Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TomTom's '03 TRD Xtra Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #201
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Got the CB powered up. Drove around town for a little bit and found some signal. It is receiving but no idea if getting optimal signal off the antenna.

And got a new sticker in the mail. I'm tempting fate but to hell with it. Going to get a good response out of the coworkers that never take their Heeps off-road:

Old 04-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #202
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
CB works. Get about 2 miles of range. The mount has been off-road tested. Might need to put down a clear sticker to protect the bed side but otherwise works great.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #203

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
2 big projects coming up in May:
1. Re-do the electrical to add lights, stereo amp and a compressor.
2. Re-gear and front locker.

Kind of sad because the list is really short after that. Maybe a winch and some new seats. Good thing is more time to hit the trails.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #204

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I be shopping!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #205

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
The wait begins.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #206

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an invoice in my email from East Coast Gear Supply.

Tracking number isn't active yet so no clue when delivery will take place.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #207
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #208

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell3030 View Post
What's coming? Locker and gears?
Maaaaayyyyy-beeeeeee.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #209

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I got these little guys to try:
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #210

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Installed.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #211

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Some packages are currently in Henderson, CO. Should be here tomorrow!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #212
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I got these little guys to try:
Good idea. Where did you get these?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #213

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Sierra Expeditions:

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=200

I paid almost as much in shipping as the cost of the caps themselves. Probably should have ordered more to see if local TWers were interested in buying them off of me but I wanted to check them out first.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #214

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Crap. Now some of the guys at work have me thinking of going back to the BFG MT KM2s but in a 285/75r16...
Old 05-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #215

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Mum sent me her old DSLR so hoping to get a nice photoshoot done once I get the truck washed and detailed. Going to make it easier to document future installs.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #216

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
This is bad. I blew my budget on the regear/locker and I'm sitting in front of my computer on a Friday night checking out winches.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #217
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait.
Hell I've got two winches, one in my front bumper and one on a cradle for the rear hitch
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #218

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Just wait.
Hell I've got two winches, one in my front bumper and one on a cradle for the rear hitch
I really need to put the computer down and walk away. I just spent ~$2k for new 3rds and thoughts of going solid axle in the front to keep the nose level with a winch and full skids installed are running through my mind.

I blame Silas.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #219
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I really need to put the computer down and walk away. I just spent ~$2k for new 3rds and thoughts of going solid axle in the front to keep the nose level with a winch and full skids installed are running through my mind.

I blame Silas.
You don't need full skids with a solid axle. Just testing out my truck in the crap I have, I've drug my front diff and belly pan and they're just peachy. I need bigger tires
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #220

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Haha! Wasn't even thinking that the solid axle would remove the necessity for skids. It appears I'm in a Catch 22.

Products Discussed in this Thread