Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Pirate ship in the shape of a TACO

Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #41
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
no but i know where im going to get a bumper welded up when i get some $$ for material and his time
Haha that's what neighbors are for right? What is your initial design for the bumper you want to make? You going with something custom or copy another bumper?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #42
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
most likely copy something but put my own ideas into it

but it will be a tube style with a skid but i wanna do the hoop on the top and run some tubes along the top to follow along the headlights
Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
most likely copy something but put my own ideas into it

but it will be a tube style with a skid but i wanna do the hoop on the top and run some tubes along the top to follow along the headlights
Like so?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya almost just like that but with a larger front skid
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #45

Sounds legit, I too eventually plan on making a bumper but I need to round up some cash first to pay for it...
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #46
Pabst knows best

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Sounds legit, I too eventually plan on making a bumper but I need to round up some cash first to pay for it...
same here. anytime i get some spare cash saved up something important goes bad and i have to use that to fix it
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #47

Quote:
same here. anytime i get some spare cash saved up something important goes bad and i have to use that to fix it
Yup I know that SAME feeling haha I am planning on fabbing it up myself though to save some cash, probably going to fall off when I put it in drive but hey, at least I tried haha

I originally wanted to make a plate bumper, but then realized that I might end up needing beefier coils to compensate for the weigh and looked into tube bumpers and came across brute force's hybrid bumper I think this is what I am going for:

Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #48
Pabst knows best

those hybrid ones are soooo
Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #49

Get the best of both worlds with it and its a real head turner because there aren't many others around, I hope I can make mine look pretty decent and close to it but don't want to completely copy it, have you thought about a satoshi for your truck?
Old 06-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #50
Pabst knows best

i think about doing a satoshi all the time just have to build up some courage to cut into it

i think im going to save up my money right now do to retrofit headlights
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #51

Dammit there is another idea of mine I want to do... I think I might satoshi mine here soon, and wait on the retrofit just because of cash but they look sick. Have you heard of the halo lights? They cost more and I think they look a lot better on the newer models but they are pretty sweet

Old 06-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #52
Pabst knows best

ya you can get the halo ring with the retro kit for like 10 bucks more
Old 06-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #53

Cheaper than I thought! I might be needing new headlights anyways so we will see where that goes for me
Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #54
Pabst knows best

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

has everything you need

ok i lied its like $50 for halos..
Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #55
Pabst knows best

anyone interested in a trade for my truck for a double cab?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #56
Pabst knows best

changed my oil with some mobil 1 full synthetic and an OEM oil filter

also switched out my spark plugs with new OEM dealer plugs

while swapping my plugs i found this problem..

4 of the plugs i pulled out where the single electrode type
none of them where in bad shape but still.. with me not knowing when they where changed last makes me wonder

more pics of plugs i pulled

Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #57

Hmm that's odd that they would have two double spark plugs and the rest were single... Was you gas mileage suffering at all?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #58
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm that's odd that they would have two double spark plugs and the rest were single... Was you gas mileage suffering at all?
they used to be double, till the second prong got eaten by the engine
Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #59
Pabst knows best

Quote:
ill have to wait until i fill up next to track my mpgs with the new plugs
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #60
Pabst knows best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
they used to be double, till the second prong got eaten by the engine
when i pulled out the first single prong one i thought the second prong had broken off i was looking for a spot that showed it had a prong but then i pulled out 4 more like it and the part numbers where not the same so i figured it was just a single prong and the last person to change them was an idiot