Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

w00dy's 2003 DoubleCab aka The driveway queen

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #41
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I found an import shop local to me, http://awautoparts.us/
They had them on hand, so I was able to pick a pair up on the fly. I replaced my passenger side and have one for a spare
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #42
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
I figure I should replace both tie rods and boots since I'm working on it anyway. Gotta trim my bud built skid plate to make it fit with the elite. Looks like I got some work to do.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #43
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I figure I should replace both tie rods and boots since I'm working on it anyway. Gotta trim my bud built skid plate to make it fit with the elite. Looks like I got some work to do.
Wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
I think the tire shop melted my boot when they threw the torch on to align me.

Your making leaps and bounds with your truck! And you seem to be doing everything right. Did you remove your sway bar?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sure did. Funny story actually. I was able to undo bolts on the driver side fairly easily. Passenger side was a different story. Long story short pulled out the cutting wheel and the sparks burnt a hole in the bellow boot.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #45
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Right back to bellow boots!
Was it a big difference w/o it? I wonder if the stiffer 883's I'm running will offset any body roll.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #46

Ha! Its loose as a $20 whore! But since its not my daily driver its not a big deal. Takes a little to get use to. Going to make a big difference wheelin. Will be able to test it memorial day weekend during the uwharrie trip.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #47
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Dats loooooose! Lol
I'm in the same boat. Not my dd.

Btw, new bumper looks sick as hell! I hope Tim can work up a deal for a GB. Even just a break in shipping costs would be helpful!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #48
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Did some wheeling today with a member on here and a Jeep guy. We had a blast.

I have to start with this..... Obligatory Jeep rescue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBJ21g8OWWk

My daughter

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #50
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
dude, i love your truck!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #51
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, can you point me in the right direction on how to do the diff breather mod?

Thank you sir! I looked in the faqs and didnt find it
Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #52
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
dude, i love your truck!
Thanks!

Quote:
hey man, can you point me in the right direction on how to do the diff breather mod?

Thank you sir! I looked in the faqs and didnt find it
Its pretty easy. Tools I used: cordless drill with a couple of drill bits, adjustable wrench (cause Im lazy and they work) & a screw driver.

Looking at the above picture, I ordered (1)90930-03136 & (1)90404-51026. I think it was $12 total. Then I went to a car parts store and got 1/4" gas line and a couple of hose clamps.

Then I browsed the "DIY: diff breather" thread to find the best place to put the breather in the gas pocket.

I unscrewed the 4 screws to remove the gas pocket. This made it easier to drill the hole for the breather to poke thru.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #53
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!!! THANK U SIR
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #54
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Loving your truck Woody!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #55
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
NICE!!! THANK U SIR
Good luck! If you have any questions, I can try to answer them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Loving your truck Woody!
Thanks! You got a tight Tacoma as well! You prob got one of the cleanest dcab's on this site. And if you ever sell your roof rack, I know just the guy who is interested....
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #56
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Thanks! You got a tight Tacoma as well! You prob got one of the cleanest dcab's on this site. And if you ever sell your roof rack, I know just the guy who is interested....
I doubt that but I'll take a compliment anyday! Thanks I appreciate it. And if I ever sell the roof rack, I know just the guy to go to first!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #57
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build so far. I keep finding myself looking at these black 1st gen builds. Nice wheel set up.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #58
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck my man!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #59
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Nice build so far. I keep finding myself looking at these black 1st gen builds. Nice wheel set up.
Thanks Ruben! Seeing your truck with a softopperkinda made up my mind on getting one for myself. Nothing nicer than a quad cab with a softopper!

Im following your build pretty closely....I think we have similar tastes.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #60
Hey Now!

w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camps View Post
Good looking truck my man!
Thanks Greg! How's that BoxRocket bed rack? Putting it too use?!

Products Discussed in this Thread