Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

03Tacoman's Build

Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
03Tacoman's Build

spring of 2012 I was forced to sell my 95 single cab due to rusty frame.

luckily I sold it with a sticker still on it and got a good amount of cash for it. for whatever reason I wanted a fast little car and bought an 01 GTI but that was my worst mistake ever. Had so many electrical problems with it and I didn't want to fix the rust on it so I got pissed and sold that then borrowed some money to buy the truck which I originally wanted.

So here's my slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 03 3.4l 4x4 5speed build.
Bought it from a guy retired navy in NH in the fall of 2012 and brought it home to southern maine. Had 140k on it when I bought it. It was the cleanest toyota I had ever looked it the guy kept really good care of it and the frame was undercoated by toyota in 06.

Current mods:

Exterior:

Plasti dipped emblems, grille surround, and the last foot of the tail pipe
Painted corner light trim black
Red emblem
Tinted tail lights
Painted Rims Black
Bed Lined Rocker panels and bottom lip of tailgate

Electronics/Lighting:

Cobra CB radio (getting a new antenna soon no longer have the red duals)
20% window tint
Stock Dash Lights (Blue LED bulbs burnt out )
LED parking lights
FREE blinker relocation mod by BlackDawg
Bright White LED dome light
Fog light mod that I made myself with the help of other threads here is the link for that
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...heap-fogs.html

Future Mods:
Bilstein 5100 lift
Magnaflow Glasspack
Rear tube bumper
Front bumper but not sure what kind ?
Paint fender flares
33" tires
Orange LED strip behind the grille
8k HIDs

As it sits today:

Did some skeet shooting off campus (UMO) (also shot the potato cannon)

The day I bought it

tinted tails only did two very light coats of VHT tint then 3 coats of clear

#194 blue LEDs in the gauge cluster

Here is the back of the cluster I circled the four little plugs that you have to twist to take out then replace the bulb

After putting together the corner lamps for the blinker relocation mod

Got another set of blinker bulb sockets to put into my extra set of blinker housings to use as fog lights
cab is lit up blue because of my led strips that come on with the dome light

Plastidipped the last foot or so of the tail pipe

CB + PA

How I have the spare tire set up but I need a stronger way to do it that I can also put a lock on it, any ideas?

That's all the pictures I have for now. Finally have it payed off in cash!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
how many lights did the dash take? i thought it was only four?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01kingtaco View Post
how many lights did the dash take? i thought it was only four?
Oh yeah it was only four, the bunch I bought on ebay was a set of 8 or whatever so I just had them all infront of it. I'll upload another edited picture circling the four spots on the back of the cluster that you need to take out to replace the bulbs. Thanks for catching that!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

That's my next mod after installing my lift kit this weekend.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Quote:
That's my next mod after installing my lift kit this weekend.
sweet if you need any advice lemme know. take your time taking the dash apart so you don't have leftover bolts after! haha. what lift are you doing?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #6

Full ome 3 inch lift with Dakar leaf packs and light racing upper control arms
Old 02-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Quote:
Full ome 3 inch lift with Dakar leaf packs and light racing upper control arms
Nice! that must be a little pricier than what i'm going to get when my payment is done. I want to get billy 5100s with wheelers AAL in the back and then when I save up more money get Eibach springs
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #8

Yea it was $1650 for everything plus $400 for shipping to hawaii
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea it was $1650 for everything plus $400 for shipping to hawaii
Shipping for you guys is sickening!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #10

Yea and that was with USPS with ups it was$680!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #11
Quote:
Yea and that was with USPS with ups it was$680!!!!
wow !!! I'm not even going to pay that much for my whole lift
Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Dash Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
Oh yeah it was only four, the bunch I bought on ebay was a set of 8 or whatever so I just had them all infront of it. I'll upload another edited picture circling the four spots on the back of the cluster that you need to take out to replace the bulbs. Thanks for catching that!
Hey, have you tried to replace your air conditiner dash lights or the time light?! Or do you know what size bulbs those are ?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkgarvey View Post
Hey, have you tried to replace your air conditiner dash lights or the time light?! Or do you know what size bulbs those are ?
no I haven't taken it out yet. right now they're just all out of the truck. for the A/C lights there's some way you can cut down #74 bulbs but it it's confusing
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #15
CB antennas will be here in the mail today! Already have my little cobra CB and a small PA speaker. way too much fun. will post pics when installed!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #16

Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #18
Thanks!! And no unfortunately, I just bought 3157 sized LED lights on eBay. They fit into the blinker sockets. But since my stock blinker sockets are drilled and put into my corner lights that's where my blinkers are now, I bought another set of those blinker sockets from anotehr guy on the forum and I wired those into my good set of blinker housings. I tapped power from the running/parking lights. So my parking AND fog lights come on. It's kind of confusing but not really once you get it haha hopefully you can see what I'm talking about
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
thoy808 will become famous soon enoughthoy808 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 291 CBCS
Name: Taylor
thoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I see. I love how it looks with the bottom light up too. I was going to use 9006 or HB4 bulbs instead. I heard they're pretty safe for the housings too, and they won't melt. Its such an odd place for them to put turn signals. haha
Old 04-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoy808 View Post
Oh, I see. I love how it looks with the bottom light up too. I was going to use 9006 or HB4 bulbs instead. I heard they're pretty safe for the housings too, and they won't melt. Its such an odd place for them to put turn signals. haha
Yeah i love my little running lights haha best part is the way I did it i still have my parking lights up top too. And with your blinkers mounted in the parking lamps it throws so much more light out to the sides as well at night.