Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

mrbeggins 04 Tacoma Build

Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #1101
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Stumpy + Daisy party tonight
Old 06-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #1102
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Well...stumpy's been getting a lot of treatment lately. Been busy getting ready with spoonmsn for the trip...

Rock lights are in
Re wired light bar with inline fuze
Labelled all my switches
Changed rear diff fluid
Removed CB and antenna
Put in some quick fist clamps for my maglite

Still to do:

Change over front R/P
Put front locker in
Change transfer case fluid
Flush tranny fluid
Go through and pack camping gear

Sit and patiently wait for D day
Old 06-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #1103
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Tanner, what did you do for the rock lights? Brand? Where did you position them? Love your build and the amazing pics!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #1104
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used these little guys. Bought them from the local automotive store. 100 lumen each. I drilled a 3/4" hole and dropped them in through the engine bay. Then siliconed them water tight. Absolute pain in the ass to wire though. The wires are tiny.

Front

image by Tanner Tucker, on Flickr

Rear. Before I cleaned up the wiring. The pod is hooked up to the rock lights as well

Switches

Maglite

Old 06-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #1105
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Tanner did you end up getting a arb front locker? Not afraid of breaking cvs? Trucks looking good though!! Can't wait for some pics of this next trip!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #1106

Well...it's funny you ask that haha. I was just telling spoonman...my plans have now changed. ARB in the front was a go yes. Until I found out I'm missing a tooth possibly more off my front ring gear. How it happened I don't know. My guess is a mixture of Moab and high milage.

So the new plan before dusy is regear to 4:88's. I found a diff with 4:88's in it already (not going to tell where because I really hope they still have it by next Friday), and pick up a 4:88 R/P for the rear and ill swap the rear locker over. So for dusy I'll be open in the front which isn't a big deal to me. Less change of breaking an axle, and locked in the rear. But I'll be able to crawl A LOT better haha. Which I'm excited for because Thompson hill is literally a straight up wall of boulders. Mostly described as 1.3miles of hell climbing over 1000dt in that distance.

Gears

This all kinda fell into place within the last few hours or so. It was either drop a G on a front locker, and still have to re gear after dusy. Or buy the built front diff for cheap, and a gear set for the rear which is only $200, and be able to crawl stuff. Ill take the gear set haha.

Just can't afford to do the locker and re gear at once. To many denero's :$)
Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #1107
Dj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDj318 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I hear that! I'll probably get a axle under the front before I lock or regear the front. I'm toying with the idea of 35s right now.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #1108
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance we can see output pics of the rock lights? Or is Summer solstice going to ruin that? Haha
Old 06-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #1109

Well there are lots of people running 35's and a front locker with IFS. Its just a matter of driving style IMO, and knowing the limits of the truck. Which...is quiet surprising I might add haha. A lot of people are surprised what these little IFS trucks can do.

Should dusy be done with a SAS'd and locked truck. Surrrre. Can it be done with a budget lifted IFS Tacoma. I'm about to find out hahaha.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Any chance we can see output pics of the rock lights? Or is Summer solstice going to ruin that? Haha
I could probably sneak a picture or 2 for ya Brent! I have them unplugged from the switch in the dash right now because I'm going to be adding 2 more pods under the sides of the truck. One pointing forwards and one backwards. It was getting late last night, and I was getting extremely frustrated so I left the wires unplugged and zip tired under the dash. I need to tap into the existing wires to finish off the rest of the pods

Trucks looks great btw dude!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #1111
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
I could probably sneak a picture or 2 for ya Brent! I have them unplugged from the switch in the dash right now because I'm going to be adding 2 more pods under the sides of the truck. One pointing forwards and one backwards. It was getting late last night, and I was getting extremely frustrated so I left the wires unplugged and zip tired under the dash. I need to tap into the existing wires to finish off the rest of the pods

Trucks looks great btw dude!
Cool, interested to see the output. already have lights to use for rock lights, just need to install them myself...

I know how that goes. Wiring it a love/hate relationship. So frustrating but the finished product is always nice!

Thanks! Still a work in progress haha
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #1112
Camps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really niceCamps is just really nice
Name: Greg
Camps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
I used these little guys. Bought them from the local automotive store. 100 lumen each. I drilled a 3/4" hole and dropped them in through the engine bay. Then siliconed them water tight. Absolute pain in the ass to wire though. The wires are tiny.
Nice I dig it! Thanks man
Old 06-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #1113

Wheeled it one last time before I switch over to 4:88's....

Stumpy looks considerably shorter without that cb antenna for some reason

This view never gets old. Ever.

I'm going to tear into the truck this weekend. Get everything ready. Pull the rear diff and break it down. I'll be doing the rear R/P setup myself. The front is going to come assembled ready to drop in.

Also...I have a new sticker being made. Strictly directed at the Dusy haha. Everyone's gonna be wanting this one...it's pretty badass
Old 06-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #1114
WUT?
thegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant futurethegame has a brilliant future

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
You'll love the Dusy. Its by far my favorite out of all the trails I've been on. Thompson Hill isn't that bad Being IFS you'll probably rub the cab/bed on some trees. There are a bunch of tight tree squeezes on that trail.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #1115

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
You'll love the Dusy. Its by far my favorite out of all the trails I've been on. Thompson Hill isn't that bad Being IFS you'll probably rub the cab/bed on some trees. There are a bunch of tight tree squeezes on that trail.
Awesome! I'm glad to hear! I'm pretty pumped for the trip..

My game plan in to slither my way through the trees haha. But...I am expecting some body damage. I think that's a given. What was Thompson hill like? Have you done dusy with ifs before you sas'd it?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #1117

Dj318's Tacoma Gallery
Awaiting to see how the gear swap went
Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #1118

Decided to high clearance my rear end yesterday. I cut the box around 3pm then waited for spoonman to get home from work and the gym. Had to use his tube bender as mine is at a friends place and he's on holidays haha. We bend up some 1.75" .120 DOM into corner pieces.

Then today I had the day off so I started fanning everything up

I used 1.25" 3/16" wall square tube to brace it back to the frame

Notched the braces to fit around the tube

Passenger side

Drivers side

Finished up and ready to be drug across some big rock

Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #1119
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks sweet tanner!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #1120
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!

Hey did you glue your fender flare clips in? I did the same and have already lost probably half of them while driving haha