LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Zam15's Adventure Rally Build

Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet freaking build!!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #22
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
We met at the Desert Rendezvous. Very cool truck indeed! I have been thinking about going back to a camper shell after seeing yours.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build, I really dig the Jurassic Park stickers on the side.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Saw you at Cruise and Grand last night!

Tried to see if I could catch you and meet you before you left, but I missed ya.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
Zam15 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
Saw you at Cruise and Grand last night!

Tried to see if I could catch you and meet you before you left, but I missed ya.
Grand is fun, not that into old cars but I wish I could keep my truck as clean as some of them. But that would be a full time job haha.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #26

Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
I'm crazy but what do you guys think of this sus setup? I need the bed space and I need to be able to carry a decent load and maintain good ground clearance. The LT up front is awesome so now I just need the rear to match... O_o

My concept before the accident, still going this route but maybe just without the exo cage...
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #27
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, great expedition rig. Just ordered a rtt. Trying to build a expedition/wheelin rig. Your truck has so many good ideas!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam15 View Post
I'm crazy but what do you guys think of this sus setup? I need the bed space and I need to be able to carry a decent load and maintain good ground clearance. The LT up front is awesome so now I just need the rear to match... O_o
I'm no export but I think your basic design here would work. However your third link in that design should probably change some. Take a look at how JLee is setting his up. Basically just use the traingulated part of the third link, not the one running in line with the driveshaft. Then add a panhard bar as the 4th link to help keep the axle located.

You're still going to lose a fair amount of bed space by the time you chop holes for those coilovers and build a bedcage to support them but it will work.

Take a look at the sheet metal work the SDHQ is doing in the back end of the long travel FJ they've been building. They did a super clean job of enclosing the coilovers so that the bed was still weatherproof inside.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150171
Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #29

Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I'm no export but I think your basic design here would work. However your third link in that design should probably change some. Take a look at how JLee is setting his up. Basically just use the traingulated part of the third link, not the one running in line with the driveshaft. Then add a panhard bar as the 4th link to help keep the axle located.

You're still going to lose a fair amount of bed space by the time you chop holes for those coilovers and build a bedcage to support them but it will work.

Take a look at the sheet metal work the SDHQ is doing in the back end of the long travel FJ they've been building. They did a super clean job of enclosing the coilovers so that the bed was still weatherproof inside.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150171
Thanks! I was looking everywhere to see if anyone had done anything like this and the closest I could find was JLee's, although the lower links would be trailing arms in my case. I would mount the coilovers outside the frame and through the wheel well, I have seen several people do this with little impact on bed space, although mine would need a little more bracing but I am trying to avoid a huge ugly bed cage that would destroy the whole purpose of having a truck vs. a toy.

That also is some great sheet metal work, and man that thing is clean. I am trying to do an all purpose rig and I might fail but someone has to try haha
Old 05-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Even having the coilovers go up through the wheel wells outside the frame you are going to have a ton of leverage if the towers are as tall as you have them in your drawing. You're going to need to at least tie the tops of the towers together or something to give the necessary support. Similar to how a lot of people tie the front shock towers together.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #31

Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Even having the coilovers go up through the wheel wells outside the frame you are going to have a ton of leverage if the towers are as tall as you have them in your drawing. You're going to need to at least tie the tops of the towers together or something to give the necessary support. Similar to how a lot of people tie the front shock towers together.
I would tie them together, but at a height so I can squeeze my action packers underneath. I would like to have square tubing so it would also act as a step/seat/shelf inside the flip-pac

Been looking at setups like the Giant 64" Kit and the Giant Daily Driver Link Kit depending on what works with the weight better..

Looks like if I can setup something similar to their link kit I'll be able to keep the stock gas tank (main concern), no frame modification, keep the bed and reduce the sway.

Edit: Will need to figure out how to not have the shocks interfere with the gas tank fill line…