Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ffirg's 02 DC Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #21
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
looking good sir! your choice of suspension has peaked my interest
Thanks! Yeah so far the OME is quite nice. It was very stiff at first, but even after putting only a few hundred miles on it, it has softened up a ton! The front really does soak up things in the dirt a hell of a lot better. And the rear is actually softer than stock. Even with the AAL. But it holds more weight, so best of both worlds!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Payin my respects. I wore my west marine shirt proudly yesterday in your honor my good man.
haha yes!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
losers101 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandan
losers101's Tacoma Gallery
Really liking the truck! Nice job on the retrofit as well
Old 06-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #24

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I like them a lot. I thought they would be brighter but they are a hell of a lot better than stock. And easy to install as well.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #25

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a smitty built receiver hitch d-ring w/shackle Got it and a diff drop from a fellow TW member that sold his first gen for a Tundra.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
Ready to Learn
HF13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
HF13's Tacoma Gallery
reciever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Picked up a smitty built receiver hitch d-ring w/shackle Got it and a diff drop from a fellow TW member that sold his first gen for a Tundra.
Hey man REALLY like the truck and the mods...thinking of getting an '02 without a reciever hitch, recommend any specific brands for the reciever? Id like one that has a shackle attachment...mind posting pics of yours?

Thx
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #27

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! its a work in progress but its coming along nicely. Not sure what else i can do rihht away. I'm not sure what brand my receiver is, but the only one I know of is Reese or drawtite. I can post a pic later of what I have.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. I like them a lot. I thought they would be brighter but they are a hell of a lot better than stock. And easy to install as well.
Did you get a lock with it as well?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #29

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
Did you get a lock with it as well?
Yep! It came with a locking pin. Although I don't really like the way the lock feels/is sealed up. I'm probably going to use my own nice locking one or just a standard pin without lock. I'll only have it on when I'm offroading, otherwise I'll have a 2'' ball in there.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #30

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
So today I found out my truck might look good with bronze wheels. What do you guys think?

...In all seriousness, I had to get towed out of some mud by a decked out subaru hahaha. I slid into a deep rut and was immediately up to my bumpers in mud. Time for some meaty 33's I guess
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #32

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Hell yea! Looks good with a little mud too.
Thanks! Although after washing it today, I realized why I don't like going through mud...

And for those of you who were wondering about the receiver shackle, here's a picture. I know I don't have the pin in all the way. I put it in just to take the picture.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
Ready to Learn
HF13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
HF13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! Although after washing it today, I realized why I don't like going through mud...

And for those of you who were wondering about the receiver shackle, here's a picture. I know I don't have the pin in all the way. I put it in just to take the picture.
Nice! what kind of tow package is that? Reese? Drawtite? Any reccomendations?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #34

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure which brand it is. I got under it and looked but the only words I saw on it was the weight capacity.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
More than likely it's Reese, that's what came on my 02 and what the body shop replaced it with when I had a fender bender
Old 06-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In this pic, what is that little square compartment on the left side top interior of your camper shell?

Btw, excellent build and you must be lucky to be live in beautiful Alaska when the weather is good!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #37
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Sway bar on or off? My 883s were firm at first but now they are perfect. I hope yours are the same.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #38

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
In this pic, what is that little square compartment on the left side top interior of your camper shell?

Btw, excellent build and you must be lucky to be live in beautiful Alaska when the weather is good!
I have no clue haha. I think it's supposed to be a grab handle. It flips down. It was there when I bought it. There's a little indentation in the shell that its molded into.

And yeah I'm lucky to be up here. We've had 3 weeks straight of 70-75 degree weather which is not common so I'm loving the summer so far. We had I think 10 days last summer that were over 65 degrees so this is awesome.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #39

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Sway bar on or off? My 883s were firm at first but now they are perfect. I hope yours are the same.
I left it on. I'm thinking of taking it off but The truck still feels a little unstable while turning with speed and I don't know if ill like more of it without the sway bar

The ride has softened a little. But I've only put around 500 miles on it so far so it should get better.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #40
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Man mine feels level in turns. I don't go fast around corners so maybe my driving style is part if it. Mines off and I'm glad it's off. Best supporting mod to the 883 s I think.

Products Discussed in this Thread