #39
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01kingtaco View Post
i might just have to borrow my gfs blow drier for this then. what type of clear did u use.
My main paint was VHT "graphite" and VHT also makes a performance wheel clear coat that has also worked well
Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #40
FramerKat will become famous soon enough

Name: kAt
FramerKat's Tacoma Gallery
Your wheels are one of the first I saw in that color...and made me think I'll do the same with mine. I picked up the Duplicolor brand graphite color wheel spray paint at Advance Auto Parts along with the Duplicolor brand clear coat. Not sure if I'll need to sand or use self etching primer or not...my wheels seem to have no finish at all right now...thus my problem getting and keeping them clean. I'm not sure if you were the one who did it, but I saw someone use a set of cards to mask off the tire from the rim...good idea and I think I'll use an old set of playing cards to do the same