Skip the nonsense, current pic:
Skyjacker 3" Full Suspension Lift
Skyjacker Shocks (Rear) KYB Gas Shocks (Front)
Eibach front springs w/Urethane spacers
33x10.5x16. Pro Comp X-Terrain Tires w/1.25" Spidertrax Anodized Spacers
Toytec Front Differential Drop
Westin Rollbar w/Rugged Ridge 15207 Off Road Lamps
Westin Side Nerf Bars
Go Rhino full front brush guard w/KC Daylighter HiLites
All Pro Differential Armor
All Pro welded on Transfer Case Armor
Westin Tail Light Guards
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Fabtech Bed-Mount Spare Tire carrier
Electric fans w/switch
Pinch weld mod
Trail Gear Rear Differential Creeper Breather
Transfer Case "scuba mod"
TRD leather shift knob + Blacked out center console
Kobalt bed-mounted diamond plate toolbox
Hi-Lift off road jack w/bed riser mounts
Curt Class 3 Hitch & D-Ring Shakle Receiver for Rear Recovery Point
Pro Net tailgate net (because the original gate fell off..)
Red LED Footwell Lighting
Kenwood DPX308U Double Din USB MP3/CD dash unit
Uniden CB + K40 Antenna, custom routed into dash (replacing the ashtray)
Rollbar mounted fire extinguisher
Ultragauge ODB-II Hardwired Scan tool/Info Center & Selectable Gauge Cluster
ExactFit black seat cover w/stiched in 12V seat heaters
Repairs & General Wrenching
Completely replaced rear differential
Yellowtop battery + anodized terminals, replaced power and ground leads
Replaced all head/tail lights with new OEMs
Replaced clutch pressure switch
Replaced emergency brake pressure switch
New alternator, belts and tensioner
New brake pads all around
Refurbished/repainted upper and lower control arms
Replaced HVAC controls so the heat wasn't stuck on...
Replaced exhaust from the intermediate pipe back w/black hi-temp OEM
Replaced catalytic converter + front and rear bank O2 sensors
Factory recall frame replacement
Undercoated the whole truck
I picked it just after Thanksgiving with 180k miles and a mangled rear differential, looking like this. It also stank to high heaven like cigarettes inside, so it was a frosty cold ride home.
The first thing I did, since it was falling off, was get rid of the tailgate. I've always liked these, but eventually plan to find a new gate for it. It certainly makes things easier to see backing up.
Then I put on some Nerf bars for the time being, until I find some sliders. Oh, I replaced the rear differential too, but it makes for boring pictures.
And a light bar, because I love the Back to the Future look.
And since I had a light bar, I added some lights. Rugged Ridge 15207s.
A few days later, I was out playing in the snow:
When this hilarious looking box showed up.
Along with all new lights, since the old ones looked like this. This was not only a neglected truck, but it was a beach truck, so pretty much every bolt on the thing is rusted to hell. I'm hell bent on bringing it back to life though, and with enough WD-40 and some elbow grease, I dare say I'm making progress.
Anyway, I had all that crap laying around my living room, so I figured I'd put it on.
While I was at it, since the stock stereo was a tape deck and nothing else (and I loaned out all of my Skid Row cassettes in high school), I put in something that I could hook my iPod up to, along with some footwell lights that are nowhere near as bright as they look in this picture. My daily driver is an e92 BMW, and it has stock footwell lights. Once you have them, and realize how handy they are at night when you drop stuff, you'll always want them.
Then it snowed some more and I threw some lights on the brush guard. Just some cheap Autozone jobs, since they'll be replaced with a winch in the spring anyway. They throw a decent amount of light, considering they were $40.
Then I went offroad a bit.
Anyhow, since I was already bolting every sub-$500 aftermarket thing onto this poor truck, I figured I'd add some taillight guards.
This was shortly after going offroad for the first time, and neither my buddy or I had CB radios. So with a little help from Mr. Dremel, I replaced the previous owner's beloved and well-used ashtray with this CB.
And a Proclip mount for my phone, which made the interior look a tad more modern, and prevents the phone from flying out of the cupholder in the woods.
Since I had the CB, I needed an antenna, so I put this Firestik on.
Then I did the most important "mod" to this truck that I could possibly do. I bought a power steamer, and with the help of my brother here:
And myself here:
Plus some elbow grease here:
We put about 3 hours into getting the bloody awful cigarette stench out of it. It worked brilliantly too, because it looks and (more importantly) smells like a brand new truck inside now.
A little while after that, I put in a 3" lift. KYB struts + springs in the front, Skyjacker shocks/shackles in the rear along with all the bump stops/bushings/etc, with a Toytec diff drop. As it turns out I got a little over 4" of lift out of it (which I assume is from replacing all my old worn springs and such) but I think it'll settle a bit.
Then I tossed a Fabtech spare holder in the bed. Holy shit was my spare filthy.
I wire wheeled and Rustoleum'd those tired looking UCAs too.
Then after searching around for ages for a good bed storage solution that'd fit my lightbar and kickers, I scored this trailer tongue box on clearance at Lowe's for $30. Fits perfectly too, score!
Tires next, 33x10.5 Pro Comp Xtreme ATs.
That's it for now. The next "mod" is to replace the O2 sensors and the exhaust from the cat back, and more un-fun stuff like brake pads and valve cover gaskets. It's getting there though, not bad for almost 200k miles - especially considering the previous owner took abysmal care of it.