Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Tonto27's Go Anywhere Build

Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Tonto27's Go Anywhere Build

As of Sep 2014

2004 double cab 4x4

Engine
stock 3.4 V6
auto trans

Suspension
OME 882 coils & nitrocharger sport shocks
11" bilstein 5125's rear shocks
5mm trim packer
OME dakar leaf pack + OME AAL
toytec 1" shackle (retrofitted with greaseable bolts)
energy suspension rear bumps
extended rear brake line
diff drop

Wheels/tires
2nd gen trd 16" wheels painted black
285/75/16 treadwright guard dogs
spidertrax wheel spacers

Armor
Addicted offroad front bumper
TG sliders
TG rear bumper
homemade IFS skid
homemade trans/belly skids

Other Stuff
Safari Snorkel
5.29's
CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT
55" CVT awning
homemade bed rack
superwinch tigershark 9500
midland cb with 4' K40
deleted sway bar
blacked out grill
derped badges
derped hood blackout
derped rocker panels (test run before bedliner)
smittybilt air compressor

Future Mods/Coming Soon
dual swing outs
AUX fuse block
Lights

Fun
oops!

first lift- the infamous spacers

wheeling with travis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peWtF...layer_embedded
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. The video was sweet!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Nice truck man. The video was sweet!
thanks. ice breaking is always fun
Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really should have gone first over that ice. I'm sure it was fun breaking through, but my truck is a lot heavier and would have probably been happier about it. Anyway, both of our trucks are a lot better equipped to go up next time. We need to make it happen! Oh and do you have shop space where I could paint my skids?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #5

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Next time it's all you man.

No garage space at your house to do it? You're welcome to use my garage or the shop space to do it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
Next time it's all you man.

No garage space at your house to do it? You're welcome to use my garage or the shop space to do it.
Our garage is full of truck parts, motorcycles, stuff waiting to be hauled up to the cabin we bought, basically shit that isn't worth moving out onto the driveway for the hour or two that would be spent painting. Selfish I know, but I want to get these painted cuz right now they are part of the "shit" that is cloggin up my garage.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #7

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I hear ya. Well my garage is open to use for the most part. I'll just kick my sister out of her parking spot

While you paint, i can try to wire in my lights
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
Haha I hear ya. Well my garage is open to use for the most part. I'll just kick my sister out of her parking spot

While you paint, i can try to wire in my lights
Sounds like a plan. Do you ever have weekends off?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #9

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Saturdays off right now but I'm usually done at work by 4 or 5 so evenings are usually free too.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
mindEASE is on a distinguished road
mindEASE's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Not a fan of red but it looks pretty rad. Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #11

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindEASE View Post
Looks good. Not a fan of red but it looks pretty rad. Enjoy.
Thanks. The red isn't actually as neon as it looks in the pics.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #12

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
had some work done on the truck today

timing belt
H2O pump
thermostat
etc....

also finally picked up a cb too
Old 02-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #13

what did that cb setup run you? Who is putting it in and tuning it? Is it both a handheld and vehicle compatible?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #14

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
what did that cb setup run you? Who is putting it in and tuning it? Is it both a handheld and vehicle compatible?
$200 its a little more spendy but being portable (albeit short range) will come in handy with spotting others. jace recommended a place to check them out in denver and said bob was using it and was happy.

i'm sure you could find it cheaper online but oh well. the guy i talked to was pretty helpful so ill support that.

i'm going to put it in myself (no power wires as it plugs into the cigarette lighter). hopefully someone local has a SWR meter to tune it. should be pretty straight forward. also has 2 battery packs for portability. one is rechargeable too.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #15

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
UPS showed up a couple days early.
one more thing checked off the never ending list.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #17

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
alright, this build is in need of an update

got to take out the new air compressor and go wheeling a couple weeks ago. first impressions of it is fantastic! 20-37psi with a 285 took a little over a minute

aaaaannnnd.....pretty pictures

trail side surgery....because i've been too lazy to trim yet

picked up some 6" 55W HID's from a local guy. bright enough to signal aliens!

started building the front skid today. work kinda screwed me so i didn't get much progress but i did get it cut out and marked and double checked measurements. slow going......but it's going.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #19

Nice work Joe! Did it take long to make those cuts with that hand grinder? We NEED to get up and do a mod test session soon.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Jakes09taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Jakes09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Sweet video!