Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

mrbeggins 04 Tacoma Build

Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Put a new seat cover on. It's the smittybilt GEAR seat cover for the 07 to present JK's. Fits awesome!

image by Tanner Tucker, on Flickr

Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #22
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
Put a new seat cover on. It's the smittybilt GEAR seat cover for the 07 to present JK's. Fits awesome!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same front bumper with a WARN M8000 winch. I didn't realize that the all pro bumper was designed for a winch with synthetic line. What did you do to make that roller style fair lead work with that bumper?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The roller style or the hawse fair lead? The roller style bolted right up to the stock mounting holes in the all pro bumper. As did the TJM aluminium fair lead.

Did you have to drill the roller fair lead for yours to fit?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
Quote:
The roller style or the hawse fair lead? The roller style bolted right up to the stock mounting holes in the all pro bumper. As did the TJM aluminium fair lead.

Did you have to drill the roller fair lead for yours to fit?
I am talking about the roller style fair lead. The holes that come on the fair lead are in the middle and I had to shim the fair lead out with washers just to bolt it on. I haven't used it because it will just bend the brackets but I just did it to bolt the fair lead on so at least I had one. Will it work well even with all the pressure on it when winching if I drill holes lower for it to fit?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #26

Ooh...I'm pickin up what your puttin down. The fair lead that I used had 2 different mounting locations drilled in it when I bought it. The 2 holes that I used were in fact lower than centre of the fair lead, so yes... The fair lead sat higher allowing it to clear the bottom tube of the bumper. Believe it or not I actually found the fair lead at princess auto here in Canada. Do you guys have something similar in the states?

Hope that helps. Could you red rill holes lower on the fair lead? Or just switch to synthetic line and a hawse style lead all together haha?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
Well I want to switch to a synthetic line and hawse fair lead but funds are kind of tight right now as I just dropped 5k on the truck this past month. I will be taking the fair lead off and drilling holes lower on the fair lead to make it fit.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #28

Took the mountain bike out today and met up with the CT4WD group that were out for their monthly run. Got to ride it down the mountain then got a pinch flat in 2 different spots. I then proceeded to ride shotgun for the rest of the day

Old 07-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #31

I've been busy with work and helping out with the flood situation we had up here in southern Alberta, but still managed to get out and have some fun. These ledges are much larger in person and a lot more challenging than they look in the picture. It was a blast!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #32

Got around to changing the colour of the rear bumper today as well as touching up the front grill...

Old 07-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
TooDrunkToTasteThisChicke n
TotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TotesMagotes's Tacoma Gallery
I just love the colour combo of red n black on your truck it looks wicked.

Nice seat covers too, i'm looking for some covers for mine...are those pretty comfortable?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
I just love the colour combo of red n black on your truck it looks wicked.

Nice seat covers too, i'm looking for some covers for mine...are those pretty comfortable?
Well considering they are for a JK they actually aren't that bad. They fit a little loose, but with being loose they sit deeper into the boulsters of the seats. And their heavy duty to haha. No tearing these puppeies
Old 07-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Great looking truck man!
Thanks a lot!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #37
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I want those so bad but i didn't buy them because i heard they are made poorly and fall apart
Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #38
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
looks way better painted around the headlights and rear bumper. that part around your headlights always bugged me.

we'll dominate those ledges some time this year.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
I want those so bad but i didn't buy them because i heard they are made poorly and fall apart
The old smittybilt ones were made bad yes. They had strings holding the sides together. It's what I had before these. But I can assure you, if you can rip these I'm sure smittybilt will give you your money haha. The buckles are tough and big
Old 07-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
looks way better painted around the headlights and rear bumper. that part around your headlights always bugged me.

we'll dominate those ledges some time this year.
Haha ya I've been putting that off for quiet some time now. It drove me nuts to.

And yes...those ledges will be slayed in the next few months to come