Notices

SeattleCoug's Black Beauty Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
Dodger24 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Julian
Dodger24's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, the derp looks clean. I think im going to do it, once I have the time. Do you know how it last in the rain?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #22
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger24 View Post
Nice, the derp looks clean. I think im going to do it, once I have the time. Do you know how it last in the rain?
Thanks, I've only had it on for about 2 months now but they haven't peeled, bubbled or had anything go wrong with them. Like I told you before, it's definitely all about the prep work and getting that 1st coat down on there with no runs (and I like the 1st coat nice & thick).

If you happen to mess up and peeling it isn't that easy then just spray some WD40 on the plasti-dip and it will wipe right off.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Changed the oil and put on a new drain plug so I don't have to mess with the OEM one and get oil everywhere every 6 months.
Got it from here (check it first but I believe this is what I got):
http://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F-103N-...il+drain+valve

Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #24

Derped the Rims
Before:

During:

After:
Old 07-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #25
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
How did you do the temperature gauge in the clock location?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaberry View Post
How did you do the temperature gauge in the clock location?
The gauge is battery operated (good for something like 5 years) and then I just cut a rectangular hole out of the clock plastic, popped in the temperature gauge and then routed the wire and metal end where it tells the temp. down to around my bumper somewhere.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #27

01-04 Center Console

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #28

CB Radio Install

During View:

Installed View:

Driving View:

Straight on View:

How Much it Sticks Out:
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #29

Gun Rack

I used two original holes that were already drilled in my bedliner/the roof. For the bottom of the gun rack I drilled (2) holes and threaded sheet metal screws through the rear wall of the extra cab.

During:

During II:

Finished:
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #30

CB Mounted and a fresh Wash

Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #31
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean ride op! Keep up the good work , oh btw what cb radio is that , I been looking for a good one to get and how much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Very clean ride op! Keep up the good work , oh btw what cb radio is that , I been looking for a good one to get and how much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking
Thanks!
I'll just post the whole set up incase any others stumble across this build & wonder what the heck I have going on:

CB Radio: Uniden Pro 520XL http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coaxial Cable:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

90 Degree Elbow for the Ashtray Location Mount

Antenna:

Antenna Spring:

FireStik Antenna Stud Mount K4A:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271083255350...84.m1497.l2649

and then finally the actual antenna mounting bracket for the tailgate was from Bay Area Metal Fabrication (B.A.M.F.):
http://bayareametalfab.com/CB%20mounts.html
Old 07-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #33
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man ! really big help , saved me alot of work , probably will be my next mod
Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #34

Heck yeah, no problem
Old 07-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #35

Had a little...
Photo Shoot

Well it wasn't much of one since we (my Dad and I) mainly went to the parking lot to tune our new CB's but I couldn't help snapping a few pics
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #36
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking rig man, is that the church on 175th up in Shoreline?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Nice decals did you get them from steelcityairman?
I got them from eBay, here's the link to the page:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321141586138

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
Nice looking rig man, is that the church on 175th up in Shoreline?
Yep, it sure is!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #39
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post

Yep, it sure is!
Nice! Im down around 145th, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your truck.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post

Yep, it sure is!
Oh wow the seller lives in my town almost , maybe I should just pic one up

Products Discussed in this Thread