Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SeattleCoug's Black Beauty Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #341
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post

Well, I started doing it and realized I didn't have the aluminum bracket that mounts & holds it in there so after I did my speakers I have a buddy who runs a car audio warehouse and his installer put it in for cheap. He even did the override so I can watch DVDs/play with apps while I drive.. if I choose to do so
THAT'S what I meant to tell you! I had to take the bracket off the facotry stereo and put it on the pioneer to mount it.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #342
Pyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant futurePyro has a brilliant future

Name: Jon
Pyro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CB Radio Install

During View:

Installed View:

Driving View:

Straight on View:

How Much it Sticks Out:

Hey man nice build.

How did you get the cb radio flush with everything else? The back plug for the antenna prevented mine from going all the way in flush. Did you make a cut out for antenna wiring behind the cb?

you got the 520?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #343
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
THAT'S what I meant to tell you! I had to take the bracket off the facotry stereo and put it on the pioneer to mount it.
Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
Hey man nice build.

How did you get the cb radio flush with everything else? The back plug for the antenna prevented mine from going all the way in flush. Did you make a cut out for antenna wiring behind the cb?

you got the 520?
Yeah I got the Uniden Pro 520xl, I also used the coaxial 90 degree elbow with it so that helped a lot, here's a link to the one I used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to that, when installing it I used a heat gun on the air (heater) duct behind the ash tray location. After I got the heater duct nice and hot I just used the handle of my screwdriver and pressed the duct back further without breaking the plastic. Hope that makes sense
Old 10-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #344
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oooooooh, look what came a day ahead of schedule!!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #345

Oh yeah and I updated the Pioneer BEFORE/AFTER pictures, so now there's after shots lol
Old 10-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #346

Wet Okole Seat Covers
Been in my driveway the past hour or two vacuuming and installing
Here's the quick version of BEFORE/AFTER

Old 10-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #347

and the longer version of before, middle & after shots

BEFORE:

MIDDLE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

MIDDLE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

MIDDLE:

AFTER:
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #348
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
OOOOOOOH Shit!!!!!! new wet oakle seat covers i see. looks great Mark. it gives the inside a nice clean cut with how u installed them. did u have to take ur seats apart. what i mean by that is disassemble the back part and bottom of the seat to make it look that clean or u put em on with the seat assembled? anyways thats another thing that made ur truck man. did it come with a center console cover too? man u racked up didnt u? Hahaha!!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #349
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #350
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
those look so good compared to the factory seats
Old 10-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
OOOOOOOH Shit!!!!!! new wet oakle seat covers i see. looks great Mark. it gives the inside a nice clean cut with how u installed them. did u have to take ur seats apart. what i mean by that is disassemble the back part and bottom of the seat to make it look that clean or u put em on with the seat assembled? anyways thats another thing that made ur truck man. did it come with a center console cover too? man u racked up didnt u? Hahaha!!!!!
You know it, thanks! I took my seats out of the car, you can leave them in but it's WAY more of a pain in the ass. The TW group buy had it so it comes with either a free console cover or cleaning kit, but since I have a 1999 Tacoma and a 2001-2004 Console, they made me choose the cleaning kit for free & I had to purchase the console cover separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
those look so good compared to the factory seats
Yeah they do, and they're soooo much more comfortable... surprisingly so
Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #352
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be in your neighborhood this weekend ill wave if i see you.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Ill be in your neighborhood this weekend ill wave if i see you.
Honk & give me the middle finger, that'll throw me for a loop
Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #354

Thinking of mounting my CB mic clip here:

Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #355
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to put mine there but I couldn't hear it very well from there. But your speaker isn't in the mic so that won't be a problem for you.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I was going to put mine there but I couldn't hear it very well from there. But your speaker isn't in the mic so that won't be a problem for you.
That's basically the only place I can hang something without interfering with any of my other controls.. not to mention if I ever (for some reason) ended up hating that location or the screw holes left behind-- that dash piece is pretty easy to find on a junked Tacoma
Old 10-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #357
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shit mine just sits in my lap when on trips. that reminds me, i need an external speaker. might go to radio shack today.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Shit mine just sits in my lap when on trips. that reminds me, i need an external speaker. might go to radio shack today.
Yeah, that got old pretty quick when it'd fall on the floor or between the seat/center console without me realizing it
Old 10-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #359
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Yeah, that got old pretty quick when it'd fall on the floor or between the seat/center console without me realizing it
put thousands of miles on and i never had an issue. only in the very fast race truck moments does it wander off but then again, i am not talking driving like that.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #360
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
I leave mine on the back of the shifter boot most of the time. And, like Ben, on my lap when I'm really using it on wheeling trips.

Products Discussed in this Thread