Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tonto27's Go Anywhere Build

Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #21
We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Nice work Joe! Did it take long to make those cuts with that hand grinder? We NEED to get up and do a mod test session soon.
Yeah. The hand grinder was a bit of a pain. But I took my time to get everything straight. testing is always required
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #22
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I bought a cheap chop saw so if you need a bunch of small straight cuts I can help ya out. Probably wont help with skids though
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #23
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Not so much on skids. Thanks though. All I really have left is score and bending
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #24

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
man in brown just dropped off some goodies

it's like christmas!....... snowing and everything.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #25
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lucky bastard! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see it on your truck. If you need help painting it I can probably help next week
Old 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #26

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Lucky bastard! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see it on your truck. If you need help painting it I can probably help next week
say's the lucky bastard who just put in an arb locker! i'm jelly, not gonna lie.

i might take you up on that though. i'll be reinforcing the hitch before it goes on the truck or gets any paint. if i'm lucky i'll have the skids done at the same time so i can paint them too.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
say's the lucky bastard who just put in an arb locker! i'm jelly, not gonna lie.

i might take you up on that though. i'll be reinforcing the hitch before it goes on the truck or gets any paint. if i'm lucky i'll have the skids done at the same time so i can paint them too.
well I have one more pic to post up here in like an hour, then I will be back to daydreaming. Not too much left to do though, other than wheel the piss out of her.
cool just let me know about the mod day. I need to get some work done on my sliders. Next week will be busy with truck stuff
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #28

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
homemade IFS skid......check

the rest of the skids are in the works. starting on my bed rack next though.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #29

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
got my rear frame plates finished and burned in. nothing fancy but i didn't pay $80 for them either
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #30

Quote:
got my rear frame plates finished and burned in. nothing fancy but i didn't pay $80 for them either
Looks great man! I need your resourcefulness to rub off on me to save me money. I keep paying other people to do mods for me. I have done a fair amount but not enough. At least I will have done my sliders.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #31

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Looks great man! I need your resourcefulness to rub off on me to save me money. I keep paying other people to do mods for me. I have done a fair amount but not enough. At least I will have done my sliders.
where there is a will, there is a way my friend. your sliders are going to be sick. i paid someone to do my sliders so you've got that on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell3030 View Post
Your truck is looking really good! I see you're in Fort Collins, I'm just a little south in Firestone. I'm about to put on the same OME lift as you this weekend. We should meet up and go wheelin sometime this summer. Your Middle St. Vrain vid is sick! Coney Flats is one of my favorite trails! Good work on the skid! The shark paint scheme is rad!
thanks man. hell yeah man, noco wheeling/ meet-n-greets need to happen more often. well, your not in noco exactly but you get the idea. loving my lift man, you will be really happy with OME.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #32

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell3030 View Post
Sounds good! Now, we may never get into the mountains if this snow doesn't stop soon! I'll shoot you a message in a couple months for some wheelin. Can't wait to get my lift on this Saturday! Those parts been in my basement for 2 weeks now!
no kidding. i would be going crazy with parts just sitting around
Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #33

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Went topless today and picked up a bunch of steel to start a project
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #34

Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #35

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You drool on it, you better clean it off.

Waiting on a guy to get back to me. Hopefully have it bent today. And in the meantime I'm slicing and dicing for Trans and belly skids
Old 05-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #36

Quote:
You drool on it, you better clean it off.

Waiting on a guy to get back to me. Hopefully have it bent today. And in the meantime I'm slicing and dicing for Trans and belly skids
Drool, rain, it all rusts the same. I haven't been able to paint my sliders and came out from work to find orange spots everywhere! now I have to grind AND paint
Old 05-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #37
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Drool, rain, it all rusts the same. I haven't been able to paint my sliders and came out from work to find orange spots everywhere! now I have to grind AND paint
No need to grind I dont think. You can just scratch it off with some steel wool. Its just surface rust.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
No need to grind I dont think. You can just scratch it off with some steel wool. Its just surface rust.
True data but the grinder will be really fast
Old 05-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #39
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, I wish I could wheel in the mountains... damn Kansas.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #40

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I painted mine and they still have surface rust in spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
This. And prime the shit out of them..... Then good to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Nice truck, I wish I could wheel in the mountains... damn Kansas.
Thanks. You can always come this way to wheel..... Its not THAT far