Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My 02 SR5 4WD Build - "T. Belle"

Old 05-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #61
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
All-Pro kickouts

Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #62
pathyxd9 is on a distinguished road
Army: Wheeled Vehicle Mech. 91B
Name: Robert
pathyxd9's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Deez, its Robert, Taco is coming along great man, I remembered you say something about one, but didnt think you were gonna go this route with it, shoot before long you'll need to get another daily driver for this one, lol
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #63
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyxd9 View Post
Hey Deez, its Robert, Taco is coming along great man, I remembered you say something about one, but didnt think you were gonna go this route with it, shoot before long you'll need to get another daily driver for this one, lol
Yo Robert, I didn't know you were on this forum too. Thanks!

Haha as long as the Taco still gets better mileage, I'm happy.

Currently:

18.5 MPG (Taco)
14.8 MPG (FJ)
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #64

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Ridge Overland MOLLE Sea Panel

5/05/13

One more mod before Belle goes back to Demello tomorrow for a few more wks.

I have one of these in my FJ and they're great for organizing my flashlight, lug key, handheld CB, batteries, etc. The MOLLE pouches are from various manufacturers (5.11, Condor, Blackhawk, Paraclete).

Aluminum plates for the front bumper finally came in from the laser cutter. Fabrication should start this wk, hopefully.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #65
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I have something similar in my truck. They aren't Molle, but I got the Smittybuilt carryall seat covers. I looked at the Smittbuilt G.E.A.R. seat covers but they don't fit real well and I've seen several sets that have torn. II tried the cheaper carryalls and I've had them almost a year now and they're working great several pockets on the back of the seats. Definitely nice for all the little crap you want to have stashed inside the cab.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #66

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I have something similar in my truck. They aren't Molle, but I got the Smittybuilt carryall seat covers. I looked at the Smittbuilt G.E.A.R. seat covers but they don't fit real well and I've seen several sets that have torn. II tried the cheaper carryalls and I've had them almost a year now and they're working great several pockets on the back of the seats. Definitely nice for all the little crap you want to have stashed inside the cab.
I had considered those Smittybilt GEAR covers, until I read those same issues you just mentioned (over on the FJ forums). You'd think for that $, they'd be better quality.

Nice to know about the Katch-All; I had considered those too. But I eventually plan to swap out the seats, so I'm hoping this MOLLE panel is versatile enough to use on the new ones.

I agree, these things are mandatory for me now. I hate clutter...and I especially hate when I can't find something, drives me nuts.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #67

deez's Tacoma Gallery
D.O. Front Bumper

5/22/13

First worthwhile update in 2 wks...

Aluminum front bumper nearly done, just missing the Baja hoop (see Post #37).

Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #68
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seriously. No action for 2 weeks. You've been slacking. Bumper looks awesome. Always been a fan of the DO stuff.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #69
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
5/22/13

First worthwhile update in 2 wks...

Aluminum front bumper nearly done, just missing the Baja hoop (see Post #37).

Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #70

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seriously. No action for 2 weeks. You've been slacking. Bumper looks awesome. Always been a fan of the DO stuff.
Hahaha I know...shame on me

Thanks, Box Rocket! The slacking will end, once I have her home again...I've got a lot of work to do.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #71
SteveFaust is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SteveFaust's Tacoma Gallery
deez -- great looking truck! Thanks for sharing. I have a 1995.5 same cab just trying to get it back to road decent as it was my Mom's DD for 14 years and all she ever did was change the oil and brake pads...yes we started at the beginning with it and finally have just about all the all of the basics "most do's" done now starting to add the "want to's"
Sub'd for updates & ideas. Really like the DO stuff
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #72

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Free at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFaust View Post
dez -- great looking truck! Thanks for sharing. I have a 1995.5 same cab just trying to get it back to road decent as it was my Mom's DD for 14 years and all she ever did was change the oil and brake pads...yes we started at the beginning with it and finally have just about all the all of the basics "most do's" done now starting to add the "want to's"
Sub'd for updates & ideas. Really like the DO stuff
Thanks, Steve! And good luck with your truck!

6/24/13

Front bumper finally done. Time to pick her up. And for good this time...free at last.

On the way home from Demello, I stopped by a local muffler shop and had them cut my old (OEM) muffler off and weld a Magnaflow 11226 in its place.

$136 + 20 min of my time. Not bad...better than buying an entirely new cat-back exhaust IMO.

Demello Aluminum Baja Plate Bumper was actually done 2 wks ago; but, was powder-coated black by mistake. Bumper had to be sandblasted and re-PC'd to the correct color/finish.

Still need to mount the front license plate. And, nothing is wired up yet.

Wiring is pretty tedious, so I'll get to it when time and weather permits. It's supposed to hit the 100s here soon, so I may not get to it for awhile..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #73
tired

Looks great! let me know what you think of the TJM winch. That's the winch at the top of my list right now.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #74
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
The rack looks awesome! I still would like to see a video of how the tire carrier works because I see two hinges in the bed and on the rack frame. I guess I am just not visualizing it correctly but once I see it I'll feel like an idiot. Do you have one?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #75

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great! let me know what you think of the TJM winch. That's the winch at the top of my list right now.
Thanks, Box Rocket!

So far, I'm very impressed with the fit/finish/quality of the TJM Stealth. Out of the box, it just looks better than the Superwinch Talon (on my FJ).

Also, the Stealth comes with a nice battery disconnect switch and wireless remote - the Talon did not include either (and it was way more $$$!).

But, proof is in the performance I know. Hoping the weather cools down soon, so I can get to work on it...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #76

deez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
The rack looks awesome! I still would like to see a video of how the tire carrier works because I see two hinges in the bed and on the rack frame. I guess I am just not visualizing it correctly but once I see it I'll feel like an idiot. Do you have one?
Thanks, Werkro01!

Sounds like you're just over-thinking it. No video, but here's some photos of it in the "up" position.

The two support legs pivot down and then secures to the bed with hardware.

If necessary, entire carrier can be removed from the bed by undoing the two front hinges.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #77
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez View Post
Sounds like you're just over-thinking it. No video, but here's some photos of it in the "up" position.
I wasn't over thinking it that much ... I just didn't see the wing nuts on the feet in the bed so it made no sense... So yea now I feel a little stupid. Thanks though.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #78
SteveFaust is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SteveFaust's Tacoma Gallery
Nice idea with the tire rack pivot so can adjust from slant back to raised for storage to complete remove. Also really like the front bumper with the "hidden winch" look very clean. Looking good!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #79
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks amazing! Love the spare tire carrier/rack and the way you setup the jerry can mounts
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #80
tired

This truck is quickly becoming one of my favorites on the site.