Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

mrbeggins 04 Tacoma Build

Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Did some crawling last weekend... Sorry for the camera shake and noise. This hill gets very steep as you can see by the angle of the trees. Most of its washed out as well due to the floods we've had. Took all the hard lines up��

Backside of TOTW
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJymI4KYYRE

front side of TOTW
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TAXyzY2J6Fg&feature=plcp
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #42
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stopped by the scale today, 1930kg's = 4246lbs without me in it!

image by Tanner Tucker, on Flickr
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #43
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
Stopped by the scale today, 1930kg's = 4246lbs without me in it!

Still need a rear bumper and rock sliders to add some more weight

Truck looks so sick man! I really wanted to get a red tacoma I'm a little partial to bedlined rockers too lol.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Still need a rear bumper and rock sliders to add some more weight

Truck looks so sick man! I really wanted to get a red tacoma I'm a little partial to bedlined rockers too lol.
Haha thanks man! Sliders are going on very soon. I'm going to wait until this rear bumper comes off naturally haha.

Do the rockers!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #45
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha thanks man! Sliders are going on very soon. I'm going to wait until this rear bumper comes off naturally haha.

Do the rockers!!!
Good plan!

I already did my rockers awhile back most recent picture I have of my truck from the side. The cap isn't on anymore.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #46

^^nice!! Looks clean
Old 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #47
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^nice!! Looks clean
Thanks

What brand of bed liner did you use for your rockers?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #48

It's the dupli color coating in the 1gallon can. It's a 3 part mixer. Rubber, color, and hardener. I've had it no there 2 years now. Holding up great!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #49
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the dupli color coating in the 1gallon can. It's a 3 part mixer. Rubber, color, and hardener. I've had it no there 2 years now. Holding up great!
Nice! I've heard good things about the duplicolor stuff. The stuff I've seen in person looked pretty good. I used herculiner roll on bedliner and put a coat of rustoleum over it a couple years after I did it. Helped fill in the little spots where the bedliner was a little thin and the silver paint could be seen through.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #50

Ya I had the same problem with a few specs of red showing through. I recently just put anther light coat over top of the existing coat. It's nice and dark now. No chips, and super thick.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #51

Started the long list of things to do before my trip in the fall to the Dusy and Rubicon...

-change both front cv's and seals (possibly needle bearings to)
-change rear brakes including cables
-change front, rear, transfer case fluids
-change power steering pump and alternator
-flush radiator and clean
-inspect belts
-change battery to odyssey
-change front driveshaft U-Joints
-change carrier bearing
-change inner and outer tie rod ends
-change fuel filter

Tomorrow ill be doing the cv's and seals, and changing all the fluids. I'm pretty pumped for the trip. Count down is 2 months away!!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #52

In prep for the little field trip I made a transfer case skid today. I was sick and tired of that all pro junk that bolts to the transfer case. I really regret buying it, and highly doubt I can sell it, so I'm going to use it for scrap metal

I managed to score a sheet of 3/16 hardend steel plate from a welding shop for free. 24"x48"!! Plenty left over for other projects

Got the bottom cut and bolted to the tranny skid. Mocked up one side then duplicated it for the other. I kept everything up as high as possible

First side tacked up

Other side tacked

Rear end shot, nice and smooth to slide over rocks the size of smart cars

Unbolted and one side welded solid from both sides

All welded up and cleaned up ready for paint

Painted it black with box liner paint. Not expecting it to stay on there, as you can see it was a little wet when I bolted it back up to the truck. I used 5/8" bolts to attach it to the frame. The holes are drilled and tapped...

I'll be boat siding the back of it as well. The pieces will be 2" wide welded on a 45 degree angle following the sides and back in order to keep the skid plate from digging in when I back up. I ran out of wire for the welder so I called it quits for today.

Sliders will be here sometime this week, so that'll be my project next weekend!!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #53
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
The transfercase skid looks good what sliders did you order? The truck is coming along nicely
Old 08-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #54

Thanks man! I ordered the trail gear sliders!! I like the simple clean look of them, nice and compact haha
Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #55
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! I ordered the trail gear sliders!! I like the simple clean look of them, nice and compact haha
Good choice! I've heard good things about trail gear sliders and I really like my trail gear bumpers
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #56

Anyone else have problems with the all pro front skid hitting the power steering rack on the bottom? Mine hits the rack right where the 2 back bolts of the skid mount to the frame. Is this normal for the skid to rest on the bottom of the rack? I have a feeling that one good solid "wack" on the bottom and something is going to bend or break of the rack.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #57
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to add some "ribs" to the backside of that tcase skid to stiffen it up particularly where the side peices attach. You've got a good design but the 3/16" plate will bend easier than you think without some added bracing.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #58

Yea, as I mentioned in the post above when I made the plate I'll be boat sidin the back of it. I ran out of wire for the welder, but I did cut 3 pieces for the back of the skid plate. 2" wide and they'll be welded on at a 45 in order to stiffen the back of it. It will follow the angles and along the back. Much like the skid row plate
Old 08-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #59

Aaaand the finished product. Welded from both sides, and smoother then a babies butt.

After finishing it I decided to go wheelin and put it to the test. Dropped a couple 4ft ledges, no issues at all!!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #60

Mr. Spoonman and myself took a little day trip today....

Not a bad day today... Dented the box and lost a tail light are local trail system has changed dramatically since all the flood we've had. The trails are actually interesting now haha