Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My 04 Tacoma Build

Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension, wheels and tires. Then everything is up to you at that point. It's your truck.

Most bang for your buck performance, and new shocks just have that pretty shine to em
Old 06-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
Suspension, wheels and tires. Then everything is up to you at that point. It's your truck.

Most bang for your buck performance, and new shocks just have that pretty shine to em
^what he said.
No matter what else you do, what will boost its badassery (looks and performance both) the most is a lift, wheels and tires.
You'd be surprised at the transformations you'll see on this site..
That's not gonna be cheap though.
If you're looking for cheap mods there's always plasti-derping or painting your stock wheels, de-badging or painting/derping your badges black like I did, and removing all other chrome haha (i hate chrome), window tint, and tacomaworld.com decal for looks.
For sound, I've heard (haven't done it yet myself) the deckplate mod makes the intake sound meaner inside the cab.. And you can do research on this site and/or youtube to decide what new muffler you want.
Personally, I just ordered a magnaflow 14" for 80 dollars shipped, and it will probably cost 35-40 bucks to swap the muffler and leave stock piping.
But as others have said, do the mods YOU want. It's your truck, badassery is in the eye of the beholder.. so you should be the one to like your truck, not to impress anybody else. Congrats on the yota, and enjoy it!
If you have any questions there are plenty of guys on this site that know their trucks inside and out and would be happy to help!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the frame mounts and I love them way smoother ride. next is the steering rack.
for the price you can't go wrong

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...Prerunner+2004
Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #24
I Like Getting Sideways In The Dirt
TRDEAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
^what he said.
No matter what else you do, what will boost its badassery (looks and performance both) the most is a lift, wheels and tires.
You'd be surprised at the transformations you'll see on this site..
That's not gonna be cheap though.
If you're looking for cheap mods there's always plasti-derping or painting your stock wheels, de-badging or painting/derping your badges black like I did, and removing all other chrome haha (i hate chrome), window tint, and tacomaworld.com decal for looks.
For sound, I've heard (haven't done it yet myself) the deckplate mod makes the intake sound meaner inside the cab.. And you can do research on this site and/or youtube to decide what new muffler you want.
Personally, I just ordered a magnaflow 14" for 80 dollars shipped, and it will probably cost 35-40 bucks to swap the muffler and leave stock piping.
But as others have said, do the mods YOU want. It's your truck, badassery is in the eye of the beholder.. so you should be the one to like your truck, not to impress anybody else. Congrats on the yota, and enjoy it!
If you have any questions there are plenty of guys on this site that know their trucks inside and out and would be happy to help!

Thanks man!!! I just want people to tell me what I can do, and maybe I'll like it! Haha I just got the dents out of the back bumper and painted it to be black instead of gunmetal.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery

I'll take a better pic later but you can kinda see
Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #26
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDEAN View Post

I'll take a better pic later but you can kinda see
Yeah man I can see it.. It looks good! I'm thinking of doing the same thing on mine. I probably will once I bedline my rocker panels in a few weeks. I'm in a slow process of de-chroming haha. I like the TRD on your tailgate.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #27
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah man I can see it.. It looks good! I'm thinking of doing the same thing on mine. I probably will once I bedline my rocker panels in a few weeks. I'm in a slow process of de-chroming haha. I like the TRD on your tailgate.
Thanks man! yeah i got tow of them off amazon for 6 dollars. haha i want to get bedside ones next. i want to get a front bumper but i just dont have the money!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Thanks man! yeah i got tow of them off amazon for 6 dollars. haha i want to get bedside ones next. i want to get a front bumper but i just dont have the money!
Oh I feel you on the no money part haha. I've been doing small and inexpensive mods to keep me satisfied haha. I (my wallet) fear its only a matter of time though before I run out of small mods to do.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Quote:
Oh I feel you on the no money part haha. I've been doing small and inexpensive mods to keep me satisfied haha. I (my wallet) fear its only a matter of time though before I run out of small mods to do.
UGH! me too!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #31
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstr View Post
Subd
Thanks Man! lets get a lil mod day going this weekend or next! i want to do something to my truck i just dont know what!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #33
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
X3
Right?! fuck i like those derped stripes on youre hood/front left fender! so sick! i want to do that
Old 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right?! fuck i like those derped stripes on youre hood/front left fender! so sick! i want to do that
Little bit of blue tape and newspaper to cover the truck and you are golden
Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #36
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
congrats on the truck OP

do the deck plate mod!
I honestly don't know what that is. Hahaha
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
I honestly don't know what that is. Hahaha
Look it up on here. It's like a poor man's cold air intake kinda.. A 15 dollar project, and has given some a small boost in HP, very small boost in gas mileage, and sounds better inside the cab. Some call it the best mod for your money. Best thing is if you don't like it, you can put the cover back on and it'll be like it never happened.
It involves cutting a (depeding on the deck plate you buy) 4" hole in your airbox with a dremel or something and put a deckplate there. A deck plate basically is a removable cover in simple terms haha. The hole your airbox allows more air to get into the intake easier.. With the deckplate you can take the cover off or put it back on if you're going through a lot of water. Or just leave it on if you don't like it. For 15 bucks it's worth a try. There's also a write up on here for the 4 cylinder I think. It's not much different though just that the airbox has ridges in it that you have to deal with.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Look it up on here. It's like a poor man's cold air intake kinda.. A 15 dollar project, and has given some a small boost in HP, very small boost in gas mileage, and sounds better inside the cab. Some call it the best mod for your money. Best thing is if you don't like it, you can put the cover back on and it'll be like it never happened.
It involves cutting a (depeding on the deck plate you buy) 4" hole in your airbox with a dremel or something and put a deckplate there. A deck plate basically is a removable cover in simple terms haha. The hole your airbox allows more air to get into the intake easier.. With the deckplate you can take the cover off or put it back on if you're going through a lot of water. Or just leave it on if you don't like it. For 15 bucks it's worth a try. There's also a write up on here for the 4 cylinder I think. It's not much different though just that the airbox has ridges in it that you have to deal with.

Oh okay thanks! I'll look that up for sure! I want to make my truck sound deeper outside too! Just don't know how sense it's a 4 cylinder
Old 06-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #39
Talk slow, shoot fast.

Quote:
Oh okay thanks! I'll look that up for sure! I want to make my truck sound deeper outside too! Just don't know how sense it's a 4 cylinder
Yeah man there's a few threads on here about exhaust options for the 4 banger. I'll see what I can dig up for you. The best thing to do short of trying them for yourself Is listening to YouTube, listening to them on here, or finding someone local and listening to their setup.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #40
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
DECKPLATE MOD?

how much of a sound difference will i hear in cab if i do the deckplate mod? ive red up on it, i just want fresh opinions!!