Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ffirg's 02 DC Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #41
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I feel a little unstable. Better than stock, but still tippy. But I'm talking about those clover leaf on ramp things or corners on highways. So only when I'm going 50+. It's solid other than that.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #42
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Yeah I feel a little unstable. Better than stock, but still tippy. But I'm talking about those clover leaf on ramp things or corners on highways. So only when I'm going 50+. It's solid other than that.
Canopy is part of it i bet. thats a big difference between us at this point. I just accept that i gotta go slow in my truck and thats fine by me. my driving style im sure plays a role. Too bad your not closer to go for a ride and compare. i think it would be interesting to see.

regardless, the ride is much better without the swaybar. if you can train yourself to slow down or learn to trust the feeling, i would take it off. you get used to it and adjust your driving.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #43
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'm sure the shell has a little to do with it. And I have a lot of stuff in the truck all the time. There is one hill going up a mountain pass that starts at sea level and takes a 180 degree turn the opposite direction that immediately starts up a section of highway that is all uphill for about 5-10 miles. I have to keep up my speed/momentum around that corner or I'll be chugging along at 45 the rest of the way haha. That's the main section of road I'd worry about without the swaybar. I have to take that corner going 65-70 mph, and by the time I'm at the crest of the hill I'll be at 55 if I'm lucky. That is assuming I have a pretty heavy load in the bed or a trailer.

And yeah it'd be neat to compare rides. You've got some extra weight with the sliders but I'm a DC with a shell and an overweight/height driver haha, so it should even itself out.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #44
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sliders dont weight that much.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #45

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Well I wouldn't know...
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #46

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I went over a speed bump today and heard an extremely loud cracking noise from the front passenger side. Not sure what that could be but I scraped out some loose rocks/dried mud from my lower control arm. I hope that helps but we'll see. I've seen some people have issues with their UCA hitting the coil, but I don't think that's it. I don't see any indication that's the case anyway.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #47
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
I went over a speed bump today and heard an extremely loud cracking noise from the front passenger side. Not sure what that could be but I scraped out some loose rocks/dried mud from my lower control arm. I hope that helps but we'll see. I've seen some people have issues with their UCA hitting the coil, but I don't think that's it. I don't see any indication that's the case anyway.
on the old spacer lift my spindle would hit the coil. it would be a loud clunk on down travel. havent had that happen once with the new stuff.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 AM   #48

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
errr, I meant spindle not UCA. My bad. But yeah it happened only right as the suspension was cycling back down. I hope that's not the case. I suppose new UCA would fix that but I don't really want to spend that money at this point. I just spent a pretty penny on a new toy. I don't know if any of you guys fish, but this thing is an amazing reel!

Old 06-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #49
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
errr, I meant spindle not UCA. My bad. But yeah it happened only right as the suspension was cycling back down. I hope that's not the case. I suppose new UCA would fix that but I don't really want to spend that money at this point. I just spent a pretty penny on a new toy. I don't know if any of you guys fish, but this thing is an amazing reel!

i prefer the lower profile ones but thats more for bass anyways. what you plan to bring in with that? im guessing big ol salmon?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #50

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i prefer the lower profile ones but thats more for bass anyways. what you plan to bring in with that? im guessing big ol salmon?
You got it. And the occasional sea monster.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #51
Professional Web Wheeler

so jealous. not even fair.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #52

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Make a road trip up here and we'll make it happen. Monte's somewhere around here right now as well lol.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:14 AM   #53
Professional Web Wheeler

one day ill get there. PCH up to the aclan is a dream of mine.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #54

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do the alcan as well. I've been toying with the idea of attempting to get a month off in the fall and drive down to the states and explore a bit. Visit family and friends and camp/fish along the way. The only problem is I probably wouldn't have a job when I got back lol. And I'd want a RTT before I made a trip like that.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
that fish made me poop a little.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #56
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
that fish made me poop a little.
x2
wtf is that thing and why are you holding it?? You sir, have more balls than me.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
Professional Web Wheeler

Why he has gloves on?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #58
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gloves won't keep it from eating your face off
Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #59

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Haha it's a Ling Cod. I wish I had a better picture of its mouth all the way open. It could swallow my head whole. And my head is pretty fat.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #60
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Haha it's a Ling Cod. I wish I had a better picture of its mouth all the way open. It could swallow my head whole. And my head is pretty fat.
Im pretty sure if I caught that thing I would crap on myself haha. We don't have anything like that in Mississippi luckily haha. Alligator Gar thats about it

Products Discussed in this Thread