Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

How to get a higher lift?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Go Hard In The Trails!
RoyalThunder is on a distinguished road

RoyalThunder's Tacoma Gallery
How to get a higher lift?

im thinking just a solid 3 would be good (looking for the cheapest route to take) not an offroad junkie but i want to tear up some nice trails
Kinda want to stay away from body lifts ive heard they suck(really stiff ride)
I currently have 2.5 spacers front 1" block in rear

Also would 285/75R16 size tires make a difference i currently run 265/75R16

Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach/toytecs on 5100s should get u a solid 3"
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
You trying to get 3" on top of what you already have?

edit:

2wd or 4wd?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Go Hard In The Trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
You trying to get 3" on top of what you already have?

edit:

2wd or 4wd?

Nah probably replace what i hve
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Go Hard In The Trails!

2WD
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
williamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nice

Name: doug williams
williamsdouglas73's Tacoma Gallery
get the wheelers three leaf progressive aal and drop shackles in the rear paired with the eibach springs and billies 5100, will give you aprox 3 in the front and 3 in the back depending on the shackles. plus the ride will be alot better with the eibach's vs the spacer.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sweet. Just upgrade to 285s
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Go Hard In The Trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Eibach/toytecs on 5100s should get u a solid 3"
Would this fit perfect?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

And if so if i buy this at what shops can i get this installed
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
go either OME or bilstein 5100s and eibach springs on the front and as far as the back goes, i aals will really stiffen up ur ride. im not sure about the blocks. never dealt with them. but although it may be a little pricey, new OME springs for the rear isnt a bad way to go. eventually i wanna score me the toytec ultimate coilover kit. and some new rear springs. just running basic skyjacker 3" with aals right now. as far as the tires, if you dont want any rubbing, stick with what youve got. but if you wanna upgrade to a 285/75R16, you may want to look into what you need to trim first. you may be able to get out of the cab mount chop with spacers or rims with a smaller backspacing. still may have to do a little on the fenders though. imo its not worth it for the extra half inch of lift you get from them.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
I had 285s with 2.5 spacers and only rubbed at full lock on the frame.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #11
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
I had 285s with 2.5 spacers and only rubbed at full lock on the frame.
nothing on the fenders? i see a lot of people trimming down their fenders to fit. what rims were u running? wheel spacers?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #13

what he said ^ lol. thats exactly what i want down the road
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tram View Post
Not the cheapest route, but if you want to do it right...

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
I hope they do u guys better than 2nd gens.......Ive been in a 2nd gen that had em and they rode terrible.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
nothing on the fenders? i see a lot of people trimming down their fenders to fit. what rims were u running? wheel spacers?
I was running stock wheels and no wheel spacers. Only started rubbing on the plastic when I got the 12.50s
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
Go Hard In The Trails!

Do you guys recommend the 3" skyjacker lift
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Lift spindle is what I'd do. And for the back mutil AAL or full leaf pack.

You will significantly improve the ride up front (back to stock) and the ride in the back would be improved as well.

I believe Solo Motorsports makes spindles for your truck. Great company and their product is real high end. Been around for a long time too.

OOOOOP, not the cheapest route to take.... stick with what you got!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalThunder View Post
Do you guys recommend the 3" skyjacker lift
I have the very basic kit. Uses factory coils on new front shocks. Same concept of a spacer lift actually. Basically from the plate that the spring sits on down is longer than factory shocks. Then I got aals for the rear. Like I said, it'll stiffen up the ride some but it was pretty inexpensive. Got mine from autoanything. Don't forget to look up coupon codes too. Only pain in the dick was using a spring compressor to get the coils of old shocks and onto the new ones
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #19
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
I got over 3in with my 5100 and eibachs
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #20

always a good way to go!