Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Ice Horse's 1998 TRD Extended Cab

Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
So, you gave into peer pressure on the headlights?
Indeed I did. But it does look a lot more sexy now.

Checked my headlight allignment and glad I did lol.

Before

After

High beams
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #22
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Wowzers.
Nice fix
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
I'm somewhat new to my tacoma as I haven't began to delve into the mods but how do you change the alignment of your headlights. They have been jacked up since my uncle tanked a deer and just fixed it himself. Sorry for the thread jack Lauren. Sweet truck though.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyman90 View Post
I'm somewhat new to my tacoma as I haven't began to delve into the mods but how do you change the alignment of your headlights. They have been jacked up since my uncle tanked a deer and just fixed it himself. Sorry for the thread jack Lauren. Sweet truck though.
Thanks! If you open the hood and look behind the lights there are two skinny black knobs; one on the lower right close to the fender and the other on the top left. They are hard to turn so you can use a socket on them. One should mostly move it up and down and the other left and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Lookin' great Lauren....

& don't let these dumb boys tell you anything !!..... (myself included..)
Haha thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
this build is better than most dudes on here lmao good job Lauren!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #28
Hockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to allHockeyman90 is a name known to all
Name: Kaleb
Hockeyman90's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, thank you. I have had this problem for a while and no one has addressed this in any of their builds until yours
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #29
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build Lauren!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Lookin' great Lauren....

& don't let these dumb boys tell you anything !!..... (myself included..)
go figure you'd be in this thread old man
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
sweet taco
i think im in love
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #32
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post

And hopefully got my fuel gauge fixed.
Now that's an interesting way to do it instead of pulling the fuel tank down!
Was this easier you think?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
I vote to add this to the OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfRdOKKlMk
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 09-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #35
Fire Pony

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Now that's an interesting way to do it instead of pulling the fuel tank down!
Was this easier you think?
My dad was in charge of doing that, and I think it was easier. We did end up having to drop the tank slightly still but better than all the way to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I vote to add this to the OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygfRdOKKlMk
Jerk. God I looked horrible back then lol

Slight update. About a week ago I ended up getting into a 4 car accident. Traffic stopped suddenly and a guy in a Mustang wasn't paying attention. So he hit a Ford truck, which was pushed into me, and I was pushed into a car. I fared pretty well compared to the other two.

Mustang:

Truck that hit me (I jacked him up good)

Got some damage on my tailgate, bumpers, bed, and cab.

Car I hit:

So it gets to go under the knife here soon for repairs and needs to get the frame checked. It was tempting to put the money towards something else, but I'd feel better getting it fixed. Especially the cab. If they were going to total it (because they said it might be close), I was going to send it to get SAS'd.

I also made a thread for my grille emblem. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...m-satoshi.html
Old 11-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #37
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Those pics make me want to start on my rear bumper right now. It looks like your bed slid forward and hit the cab... is there any serious/structural damage?
Old 11-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #38
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Those pics make me want to start on my rear bumper right now. It looks like your bed slid forward and hit the cab... is there any serious/structural damage?
Frame flex. From the few guys that i have seen rearended on the site here, they all had the same damage to the cab. the frames flex but usually dont bend. that is a good thing.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #39
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I dig the Ivan Stewarts on first gens, Also, I had my Smittybilt solenoid under the hood and it wasn't used once, I went through 1 rainstorm and everything corroded and I had to contact Amazon to get a replacement. When I got the replacement I instantly took it all apart and siliconed the hell out of it, I'm pretty sure it was submersible after that. Just food for thought I guess, love the truck!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #40
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Frame flex. From the few guys that i have seen rearended on the site here, they all had the same damage to the cab. the frames flex but usually dont bend. that is a good thing.
Good to know. Thanks m3bassman