LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Ice Horse's 1998 TRD Extended Cab

Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Ice Horse's 1998 TRD Extended Cab

Since everyone has been giving me crap for not having a build thread...I present to you...my build!

I might get tired halfway through this so it will currently be a work in progress. I think I'll start by listing everything it has and then try to include pictures along with them.

EPIC BUILD THREAD

Original sale ad photo. Bought it back in 2006? 2007? for $6,500 with 126k miles. 1998 4x4 TRD Extended cab 3.4L V6 automatic.

Then I got bored and attempted to photoshop what it would look like with a lift and bigger tires haha

First thing I did when it got home was take off the bug deflector because it was half broken off and the next day I took apart the entire interior and cleaned and shampooed it. I have a video of that process but I'm a little shy to post it because it was me back in high school LOL.

Then came the lift. The front is the 3 inch Toytec Adjustable Coil Over's and on the rear is the 3 inch All-Pro 3 inch Rear Suspension Kit. We also cleaned up the rear axle and repainted it.

At this point we had a big trip planned to go to the Moab Easter Jeep Safari. Since I didn't have tires yet, we stole the tires off of my dad's 2002 Ivan Stewart Tundra. These are some pics showing the size difference.

Final product

Small test flex with the stock tires

Moab!

Moab video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPCDJK_FJs

Then a little while down the road...Trail Gear Sliders! This was my first time using them.

At some point we took the set of 16 inch Ivan Stewart wheels off my dad's Tundra and he got shiny new ones and I got the beat up uglier ones haha. But here they are all pretty.

During a trail run on this obstable I put a little ding in the corner of my bed. That's why I decided I needed a rear bumper. So then came my CBI Rear Tube Bumper that I picked up in Wyoming for I recall $200. It had a bit of surface rust and took a while to clean but turned out really good. I later added a "flip up" license plate to hide the hitch in the center.

Then on a later trail run I did a "faceplant" onto a rock which caused those little white brackets on the inside corners of the front bumper to break. So I had a "frowny face" bumper for a while. lol. I ended up getting my Trail Gear stinger bumper for a Christmas gift!

DERP

Tundra caliper upgrade:

LED turn signals

TO BE CONTINUED...

I know...I'm slightly lazy and it's hard trying to dig up all these old pictures. But it will be completed very soon!
MODS
-3 inch ToyTec Adjustable Coilovers
-3 inch All Pro Rear Suspension System
-33 inch BFG KM2's siped
-16 inch Ivan Stewart wheels
-Factory rear e-locker
-Tundra front brake caliper upgrade
-Trail Gear sliders
-Trail Gear Stinger bumper
-CBI Offroad rear tube bumper
-flip up license plate
-Smittybilt XRC8 Winch
-CB
-Front LED turn signals
-LED brake lights, LED dome light, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights
-White out taillights (bought with it)
-Blue Rock lights/ground effects (half complete)
-Aftermarket stereo, sub, and amp.
-Black GrillCraft satoshi grille with blue Prius Toyota badge
-BAMF Light bar mount
-12 inch LED light bar behind grille

TO DO
-SAS?
-Skid plate
-Rock lights (finish install)
-Halo headlights, with blue rings
-Get lights for light bar
-LED dash swap, blue
-Install PA speaker
-seat covers?
-derp wheels?
-fix CB radio
-LED ALL THE THINGS!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!

'98 FTW
Old 06-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build.

Can't wait to see the finished grille.

Also makes me want to paint my rear drums.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
when does the epicness start?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd, i wish my truck looked this good.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
What a super clean 1st gen you have! Nice job on the mods thus far.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed, Looks good!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone! I need to work on finishing updating the first post and keeping it updated lol. Touched up my bedliner with some plastidip today. They did such an awful job on it I wish the previous owner would of had them redo it. They completely missed some spots. But now it looks pretty good.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Niiiiiiiiice.
Looks great
Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
AWESOME MEMBER

Oh yeah! That thing finally came in hey?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Senior Noob Member
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
So, you gave into peer pressure on the headlights?