Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Squeaky Penguin's (not much of a) Build Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #41
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I bet that bumper is gonna look a whole lot better than the one you got now. I loved going to CO, took a trip to my grandmas place in divide, gorgeous surroundings out there
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #42
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
You mean the nice, dented, crooked one I have now??
Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #43
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
Sick bumper Brett! Curious to hear how it feels with the 881s. Good work man, keep it up
Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #44
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm gonna do some beofre and after front height measurements. I'm a little worried about the front sagging too much.

I'm not overly keen on top plate spacers, so Eibachs and shackles may be in my future...
Old 09-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #45
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
I'm gonna do some beofre and after front height measurements. I'm a little worried about the front sagging too much.

I'm not overly keen on top plate spacers, so Eibachs and shackles may be in my future...
Eibachs FTW! Love em
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #46
"young Brett"

I think I just blew my mod budget for awhile. If I lift more I'll want bigger tires, and I don't see that happening anytime soon....
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #47
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I think I just blew my mod budget for awhile. If I lift more I'll want bigger tires, and I don't see that happening anytime soon....
Yeah that just took a HUUUUUGE hit on my pocketbook... granted I got wheels with em, still..
Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #48
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got a couple shipments today:

All-Pro Apex bumper and both skids:

OK LEDs 6 Light 3x3s with amber lens for fogs:

Can't wait to get all this installed!
hell yea man!
Old 09-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #49
"young Brett"

Yeah, out with the "old guy running into a shopping cart" bumper. I'm pretty excited to get this thing installed.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #50
"young Brett"

Couple cans of primer down:

Also, used a few of these Deans plugs I had laying around from another hobby. Want to make it as easy a possible to remove the bumper if I have to (i.e. installing a winch.....)

And a crappy pic of my new switch setup. With a little work I was able to get the lower lights to turn on with the dash lights and dim properly:

Old 09-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #51

Quote:
And a crappy pic of my new switch setup. With a little work I was able to get the lower lights to turn on with the dash lights and dim properly:

Which wire did you tap into for the lower light positive only when your dash lights are on?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #52
"young Brett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Which wire did you tap into for the lower light positive only when your dash lights are on?

In order to get it to work, I pulled both the positive and ground straight from the dimmer. It would not work with a common ground between the switch. I would have to take apart my dash again to tell you exactly which wires they were, but there are 3 wires comming from the back of the dimmer, and a combination of two of them made it work.

I do guess and check wiring....
Old 09-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #53
"young Brett"

A couple pics I took tonight. I'll try to get some actual pics of the bumper tomorrow.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #54
"young Brett"

A quick front shot. I promise I'll get some better ones. Also, I took before hub to fender measurements, I'll get some after measurements when I get the skids on.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #55
BlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud ofBlackSportD has much to be proud of
Navy: EM1 Coastal Warfare
BlackSportD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BlackSportD
Uhh, what do you have my bumper? That is my bumper? Why did they ship it to you? Yeah, hint hint, I like your bumper haha.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #56
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
much better

dig the amber LEDs too!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #58
"young Brett"

Got the skid plates installed this morning. Can't wait to test them out!

Gotta say I'm impressed with the 881's. To be as fair as possible, the before measurments were taken with a full tank of gas, and the after with about a third. I don't know how much this affects the front, but who knows....

Before Hub to Fender:
Driver: 22 5/8"
Passanger: 22 3/4"

After:
Driver: 22 1/2"
Passanger: 22 5/8"
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #59
"young Brett"

So I work next to a communications place, and today I traded a 12 pack for this:

Really wouldn't have got one otherwise, but I think I'll have some fun with it.

Edit: The guy said it was $150 Dynamax PA speaker, I didn't believe him till I just looked it up.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #60
"young Brett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
much better

dig the amber LEDs too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
I like the bumper! Nice build.

Thanks guys

I'm getting there.... might even have to change the title of this thread soon....