Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

IronCladTRD's Chuckwagon build

Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Just read you build page, awesome truck man! Good job, great pics.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Accident update: Should be getting the replacement window put in this week sometime. Primed and painted the spots where the paint was scratched off so it doesn't rust. It was dark when I finished, but you ALMOST can't tell it happened. Except for all the dents of course.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #23
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Leaving for AZ tomorrow. Expect some awesome pics in a couple weeks, this is gonna be my first wheeling trip outta state. So far on the agenda is Broken Arrow trail, Soldier's Pass, Schnebly Hill, Squaw Peak, and possibly Diamondback Gulch.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Consistently Irregular
Wheeling pics are here!

Dead Cow Gulch

Schnebly Hill:

My personal favorite picture from the whole trip

Broken Arrow Trail

The infamous stairs of Broken Arrow trail. Made it down no problems, more than I can say for the Grand Cherokee behind me.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
That is some beautiful scenery you got to see!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #26
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
that tree really did do a number on ya haha
Old 04-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
that tree really did do a number on ya haha
Yeah man, that was an expensive day! If it hadn't been for that I would have had new skidplates by now
Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #28
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Some really great scenery! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #29
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GIFYYUxMg

check out this video. i felt bad after seeing your hard earned truck all messed up from that scraping.

there's hope for your truck. :P
Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #30
Consistently Irregular
Thanks for the consideration! The advertisement at the beginning was for state farm, had to do a doubletake to make sure that wasn't what you were talking about The location of the scratch makes this a little harder to do. I'm definitely not a painter (Never had the patience). I touched it up so it wouldn't rust, but I think I'm just gonna have to leave it for the time being. Until I get the funds to have it done professionally. Or I may just leave it. I'm kinda used to it now, we'll see.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #31
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man nice build. How are you liking the 33's with the 5 speed and 4.10? And the weight of a front bumper + sliders + hi rise topper?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #32
Consistently Irregular
Well the hills are tough on it, but it handles okay. I just downshift and it does fine. Gas mileage sucks in the hills, but I get around 16 otherwise. Next mod is hopefully a rear bumper! That's really gonna be hard on the mpg's
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #33
Consistently Irregular
Alright, haven't been on site lately, but I figured I'd post up some pictures of my wheelin trip to Star Lakes last Monday. 7 of us piled in to get up there. The 3 in the back were a little saddle sore the next day. Not many pictures of actually driving up there (we went up there at 11:00 at night and got there at 2). On the way back I drove over a fallen tree about half a mile away from the lakes and the front leaf spring tab bent and the bolt came out. Couldn't find the nut, but used the hi-lift to jack it up and we were fortunate that we were able to line up the shackle and leaf spring and stick the bolt in there. The bent tab binded the bolt in there and we were able to make it back to the trailhead and farther. Nothing short of a miracle!
Trail was really narrow with manzanita growing close to either side, and some strategically placed trees on the hairpin turns make it a little tough at times.
The view at the top was spectacular. In my opinion it rivaled the view from Glacier Point. You could see the lights of Fresno on the other side of the ridge.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #34
Consistently Irregular
Well my Smittybilt XRC8 has been out of order since my spring trip. Solenoid AND motor were bad this time. I finally had the time to redo it yet again (hoping for a lucky 3rd try on solenoids).
Sick and tired of the winch never working when I need it, I outdid myself this time. I picked up a 4x4x4" marine rated junction box to mount the solenoid inside of, extended all the leads from the winch, and mounted the entire unit under the hood instead of inside the bumper unprotected.
For the record, I'm really unimpressed with this winch, and would NOT recommend it to anyone.
Smittybilt has decent customer service, I'll give them that. I was fishing for them to send me an entirely new winch (maybe even the new "waterproof" X2O) but that ship didn't sail. Telling them that you and your passenger's lives were jeapordized by the product's failure doesn't faze them at all.
I'm soon moving to a wetter, rainier state, so I've got my fingers crossed that it will actually work this time. Unfortunately, the amount of money I've spent repairing this winch would have been plenty to buy a good quality Warn.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #35
Consistently Irregular
Got the winch IN and picked up a pair of 6" LED's from the local farm supply store. Wired those puppies up, and was really impressed with the results. They are pretty dang bright!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
TYBG
Cryin Ryan is on a distinguished road

Cryin Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed Sick truck!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #38
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Great looking truck man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryin Ryan View Post
Subbed Sick truck!!
Hey thanks fellas! Stay posted, hoping to go wheeling up in the Blue Mountains in Washington State here soon.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #39
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
I picked up a 4x4x4" marine rated junction box to mount the solenoid inside of, extended all the leads from the winch, and mounted the entire unit under the hood instead of inside the bumper unprotected.
If the silicone fails, there are wet location box connectors made for use with that wet location box.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
Consistently Irregular
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
If the silicone fails, there are wet location box connectors made for use with that wet location box.

More info please! This has got me interested. I just globbed as much silicone on there as I could, hoping it holds! Even if it doesn't, it's now under the hood, which should help keep it away from moisture. Before when it was inside the bumper it got doused every time I washed the truck.