Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tonto27's Go Anywhere Build

Old 05-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #41
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
Thanks. You can always come this way to wheel..... Its not THAT far
I used to be up in Colorado about 6 times a year because we had some friends to stay with and never got the chance to wheel in my truck . I was bagging on my dad on how his ram wouldn't make it on the trails up there ( its stock ) and he went for it and lets just say he had to replace his bed
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #42
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
got my rear frame plates finished and burned in. nothing fancy but i didn't pay $80 for them either
Joey, i would extend the front of that support down the frame if u get a chance. the whole point in those is to support that bend in the frame, thats where the frame will bend..... yours right now just kinda made the frame twice as thick
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #43
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
I used to be up in Colorado about 6 times a year because we had some friends to stay with and never got the chance to wheel in my truck . I was bagging on my dad on how his ram wouldn't make it on the trails up there ( its stock ) and he went for it and lets just say he had to replace his bed
Do you remember Which trail?
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #44
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Do you remember Which trail?
No I have no clue, we were up there camping on a small mountain not far from the academy and there was a little trail up there we went on, ill see if my dad remembers the mountain we stayed on, i think its herman
Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #45
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
Joey, i would extend the front of that support down the frame if u get a chance. the whole point in those is to support that bend in the frame, thats where the frame will bend..... yours right now just kinda made the frame twice as thick
It is. It just looks funny in the picture. Goes all the way to the bed mount
Old 05-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
finished up the trans/belly skids today just need paint

installed the cb a couple days ago too

Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #47
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
finished up the trans/belly skids today just need paint

installed the cb a couple days ago too

Those look greAt man! I am always impressed when I read this thread. Going to sevenmile on sat if you wanna go. I'm pretty sure you work though.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #48
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those look greAt man! Going to sevenmile on sat if you wanna go. I'm pretty sure you work though.
thanks. i have sat off but i still have a boatload of shit to get done for moab. might be able to swing it though. i need to do a test run once i get the new shocks and what not installed. i've been concentrating on the skids/bed rack so i haven't had time to install them
Old 05-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #49

Quote:
thanks. i have sat off but i still have a boatload of shit to get done for moab. might be able to swing it though. i need to do a test run once i get the new shocks and what not installed. i've been concentrating on the skids/bed rack so i haven't had time to install them
I have lots to do too. Probably need to bring some of my projects up to the cabin and get them done this weekend.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #50
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell3030 View Post
Man! Those skids are nice! Good work! Did you fab up that CB antenna mount yourself? I think I'm going to install my antenna in the same spot on my bumper. I'd buy one of those from you if you'd make me one. I have no metal fabrication skills at all.
thanks man. these were a piece of cake compared to the ifs skid

the cb mount is just a piece of scrap i had that i cut and ground into a tirangle-ish, and welded to the bumper. no fab skill required. just make sure its level.

not sure how far you are but i have a bunch of scrap pieces you can have if you need it.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #51
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have lots to do too. Probably need to bring some of my projects up to the cabin and get them done this weekend.
what do you still have to do?
Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #52

Quote:
what do you still have to do?
Brake pads, bushings on ucas, determine packing setup (secure water and fuel jugs, ammo can, install quick fists, wire up winch, build winch plate, change oil.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #53
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Brake pads, bushings on ucas, determine packing setup (secure water and fuel jugs, ammo can, install quick fists, wire up winch, build winch plate, change oil.
oy.
you've got some work ahead of you. wiring the winch is going to take a lot of that time. i did all my fluids last week. not too bad, but it takes a little time. i've got quick fists that are going on the bed rack
Old 05-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #54
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
got some work done on the truck today

5125's installed thanks to some grease and a BFH
energy suspension bump stops
greaseable bolts for the shackles

Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenChileTaco View Post
Those bump stops are nice! Did you have to drill a hole to attach them in that spot?
yeah, just a 3/8ths i think though.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
trail gear rear bumper is on!.......finally

still need to wire the license light but ill do that tomorrow
Old 05-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #57

Wow Joe, your truck is looking super tough! That rear goes well with the rest of your mods. I wish I had that much clearance in the rear. Can't wait for Moab. I hope we end up running a few together, but I haven't seen our names on any common lists yet
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #58
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow Joe, your truck is looking super tough! That rear goes well with the rest of your mods. I wish I had that much clearance in the rear. Can't wait for Moab. I hope we end up running a few together, but I haven't seen our names on any common lists yet
thanks man. slice and dice and you can have that clearance!
my name never got put on any of the lists

oh well. i'm doing kane creek on friday. pretty sure you're on that one
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #59

Quote:
my name never got put on any of the lists

oh well. i'm doing kane creek on friday. pretty sure you're on that one
Woo hoo! I am! Fins or behind the rocks sat morning then some night run.TOTW and dome plateau Sunday.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #60
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Woo hoo! I am! Fins or behind the rocks sat morning then some night run.TOTW and dome plateau Sunday.
i'm in on TOTW sunday and trying for moab rim saturday

t-minus 5 days
i still have shit to build!