Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TacoTacoma96's '96 Tacoma "Mild" Build Up Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #41
Some who wander are not lost.
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to my CB install. Installed my Cobra 75 WX ST. Heres the pics:
First its out with the old Midland.

Ran the wires to the battery. There away from anything hot also.

The install was pretty straight forward. mounted the box and drilled 2 holes for the mic holder. looks great IMO.

Also found a sweet tag for the front of my tuck
Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #42
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, very nice looking truck you got there. Seems your grandparents had a good taste in vehicles, gotta love the 96's

What did you end up doing with those headlight covers?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Wow, very nice looking truck you got there. Seems your grandparents had a good taste in vehicles, gotta love the 96's

What did you end up doing with those headlight covers?
Thanks, yours looks great to. A rock flew up and busted one of them about 3 weeks after I got them.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #44
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTacoma96 View Post
Thanks, yours looks great to. A rock flew up and busted one of them about 3 weeks after I got them.
Why thank you.
And that sucks. They look really cool on a black truck from what I've seen.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #45

Quote:
Why thank you.
And that sucks. They look really cool on a black truck from what I've seen.
Just thinking of that, I might get me some more now.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #46

ordered me a set of these from Summit Racing:
Hella Vision plus Conversion Headlights

Also got 2 bags of them damn grille clips that always break:

Headlights supposed to be in tomorrow and clips supposed to be in by Friday. Can't wait.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #48

Will do.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #49
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 04-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
Sub'd
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post

Sub'd - cool build.

+1 - Thanks for all the cool pics.
Thanks again
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #52

Well these showed up on the porch this morning:

Then I took off the grille, I'm getting pretty good at doing this:

The driver side headlight had some water in it. Here's a shot of old VS. new:

And buttoned everything back together (don't mind the bird Shit):

Gonna see what they look like tonight. Might even swap some ZXE bulbs into them later. Once I get my clips I'll replace all the broken ones and missing ones. Also I was missing the screws that go on my corner lights so I improvised:

Also got some Seafoam I'm gonna drop in later.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #53

Well time for the results:
Low beams:

High Beams:

High Beams with Hella 500FFs

IMO they are at least 3 times better than what I had on it before. If they look dim its because of the camera. Also the Seafoam turned out great. Feed it in through the brake booster vacuum line. First time I done it so it scared me a little. Put about a 1/3 in and put the rest in the tank. Idles smoother and got a little bit more pep. Next I'm saving up for a clutch.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #54
got 5VZFE?

Very nice, I am cheap so I bought the ebay headlights. Taking off the grill was a total pain in the buns. I rode to town without a grill to buy some new clips for it, I bet people thought I was driving a piece of crap.

I know those Hellas improved it because my ebay ones are so much better. Another great thing is the fact that it is so much easier to change a bulb if one burns out.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #55
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very nice, I am cheap so I bought the ebay headlights. Taking off the grill was a total pain in the buns. I rode to town without a grill to buy some new clips for it, I bet people thought I was driving a piece of crap.

I know those Hellas improved it because my ebay ones are so much better. Another great thing is the fact that it is so much easier to change a bulb if one burns out.
The 95-97 grilles are very easy to remove? What part is hard for you?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #56
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Love your truck!!! very nice truck and a beaufiful parrt of the US your at. but why did oyu ditch those awesome alloys!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #57
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
The 95-97 grilles are very easy to remove? What part is hard for you?
For some reason, my bumper covered the two bottom tabs on the sides. It was pretty much impossible to get a screw driver in there to pop the tabs. All of the bottom tabs are actually pretty hard to get to. It is like my bumper is bent but it looks fine.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Love your truck!!! very nice truck and a beaufiful parrt of the US your at. but why did oyu ditch those awesome alloys!!!
Thanks, I love Cherokee. I still got the alloys in case I want to go back to 'em.

Quote:
For some reason, my bumper covered the two bottom tabs on the sides. It was pretty much impossible to get a screw driver in there to pop the tabs. All of the bottom tabs are actually pretty hard to get to. It is like my bumper is bent but it looks fine.
I had no problems taking mine off, the tabs your talking about are easy to get to with the ARB bumper. Guess I lucked out.
In other news These came in today:

Made in Japan FTW
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #59

Went on a little aventure above my house to some old house sites. Always drove the trails on my 4wheeler but decided to see if they would fit my truck. Now for the pics:
#1 old house site

#2 old house site

IFS, big whoop

The aftermath

It was pretty fun. thinking 'bout making a video later.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #60

Got these in the mail today:

Also got these thing ordered:
  • NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
  • Denso Plug Wires
  • Aisin Clutch and Slave Cylinder
  • New Flywheel
My throwout bearing has been making noise for some time now and I finally decided to get it changed. The E3s have been great but I'm decided to got back to OEM stuff. Hopefully I'll have everything in this week.