Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SeattleCoug's Black Beauty Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #241
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Hey are you manual or auto? My deck hits my auto shifter when it opens to put a CD in. It barely hits it but just an FYI.
Manual. Oh what, I didn't even know it opens for a CD player, I just thought it raises out a little bit when it's turned on
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #242
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Just made this when I was putting my CB mic clip in.

http://youtu.be/QGLJS-M0Kew
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #243
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Mark im gonna try to get them pics posted up soon. havin problems sending them from my phone to my email. it has to happen when i have some of the best pics ive taken in a while of the truck. hahaha!!!!! so im gonna try our camera this time and see if it will work to where i can upload em. theirs also some of hibritian mountain that r some good pics. so im hopin by the end of the weekend though.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #244
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Just made this when I was putting my CB mic clip in.

http://youtu.be/QGLJS-M0Kew
Is there any way to have it not roll out like it at first-- before closing it back up from 0:09-0:16 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Hey Mark im gonna try to get them pics posted up soon. havin problems sending them from my phone to my email. it has to happen when i have some of the best pics ive taken in a while of the truck. hahaha!!!!! so im gonna try our camera this time and see if it will work to where i can upload em. theirs also some of hibritian mountain that r some good pics. so im hopin by the end of the weekend though.
Badass, I'll be waiting for your build thread to highlight up with the pics added!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #245
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
It automatically opens to whatever setting you had it on before turning the key off. So you can have it set at any angle or no angle at all and it will go to that when you turn the key.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #246
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
One thing to think about. I got a single din so I could have 5-6 switches in the blank section below.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #247

Quote:
It automatically opens to whatever setting you had it on before turning the key off. So you can have it set at any angle or no angle at all and it will go to that when you turn the key.
Oh god settings that are remembered?! I'm definitely gonna love this thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
One thing to think about. I got a single din so I could have 5-6 switches in the blank section below.
Yeah I thought about that, ahh I doubt I'm gonna need more switches than the 2 I already have (okay well maybe 2-3 more) but I'll figure out a way to squeeze those in there somewhere
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #248
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Yeah I thought about that, ahh I doubt I'm gonna need more switches than the 2 I already have (okay well maybe 2-3 more) but I'll figure out a way to squeeze those in there somewhere
Haha yeah, I "plan" to have 9 switches...

2 for the winch. On/off and in/out
rock lights
aux. reverse lights
fog lights
spot lights
roof led bar
ARB compressor
ARB front locker
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #249

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Haha that's so at any switches. I thought about doing a single din for more switches as well, but I have 2 now with 2 more on the way and room for one more switch if I need it. I'll tackle that problem if it ever arises.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #250

Quote:
Haha yeah, I "plan" to have 9 switches...

2 for the winch. On/off and in/out
rock lights
aux. reverse lights
fog lights
spot lights
roof led bar
ARB compressor
ARB front locker
I currently have 2: Fog lights & Spot lights
I probably just plan on getting a winch power, winch in/out, and maybe an ARB compressor.

A roof LED light bar too?! you're gonna light up the night like the sun hah

Quote:
Haha that's so at any switches. I thought about doing a single din for more switches as well, but I have 2 now with 2 more on the way and room for one more switch if I need it. I'll tackle that problem if it ever arises.
Where do you plan on mounting all these switches? I'm running out of room as is but could probably fit 2 more OTRATTW switches and 1 regular random switch
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #251

Quote:
Yeah... A LOT of wiring! Haha

That's why I've been trying to put off as much wiring as possible until after I get an aux. fuse block.

Quote:
I probably just plan on getting a winch power, winch in/out, and maybe an ARB compressor.

Haha yeah, a 40" double row led bar will be a great fill light. But the 2 HID spot lights I plan to have will be for far distances.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #252

Quote:
Haha yeah, a 40" double row led bar will be a great fill light. But the 2 HID spot lights I plan to have will be for far distances.
Damn.... what kinda HID spot lights are you thinking of getting?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #253

Quote:
Damn.... what kinda HID spot lights are you thinking of getting?
Probably some Lightforce HID 170 Strikers. They're not cheap, but after seeing pics of Monte's 240's I think it's worth it!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97060_011X_PG.htm
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #254

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Where do you plan on mounting all these switches? I'm running out of room as is but could probably fit 2 more OTRATTW switches and 1 regular random switch

Well I have two to the right of the 12v outlets. One for my bumper led bar and one for reverse LEDs. Then I put in a panel for two switches where the clock was. One is going to be for some rigid dually D2s that are on the way and the other will be for the LED bar on my bumper after I switch it to that spot. So I'll have one open by the outlets. Then I can always add another where I mounted my CB mic. But I don't think ill have the need for a while. If I ever do it would be for a winch I think.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #255

Quote:
Probably some Lightforce HID 170 Strikers. They're not cheap, but after seeing pics of Monte's 240's I think it's worth it!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97060_011X_PG.htm
Why not go 240s and do THIS conversion

Quote:
Well I have two to the right of the 12v outlets. One for my bumper led bar and one for reverse LEDs. Then I put in a panel for two switches where the clock was. One is going to be for some rigid dually D2s that are on the way and the other will be for the LED bar on my bumper after I switch it to that spot. So I'll have one open by the outlets. Then I can always add another where I mounted my CB mic. But I don't think ill have the need for a while. If I ever do it would be for a winch I think.
Ah lucky you don't have the stupid "Passenger Airbag on/off" switch. I'm gonna put velcro over it and put the CB mic mount there.

Hmm. Yeah those are good spots, I love having the 2 switches in the clock area
Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #256
CelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud ofCelsisTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Errrhhmahhheegawwd you're truck is sexy bro haha love it man.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelsisTaco View Post
Errrhhmahhheegawwd you're truck is sexy bro haha love it man.
Thanks, me too!
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #258

Quote:
Why not go 240s and do THIS conversion
Because the 240's are obnoxiously huge on our trucks in my opinion haha
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #259

Quote:
Because the 240's are obnoxiously huge on our trucks in my opinion haha
If that's the case then my truck is gonna get a little obnoxious when my Elite Bumper gets here

I couldn't resist, they are SOOOOO bright
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #260

Quote:
If that's the case then my truck is gonna get a little obnoxious when my Elite Bumper gets here

I couldn't resist, they are SOOOOO bright
Haha it doesn't look terrible. I just don't like the lights sticking out past the bar that far.

Products Discussed in this Thread