Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TomTom's '03 TRD Xtra Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #361
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
That's SGT Taco for ya. Puts all my OCD fears to rest.

Really thrilled how this turned out. I'm looking forward to finishing out the light wiring then running everything to the dashboard.

Kind of getting a little skeered that I'm running out of things to do.
very true!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #362
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
After talking with Silas, I think we tested out the locker and didn't realize the results were telling us that the front diff was locked. So, looks like everything is a "GO" to finish out the lights and wire up the switches.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #363
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Got another picture of the new fuse box showing where it is in the engine bay:

Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #364
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to bring your skid plate with you next time and I'll cut that extra off for you.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #365

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Was thinking about that last night. Also, did I leave the big relay there? It isn't in my stuff and checked the engine compartment with no luck.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #366

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
The TomTom paint booth is now open:

Primered the steering rack crossmember for my budbuilt skidplate today.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #367

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Finally finished painting the skidplate crossmember:

I'll be mounting it to the steering rack this weekend. Hoping to have the skidplate cut down and mounted the following weekend.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #368
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, man!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #369
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
Subbed.

Quote:
Kind of getting a little skeered that I'm running out of things to do.
TRD supercharger... just sayin.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #370

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I have thought repeatedly about the S/C. Probably should have jumped on Ripcord's when I had the chance but the longevity of the motor keeps nagging at me. Nothing new out there compares to my 1st Gen except maybe an Ikon. Hoping to get atleast another decade out of my litte Tacoma.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #371
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
I've got 200K on my motor, 170K supercharged, 110K of that without fuel mods (previous owner). 5vzs are very stout.

What made you choose icon UCAs?
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #372

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
I've got 200K on my motor, 170K supercharged, 110K of that without fuel mods (previous owner). 5vzs are very stout.

What made you choose icon UCAs?
You are not helping my bank account.

I went with aftermarket UCAs because of the ball joints forcing the spindles into the coils. I chose Icons because I'll eventually go to a full up Icon setup somewhere here down the road. Already running into weight issues on the OME 882s due to the Elite front bumper. Still planning to add Budbuilts and a winch.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #373
Eibachs have a stiffer spring rate than the 882s right? Maybe they would be the route + billie 5100s to give you some adjustability.

Those Icons look great. Damn, I want to run an Elite bumper (though maybe their aluminum option), winch and upgraded skids down the road, makes me wonder about my spring rate plans. Was going to use 881s and my billie 5100's perches to adjust as necessary to maintain ride height...
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #374

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot to type it up, the other reason for going Icons was the extended travel. It'd be nice to take advantage of keeping all 4 wheels on the ground when crawling.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #375
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Can go wrong with icons.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #376

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
hellz yeah!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #377
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I forgot to type it up, the other reason for going Icons was the extended travel. It'd be nice to take advantage of keeping all 4 wheels on the ground when crawling.
LT or SAS
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #378

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
LT or SAS
eventually. Gotta get my money's worth out of the locker and regear.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #379
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha. I want to link my truck eventually... Not sure if I want coil overs or ORIs like JLee.

When my truck sleeps, it dreams of
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #380

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Noice! I'm looking to go a little bigger but not quite that. 35s would be nice with maybe a 4" lift. Thinking a complete TG SAS kit. Going to take what I can get out of a true MT setup until then.

Products Discussed in this Thread