So I Plasti-dipped my side badges and handles today. Here's a quick pictorial overerview of the process.
1. Get a good assistant. This one is in training:
2. Clean the area you are about to dip
3. Tape around the area. (In hind sight, I should have left a bigger section inside the tape. This would have given me a better place to peel from later on)
4. Spray your dip. Light coat first, then heavy coats after that. I did 3 coats of anthracite and 2 coats of glossifier.
5. Peel off tape after it has dried.
6. Peel the "background" dip away:
I did the same with the door handles. This pic show the dip wet, but you can see the metal flake in it really well:
Here's the handle dry. The flake isn't as apparent, but you can still see it. (You can see it much better in person)
Here's the finished product:
There you have it, anthracite plastidip