Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

'03 TRD Build

Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
Tacosupreme09 is on a distinguished road

Tacosupreme09's Tacoma Gallery
'03 TRD Build

I'm gonna go ahead and start this before things get out of hand. My previous vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee that was pretty well built. It was by far the most uncomfortable and frustrating vehicle I have ever owned, and every time I took it off road I broke something. Now I have a Taco and am seeing a shrink to rid me of my Jeep nightmares.

How it sits now:

Stocker:

'03 TRD 3.4L auto
-Sway a Way coilovers
-Camburg UCA's
-Toytec shackles on inverted stock leaf springs that should be in a dumpster
-Rear Bilstein 5100's
-Bamf kickout rock sliders
-4xInnovations rear class III bumper
-M/T classic fake lock II's in black
-265 General Grabber AT2's
-Inchworm e-locker guard
-Homebrew bed bar with mounts for CB antenna, Hi-Lift, 2 bike mounts and a Hella light
-Ammo can storage box in bed
-Homebrew front lightbar bumper thing
-Blitzpro 3lr, 6lz and 5lr dust light
Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #2

Did some dirt road exploring in Los Padres Nat'l Forest today:

Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Your off to a great start. I have those same wheels and love them! The fake beadlocks do wonders for protecting my wheels offroad!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #5

Thanks guys, new suspension goes on tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome superwhite taco ftw your truck looks legit i think the next thing you need would be a tube bumper
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Welcome superwhite taco ftw your truck looks legit i think the next thing you need would be a tube bumper
Parker I think we have a new inductee into the White Truck Mafia...
Great looking truck brotha! Def agree with somethinboutayota about the tube bumper. Sliders too! But then again I do love helping other people spend their money haha.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Parker I think we have a new inductee into the White Truck Mafia...
Great looking truck brotha!
Def agree with somethinboutayota about the tube bumper. Sliders too! But then again I do love helping other people spend their money haha.

X2 on the spending money part haha
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #9

Thanks everybody! Sliders, Skids, Trail Gear winch bumper and rocket thrusters and flame throwers are all on the list down the road. For now though, I have this:
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacosupreme09 View Post
Thanks everybody! Sliders, Skids, Trail Gear winch bumper and rocket thrusters and flame throwers are all on the list down the road. For now though, I have this:
Be sure to make a write up for the rocket thrusters and flame throwers. Been looking to do those for a while now.

Oh..
And
Old 06-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Always liked that rear bumper, & welcome to the super white club
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #13

Back road suspension break in run:

Old 06-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Nice built!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #15

Got new tires, General Grabber at2's, 265's. Wheeling at Hollister Hills yesterday, she did great.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #16

More wheeling. No recent upgrades...yet. Corral Hollow trail in Bear Valley, Ca. I need sliders!

Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #17

The time has come that I need to either ditch the swaybar or figure out some sort of disconnect...
Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good. Nice Camburg UCAs and c/o

How are they working out?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The time has come that I need to either ditch the swaybar or figure out some sort of disconnect...
Or go solid axle.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #20
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Funny thing...lately as I've been driving around I felt like my truck had some extra body roll. The other day me and a friend were going mountain biking and I was driving my truck to the trail head I hit a pot hole. It made a thud, then a bang. I looked under the truck and found the sway bar spindle bolt was gone. I wonder how long it's been gone for.

Anyway...this got me thinking. Rather than a quick disconnect, just remove the bolt? I've been thinking of a quick disconnect myself.

Also, how do you like the AT's. I have General Grabber AW tires and while they're light and do well on the street they kinda suck on dirt. I'm thinking about new tires sometime next year.