Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Ryans Build

Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
rmtofast is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rmtofast's Tacoma Gallery
Ryans Build

Ok im sure you all know my now i traded my 96 3rd gen 4runner built up for My new to me 99 tacoma trd sr5. has 200k on the clock and ticking
the truck was already lifted when i got it so here is the details. ( IM trying to figure out how much actual suspension lift it has.. 3 inch body lift and ??? suspension.) if you can tell by wheel well gap please let me know how much susp. lift you think it has on it
It has bilisteins all around
3 inch body lift
custom made rock sliders
new headlights and corners
roof bars with yakima fairing
285/75/16 cooper st maxx tires
16x8 mickey thompson classic locks 4 inch b.s
5 speed elocked
Attached Thumbnails
Ryans Build-tacoma.jpg   Ryans Build-tacoma2.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
First thing is first. I was going to start my bobbed bed this weekend but need to get it running 100% first.
When i start it up it will run fine, sometimes it stumbles a bit on idle. when i rev it up it boggs out like its not getting fuel, however if i drive it down the road it runs fine. ONLY acts up when its reved up but drives fine down the road with a load on it???. I got bank 1 system lean code.
Replaced spark plug wires and plugs with no change, # 3 cylinder has a larger spark plug in it ( my guess someone stripped it and tapped next plug size... yeah i know) but it works i guess.
cleaned maf sensor and put a new filter in it.
still does it bogs/chokes out when reved around 3k but will clear up if reved higher than 3k

Second problem: Dam this thing rides rough compared to my 4runner! i feel every bump. dropped air pressure to 35 pounds all around made it slightly better. Bodylift make a terrible ride?

Lastly front end squeaking when suspension is worked.. Sway bar bushings?? if so off it comes
Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Either way i love it more than old rusty, and cant wait to start actually building it
Attached Thumbnails
Ryans Build-fff.jpg   Ryans Build-ffff.jpg  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
Did a couple things today sense it was 60 out, took off my flare's modified my seat headrest ( i hated how they stuck up so far stock
Attached Thumbnails
Ryans Build-imag0174.jpg   Ryans Build-imag0172.jpg   Ryans Build-imag0171.jpg   Ryans Build-imag0168.jpg   Ryans Build-imag0167.jpg  

Old 03-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
seats
Attached Thumbnails
Ryans Build-imag0166.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
started my low pro bed expedition rack last night, a lot more to do yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ryans Build-bed-rack.jpg  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
also why is it posting thumbnails of my pics and not big pictures?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmtofast View Post
also why is it posting thumbnails of my pics and not big pictures?
If you just attach pics to your message it will use thumbnails. If you post photos to a hosting site like photobucket and link the image then it will display them larger.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #12
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck, sub'd for the build.

I wish I could answer your questions, but I don't know anything else you can do (besides what you have already done) for the engine problem. As far as the lift. I'd guess 3 inch body lift and maybe the 5100s are adjusted for a lift as well

But one question. You said you're going to bob your bed, but it looks like your bed rack just barely fits in the bed you have now. Seems like if you bob your bed, you may be "bobbing" your rack as well. just my $.02
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Thanks guys, and yeah i was going to bob it but decided not to, and just build a nice rack, we are going to sleep in the bed this summer when i get the tent so she talked me into keeping the bed stock length. as for the motor running bad i got it figured out, there was a loose coil wire where the coil harness plugs into #3 coil runs great now.
as for the suspension as far as i can tell now it has 3 inch body lift
stock front coils on bilistiens and a 1inch top spacer, rear is add a leaf with stock pack, stock shackles bilistein shocks, For now...
Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #14
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmtofast View Post
Thanks guys, and yeah i was going to bob it but decided not to, and just build a nice rack, we are going to sleep in the bed this summer when i get the tent so she talked me into keeping the bed stock length. as for the motor running bad i got it figured out, there was a loose coil wire where the coil harness plugs into #3 coil runs great now.
as for the suspension as far as i can tell now it has 3 inch body lift
stock front coils on bilistiens and a 1inch top spacer, rear is add a leaf with stock pack, stock shackles bilistein shocks, For now...
Sweet! Looks like you figured it all out! Can't wait to see how your truck turns out! It's looking good so far
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking truck! I like what you did with the headrests.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #16
Thanks, simple free mod I really couldnt stand how they stuck up 4 inches and wouldn't go down the whole way im only 5'6 so they were way tall for me so out came the grinder
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
What all do you guys think I should attach to my bed rack??
Old 04-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #18
Ran into a fellow taco driver, and plasti-dipped my grill and emblem on my 08 camry

Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #19
My daily driver

Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #20