Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoSkeet's 03 DC

Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #101
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing new to update, just a little iphone pic
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #103
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Nothing new to update, just a little iphone pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FramerKat View Post
Thanks for the inspiration...I painted my rims the same color

hdr_00047_0-1-1 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #104
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks for the inspiration...I painted my rims the same color

hdr_00047_0-1-1 by Kathy / Analog Soul Photography, on Flickr
I saw that the other day! They turned out great!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #105
S.Moser is on a distinguished road
Name: Sheldon
S.Moser's Tacoma Gallery
Im loving the rack. I think you should sell it to me and start a new project what did you use as brackets for the rack and how do they attach? I want a rack like yours so I dont have to drill holes
Old 05-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #106
FramerKat will become famous soon enough

Name: kAt
FramerKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Moser View Post
Im loving the rack. I think you should sell it to me and start a new project what did you use as brackets for the rack and how do they attach? I want a rack like yours so I dont have to drill holes
Same here...maybe you should be a fabricator TacoSkeet
Old 05-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #107
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Moser View Post
Thanks! for the bracket, I kinda just welded something up using angle iron and flat stock and just made it work. It's kind of hard to explain, but think of a Yakima rack with the Q clips and how the door kind of clamps them into place..

Which brings me to my newest idea for the brackets. (a much cleaner way, IMO) So my new idea for the bracket would be to take the Yakima Q117 clips which mount snuggly without drilling and then welding the top half of the bracket to the clips. I haven't tested this theory out yet, but I will be ordering a set of Yakima clips soon to test it out. Ill keep you posted via my thread.

Quote:
Same here...maybe you should be a fabricator TacoSkeet
Thank you both. I know I have a few people interested in the racks. When I have some time off this summer and clean up the brackets a bit, I think I will build a mock-up rack. At that point, I can build a few racks in my spare time for y'all!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #108

Quote:
Thank you both. I know I have a few people interested in the racks. When I have some time off this summer and clean up the brackets a bit, I think I will build a mock-up rack. At that point, I can build a few racks in my spare time for y'all!
Okay, put me on that list!

I really love how low it sits...and do you think you have any wind noise or resistance on the highway with it? I'm reading that the big expedition type racks/baskets cause a lot of that and I think a rack like this full time and a basket for trips would be a perfect combination.

And also having a "continuation" from that rack to something on my cap would be optimal!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #109
'MERICA

Quote:
Okay, put me on that list!

I really love how low it sits...and do you think you have any wind noise or resistance on the highway with it? I'm reading that the big expedition type racks/baskets cause a lot of that and I think a rack like this full time and a basket for trips would be a perfect combination.

And also having a "continuation" from that rack to something on my cap would be optimal!
There is a good bit of wind noise, I mean nothing crazy but there is defintely some noise. I honestly only saw like a .5 mpg loss with the rack.

I'm sure we can work something out later down the road when I get a good mock up ready. It's gonna be a while though. I've got an internship this summer and won't have access to my usual tools
Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #110
'MERICA

Sadly, nothing new to update. Just washed her after driving to Illinois on Sunday.

I'm working as a Mechanical Engineering intern at BUNN in Springfield, IL this summer so I'm super busy, but after I get a couple of paychecks and some time. I've got a couple of ideas for summer mods

Illinois sunset and my truck after a much needed wash
Old 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #111
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME TO ILLINOIS!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #112
'MERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette6991 View Post
WELCOME TO ILLINOIS!!!
Haha thanks. What part of illinois are you from?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #113
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Lincoln, about half an hour north of Springfield.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #114
'MERICA

Got my retro stripes in from Sock! Love the way this looks!

Thanks Sock!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #115

Quote:
There is a good bit of wind noise, I mean nothing crazy but there is defintely some noise. I honestly only saw like a .5 mpg loss with the rack.

I'm sure we can work something out later down the road when I get a good mock up ready. It's gonna be a while though. I've got an internship this summer and won't have access to my usual tools
Do the wind deflectors do anything for the wind noise??? I always see them on racks and wonder. Would be cool to fabricate one and put a TRD sticker on it
Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #116
'MERICA

Quote:
Do the wind deflectors do anything for the wind noise??? I always see them on racks and wonder. Would be cool to fabricate one and put a TRD sticker on it
I've actually been thinking about that, but I don't have access to my welder right now so its all just going through my head. But I'm thinking for the front bar (facing the wind) on my rack, I may weld up a little metal fairing that would cut through the wind better than just a flat surface

Kind of like this
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #117
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #118

Quote:
I've actually been thinking about that, but I don't have access to my welder right now so its all just going through my head. But I'm thinking for the front bar (facing the wind) on my rack, I may weld up a little metal fairing that would cut through the wind better than just a flat surface

Kind of like this
Ooh..how about a solar panel wind deflector???

Old 05-23-2013, 04:09 AM   #119
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got my retro stripes in from Sock! Love the way this looks!

Thanks Sock!

added to my customer installs gallery.
looks good
Old 05-23-2013, 04:48 AM   #120
'MERICA

Quote:
Ooh..how about a solar panel wind deflector???

A little to high tech for me, KAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post

added to my customer installs gallery.
looks good
Thanks again, I've already gotten a few compliments on it