Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

The Lumpskie Build - '96 5-speed

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #1121
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
^Thanks Chris. I'm kind of torn on the whole opportunity. The job sounds amazing, the company sounds good, but I really like living in CO and have no desire to move... especially to a state that has no wheeling opportunities. I guess I'll wait and see if they give me an offer.

In other news: I might actually work on the truck a bit this weekend. I'm planning on making some spring keepers to tie the main leaf and the 1st support leaf together. Hopefully, this will force my suspension to utilize my orbit eyes more...
Old 06-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #1122
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on your field of choice there are jobs out there. If you can find one where you don't have to move and just travel that'd be good. Where would they having you moving too?

What kind of spring keepers are you using. I used some I got at the parts store and they work but not all that great. Really need two per leaf with one on each side. My leafs still fan a little bit, they can only do it so much though.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #1123
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^The job would be in the Polaris R&D facility, in Wyoming Minnesota. The job sounds awesome, but I'd really miss Colorado's mountains and wheeling. From what my cousin tells me, Minnesota's liberal establishment have basically closed off all public land from motorized vehicles so there isn't much out there. Beyond that, the trails are mostly mud and I'm a rock crawling guy. In the mean time, my boss at my current job is really supportive and is looking for growth opportunities for me... and I just got a promotion last month. So, either way, I'll be ok. I just want to be sure I'm making the right decision.

Now. I'm looking at making my spring keepers out of steel strips from a local steel recycler. Basically just get some strips, heat and bend using an oxyacetylene torch and attach to the support leaf. I'm thinking about just using tack welds there. (so I don't mess with the metallurgy of the leaf) Hopefully, a cheap, easy and fun project that will actually net me a little more flex!
Old 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #1124
Independant Thinker

Built up the spring keepers. Hopefully, this will force my joint to move a little bit more. It's hard to see, but I clearanced underneath to allow the lower spring to move.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #1126
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Built up the spring keepers. Hopefully, this will force my joint to move a little bit more. It's hard to see, but I clearanced underneath to allow the lower spring to move.

Nice!
Old 06-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #1128
Independant Thinker

Some friends and I hit Spring Creek trail today and it was an intense trail. I grabbed a few pics:

Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #1130
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Monte just did. Can't remember who did it that showed me...

I've had all of the parts since January and still haven't gotten around to it...

*Edit*
I remember now, it was Jon. Here's the method I'm doing...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post4786949
Old 06-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #1131
Independant Thinker

^Sweet, thanks for the link! Haha, I've got all the parts too, but haven't gotten around to it. Since I'm low on cash for mods, I thought it might be time to address this.

Monte, or anyone else, what do you guys think of the mod?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #1133
Independant Thinker

^Well, if you like yours, I'll have to copy you! Do you have any idea what the capacity is? How often do you have to fill it?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1134
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
I just did that as well last week. It's about half of what stock was. It's easy. It works. Hasn't fallen off yet. I did a screw top instead of just a loose cap.

PS check your voicemail
Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #1137
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Hey Timmy,

I called you but your voicemail box is full... Call me back!
Thanks again for all your help
Old 06-24-2014, 06:33 AM   #1138
Independant Thinker

No problem Timmy. Post up some pictures of the trails you hit and let me know if you need any more suggestions!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #1139
member-in-training
tibblits920 is on a distinguished road

Name: Stephen
tibblits920's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Lumpskie;8816984]Some friends and I hit Spring Creek trail today and it was an intense trail. I grabbed a few pics:

Thanks for posting some awesome pictures of your trail run! This one is my favorite

Products Discussed in this Thread