Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My 04 Tacoma Build

Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done it but im sure there's guys on here who have that you can ask. Found a few vids on youtube though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavq-gnmSMc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kjKhJGJw
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #42
I Like Getting Sideways In The Dirt
TRDEAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
I haven't done it but im sure there's guys on here who have that you can ask. Found a few vids on youtube though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavq-gnmSMc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6kjKhJGJw
Went ahead and did it! i need to go get the deckplate but it does have a great sound in the cab!! felt a little more horsepower, cause it was harder to get the tries to spin on asphalt now its a little easier!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #43
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Single cabs FTW!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #44
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDEAN View Post
Went ahead and did it! i need to go get the deckplate but it does have a great sound in the cab!! felt a little more horsepower, cause it was harder to get the tries to spin on asphalt now its a little easier!
Good job man I need to do it to mine
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #45
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
Single cabs FTW!
X2!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #46
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Good job man I need to do it to mine

Yeah man! another one of those easy mods that make you happy!!! haha
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #47
IrmoRabbidMoose is on a distinguished road

Name: Jay
IrmoRabbidMoose's Tacoma Gallery
IMO I wouldn't go spacers. I would get some 5100's and some coils. Or coilovers, whichever you prefer. Your ride quality will be far superior over spacers. It's more pricey but worth it. If you're worried about money then spacers might be better. I've just had bad experiences with them. Nice truck by the way! 60k miles is really good.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #48
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah man! another one of those easy mods that make you happy!!! haha
When I bought mine the guy gave me his K&N after I bought it and its louder than the deckplate, after I bought it I burned through half a tank just to listen to it
Old 06-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #49
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
When I bought mine the guy gave me his K&N after I bought it and its louder than the deckplate, after I bought it I burned through half a tank just to listen to it
A k&n with the stock airbox?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #50
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I've never heard of anyone dipping tail lights... You could take them apart and paint the chrome black just like the black headlight mod. Might be better than just dipping the lenses haha. I've got vinyl film on my front turn signals, makes them blend in with the bumper, and it pretty cheap
Old 06-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #51
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Nice truck! I've never heard of anyone dipping tail lights... You could take them apart and paint the chrome black just like the black headlight mod. Might be better than just dipping the lenses haha. I've got vinyl film on my front turn signals, makes them blend in with the bumper, and it pretty cheap
I think I'm going to do that today!!! Thanks got the heads up!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
A k&n with the stock airbox?
Cold air intake
Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #53
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Cold air intake
Ohhh I see!! Nice! I bet it is louder!!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #54
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
If you've already done the deck plate mod then throw in a 18" magnaflow.. should sound pretty good with the 4cyl. theres some vids in my build. should be last page of the 18" on a 3.4 with no cats.. little different sound but an idea
Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #55
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
CAMPING TIME

Goin Camping! Up by redbluff, CA

Old 06-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #56

lucky, I'm stuck on the tractor until around July 20
Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #57
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Talking UPDATES

Took off front bumper!

ANd i got some 5100's for the rear! getting front ones soon!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #58
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I'm going to do that today!!! Thanks got the heads up!
Good idea... I'm sure your tails are super dim with plasti dip over them. There's also stuff you can get at auto parts stores called VHT niteshades. It's a tint spray for lenses, much more purpose built for what you're doing than dip haha.

The deck plate mod doesn't make anything all that much louder, it's the silencer delete that makes noise. The silencer is a big box on the bottom of your intake between the air box and the throttle. It serves to balance out turbulence in the intake that creates noise. You remove the box, turbulence comes back, you get noise . It gives a nice growl when you get on the gas.

It's easy to do. You just pull one hose clamp off and pull the box off then plug the hole. I used a PVC cap, not sure what size though. I just jammed it in and tossed the hose clamp back in it.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #59
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
Good idea... I'm sure your tails are super dim with plasti dip over them. There's also stuff you can get at auto parts stores called VHT niteshades. It's a tint spray for lenses, much more purpose built for what you're doing than dip haha.

The deck plate mod doesn't make anything all that much louder, it's the silencer delete that makes noise. The silencer is a big box on the bottom of your intake between the air box and the throttle. It serves to balance out turbulence in the intake that creates noise. You remove the box, turbulence comes back, you get noise . It gives a nice growl when you get on the gas.

It's easy to do. You just pull one hose clamp off and pull the box off then plug the hole. I used a PVC cap, not sure what size though. I just jammed it in and tossed the hose clamp back in it.

Am I going to be able to pass smog with it like that?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #60
TRDEAN's Tacoma Gallery
Talking More Updates and minor mods

Did the ISR mod 2 days ago and i love it!
got racks and fogs as well!

went on a little trail with DylansBase