Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TomTom's '03 TRD Xtra Cab

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #41
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Sold off my old KM2s. Took the money, went a little wild and bought some tools to install the spare tire holder:

Bought some sheet metal to practice on, make sure I get the holes started right.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #42
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
How much did you sell your KM2's for?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #43
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
An obscenely low amount to a fellow TWer who helped me with my bumper install.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #44
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I see. Well that's awesome! Worked out for both involved I reckon.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #45

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I still have some mad money left over.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #47

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I'll snap some today.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #49

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go:

Not a direct profile shot. Angled it a bit so you could see the lip at the tailgate.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #50
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Here you go:

Not a direct profile shot. Angled it a bit so you could see the lip at the tailgate.
Nice, thank you for the picture. How do you like it so far? If you had to order it again, would you go the same route or go for the whole wrap around option?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #51

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
If I off-roaded more often and got into it more for conquering obstacles, yes. Mostly, I get out on the trails to enjoy the outdoors. I've been attempting to strike a balance between capable and driveable.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #52
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An obscenely low amount to a fellow TWer who helped me with my bumper install.

i still owe you some hours of work by the way. thanks again for a great deal!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #53

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm, I'll let you know when I'm going to be out in the garage wrenching. Somewhere in here, I need to get the spare mounted and maybe the top plate spacers put in.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #54
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #55
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmmm, I'll let you know when I'm going to be out in the garage wrenching. Somewhere in here, I need to get the spare mounted and maybe the top plate spacers put in.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #56

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Worked on the spare tire mount today. I've never worked with metal much before so I picked up some sheet metal to practice on. Ran into problems trying to freehand drill it. Since this will end in drilling a hole in the bed, no use getting a press. Got some advice to sandwich it between plywood:

Worked pretty well but I think I found some of the problem. The pilot bit on hole saw is not centered right. Not sure what happened to it. Tried reseting the bit but couldn't find the sweet spot. Here's a picture with the mount base bolted to the sheet metal:

But I need to figure out how to get the holes to line up better:

Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #57
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW... all of the pilot bits on my hole saws are slightly not centered. Never really bothered me though. Getting a 1/8" bigger hole saw might work if you aren't able to get this one centered....

Sorry for the lack of actual help in my advice. lol
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #58

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, that helps. If they typically run off center, I can figure out how much to offset the pilot hole.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #59

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
It has been quiet because I've been waiting for some nutz to arrive:

So now I need to make the left look more like the right:

Then I'll finally get around to mounting the spare holder in the bed. In the meantime, I'll probably put up some pictures of the interior. Not much done except the headunit. What a headunit it is.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #60

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I went shopping today:

Products Discussed in this Thread