Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

C O R E's '03 build

Old 03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
C O R E's '03 build

My tight budget build :
2003 Taco TRD 4x4 ext cab v6 5-speed. Bone stock when I bought her used with just under 89k miles. Found her at a good price in austin.

Current pic:

The day I brought her home 2-9-13...
Badger approves.

couple weeks after I bought her, took her to Line-X and had the bed done over the rails...

Couple weeks after that, my cousin bought some new wheels and gave me his old ones... they were pretty nasty but we hit them with some muriatic acid and primed/painted them (I didnt like the color so I ended up bedlining the whole wheel)...

couple weeks later (notice the pattern...) bought a drop sheet of 3/16 plate from a steel supplier I use at work at a dirt cheap scrap rate price and had a skidplate burnt out on our cnc plasma cutter and broke in the press by a coworker at the expense of several breakfast tacos for the next couple days...

Don't laugh at my wife's pic I think she was fixing to sneeze in that one

By the way guys, that skidplate drawing can be found floating around the internet. There's 2 of them Skidplate1.pdf and Skidplate2.pdf I forget where I found them... I made both skids, but the 2nd one doesn't bolt up, gotta weld up the holes and drill new holes to mount it to the crossmember under the transfer case. Pics to follow on the 2nd when I get it bolted up.

Got my new tires (Walmart $148 each, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 31x10.50xR15) Smokin' deal for mud tires IMHO...

And added a little flare yesterday with some vinyl rally stripes on the fenders...

Didn't take pics, but at some point in the build I removed all 4 fender flares and bedlined them, and bedlined the chrome grille and replaced chrome side marker housings with black.

A couple pics of our day out...

More pics to come as the progress continues!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I like the grey/black wheel. Too bad you didn't keep them.

Fender stripes look familiar.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I like the grey/black wheel. Too bad you didn't keep them.

Fender stripes look familiar.
You got me! LOL I saw a vinyl kit for the stripes and was like... man I know Boxrocket has these already but DAMN they look good I couldnt resist. Forgiveness please!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Last weekend:

Deck Plate mod
ISR mod

Awesome difference in sound and I notice an improvement in throttle response, not huge, but noticeable.

Also did the Grey Wire Mod, and routed my stereo RCA's under the kick panel to the back seat, and ran my radio microphone for hands-free wire up the A-pillar.

Going to try to build some sliders next weekend!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #5

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Satoshi grille mod - 4/13/13
Old 04-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #6

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Spark plugs and bronze bushing mod last weekend.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck man!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #9

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, kinda got put on the backburner for a bit (surgery and a divorce...) but might be looking at lifting and armoring soon...
Old 10-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #10

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Did a Thrush muffler and downpipe at rear axle a couple months back and it sounds awesome!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #11

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
BAM!

homemade sliders...

Old 12-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #12

C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Made this with my cousin to suffice until we build the plate front bumpers...