Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ffirg's 02 DC Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #421
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Oh also came about an inch from wishing I had sliders...slid sideways and nearly smashed a boulder with my rocker panel.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #423
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ha. We'll see. I made it up the trail just fine (driving alone) but on the way down I couldn't find the same line I took the way up. Sliders would have definitely made me feel a bit more comfortable.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #424

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #425

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered these at 1pm yesterday during my lunch, showed up at at 9 am this morning. I have no idea how that happened but I'm not complaining...

Old 07-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #426
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Ha. We'll see. I made it up the trail just fine (driving alone) but on the way down I couldn't find the same line I took the way up. Sliders would have definitely made me feel a bit more comfortable.
Where were ya?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #427
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Hatchers. Wanna go back there with us Sunday Mike? And nice wheels! Those are what I was gonna get before I came across the ones I have with tires for 200 lol
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #428

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to but I'm leaving Sunday to go dipnetting, coming back Friday. Anyone that wants to stop by the beach in Kenai is welcome to btw.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #429

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
Where were ya?
Up in Hatchers on an old mining road. After realizing what I said about sliders, I made it seem like a much more difficult trail than it is haha. There is like one spot where I almost slid into a big rock but that's it.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #430

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new wheels installed today. Forgot to order black lug nuts and could only find chrome ones in town. Oh well, the contrast looks kind of OK.

Next order of business will be tires. Found out today mine are almost 10 years old. Tons of tread left but I'm worried they'll rot out on me before the tread is gone
Old 07-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #431
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Any shots of the light throw of the rigid fogs
Old 07-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #432

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet. Hasn't been dark enough haha. Summer solstice is the worst time to install new lights
Old 07-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #433
titelines
titelines is on a distinguished road
Name: bailey
titelines's Tacoma Gallery
I Like the wheels. Unbelievable shipping, especially in ak. I'm not sure if you knew but we did buy that 97 taco in Homer. Now my son wants to put a lift on his 99 Trd. I was thinking of copying yours are you happy with it?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #434

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by titelines View Post
I Like the wheels. Unbelievable shipping, especially in ak. I'm not sure if you knew but we did buy that 97 taco in Homer. Now my son wants to put a lift on his 99 Trd. I was thinking of copying yours are you happy with it?
Yeah I was shocked with the shipping. And congrats on that truck, looked awesome when I checked it out. Super jealous on the Elite bumper. I really like my bumper but the Elite is still the best out there IMO

And yeah I'm happy with my lift. I will say I expected the rear to sit higher than it does especially with the AAL. I have 2" shackles and it still barely has a rake when the bed is empty. As far as ride goes I have no complaints. It's great.

Eventually I may install allpro expos because I find myself loading up a ton of gear a lot. Plus a rooftop tent will be here soon which will make it worse.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #435

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery

Wish I had my RTT for this trip. Oh well, a guy next to me has a CVT on his dodge I can drool over instead.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #437

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Looking good!
Thanks man. It's coming along nicely. I've been pricing out tires for the last few weeks. Hopefully that happens in the near future
Old 08-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #438
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
What you looking at?
Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #439

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs or MTRs. But really I have no idea haha. I want a tire to run all year but I know any MT will be sketchy on ice. So that leads me back to the duratracs but I don't now if they'll do much better than my current ATs in mud. And the whole sidewall strength makes me weary too. So basically I have no clue lol.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #440
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
just get a MT and have them siped.

Products Discussed in this Thread