Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

SeattleCoug's Black Beauty Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #41
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
Nice! Im down around 145th, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your truck.
I'll be on the lookout for your red Taco, just give me a honk if you happen to see me. I'm around 145th a fair amount (Greenwood, Aurora & 15th Avenue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Oh wow the seller lives in my town almost , maybe I should just pic one up
Definitely, he's very flexible when it comes to customizing your order and I believe he has more options to choose from
Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #42
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bed Liner Rear Window
Not a big mod, just something that's been bugging me FOR friggin' EVER...

Before:

During:

After:
Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #43

Bed Lined the Door Handles

Took the door pannel off to get a better spray job, but it turned out to be a huge PITA:

Prep & Spray:

Done:

Done II Close Up:

The Passenger Side Door (I'll shoot the lock sometime):
Old 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #44

Installed this Viper alarm:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #45
Yetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud ofYetimetchkangmi has much to be proud of

Navy: Minesweep service as EM
Name: Benjamin
Yetimetchkangmi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Thanks!
I'll just post the whole set up incase any others stumble across this build & wonder what the heck I have going on:

CB Radio: Uniden Pro 520XL http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coaxial Cable:

90 Degree Elbow for the Ashtray Location Mount

Antenna:

Antenna Spring:

FireStik Antenna Stud Mount K4A:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271083255350...84.m1497.l2649

and then finally the actual antenna mounting bracket for the tailgate was from Bay Area Metal Fabrication (B.A.M.F.):
http://bayareametalfab.com/CB%20mounts.html
Exactly what I needed!
B.I.L. gave me a Uniden 520XL CB last week and I think it will fit perfect in the ashtray area for the Yeti.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #46

Clear Corner Lights
Before:

After:
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what a sweet ass truck u got man. them corner lights look good. the black on black look is bad ass man. and what a clean truck u got too. how u liking ur cb. i enjoy mine all the time. i listen to them truckers talking back and forth and some times it is funny to listen to. i am trying to go with the red and black theme with mine. when ever u check this let me know what u think of my dc build. did u also get new head lights it looks like they are retro fit lights from the front of the truck. just wondering. keep up the mods man and keep me posted on any new things u do to the truck.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
what a sweet ass truck u got man. them corner lights look good. the black on black look is bad ass man. and what a clean truck u got too. how u liking ur cb. i enjoy mine all the time. i listen to them truckers talking back and forth and some times it is funny to listen to. i am trying to go with the red and black theme with mine. when ever u check this let me know what u think of my dc build. did u also get new head lights it looks like they are retro fit lights from the front of the truck. just wondering. keep up the mods man and keep me posted on any new things u do to the truck.
Thanks! I like the CB but there's not as many people on the air as I thought there would be, it'll be nice for when me and my Dad are up on the forest roads hunting though. I've heard a few funny conversations too haha. They're OEM headlights, bought em from the stealership 6 months ago, my others were so crusted over I could hardly see at night on the highway. Sub the thread, I'll be throwing a 3" eibach/5100 lift on here shortly
Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #49
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
great build thread, thanks again for meeting me so late on your way home, i got it in today
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
great build thread, thanks again for meeting me so late on your way home, i got it in today
No problem, gave me an excuse to get out and stretch otherwise I was bound to catch some z's behind the wheel
Did you have to drill some holes for the mounting bracket or were they already there?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #51
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem, gave me an excuse to get out and stretch otherwise I was bound to catch some z's behind the wheel
Did you have to drill some holes for the mounting bracket or were they already there?
they were already there i had to run to ace to get 2 bolts that fit the nuts in the cab but it wasnt hard at all
Old 08-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
they were already there i had to run to ace to get 2 bolts that fit the nuts in the cab but it wasnt hard at all
Good deal, I figured they would be.

Jacked the Ole Truck Up
...literally
Just seeing what it's gonna look like with my eibach/5100s up front & all pro expo leafs in the rear w/ 5125/5150 billies

Don't mind the butts

Old 08-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #53
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
looking good man. that thing is gonna look AWESOME with the lift on their. right now for mine i have the bilstein 5100 all around with the ebiach springs on the front and Dakar leaf packs in the rear. i am thinking i am going to have to get some adustable greaseable shackles to pick my back up a little more. i am guessing i have a lot on the back with the shell and all on top of it. cant wait to see everything installed.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #54
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
looking good man. that thing is gonna look AWESOME with the lift on their. right now for mine i have the bilstein 5100 all around with the ebiach springs on the front and Dakar leaf packs in the rear. i am thinking i am going to have to get some adustable greaseable shackles to pick my back up a little more. i am guessing i have a lot on the back with the shell and all on top of it. cant wait to see everything installed.
*there
Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #55

Quote:
looking good man. that thing is gonna look AWESOME with the lift on there. right now for mine i have the bilstein 5100 all around with the ebiach springs on the front and Dakar leaf packs in the rear. i am thinking i am going to have to get some adustable greaseable shackles to pick my back up a little more. i am guessing i have a lot on the back with the shell and all on top of it. cant wait to see everything installed.
Yeah I started getting pumped today for the lift
I was considering the OME Dakar leafs but was afraid they weren't gonna give me enough lift so I decided on the All-Pro Expedition Leaf Pack, just gotta order tomorrow. They should give me 3-3.5" in the rear. Should be closer to 3" when I order & get an Elite rear bumper though
Old 08-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
Exactly what I needed!
B.I.L. gave me a Uniden 520XL CB last week and I think it will fit perfect in the ashtray area for the Yeti.
Shoot I didn't see this, but a good tip is that the CB won't sit very flush with that center dash plastic so what I did was I took a heat gun and softened the plastic behind the ash tray (it's the black heater duct plastic) so I could get that 90 degree elbow, and ultimately the entire CB to sit a little more flush with the lower din area of your dash. You'll only get 0.25-0.50" more in, but I think it looks a whole heck of a lot better.

Just don't melt the heater duct plastic by heating & pushing too hard.
Other than that good luck with it!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #57

Goodies
Toytec/Eibach Coils & my Bilstein 5100s came today

Also my Dad had an extra and gave me this rear view mirror from the 01-04 Tacos

So I will be doing this mod after I find some time:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...light-mod.html

Old 08-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #58
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Goodies
Toytec/Eibach Coils & my Bilstein 5100s came today

Also my Dad had an extra and gave me this rear view mirror from the 01-04 Tacos

So I will be doing this mod after I find some time:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...light-mod.html

Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #59
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks clean man!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99tacosupreme View Post
Your truck looks clean man!
Thanks! It's an everyday struggle on my wallet for the mods I want
This recent lift hit the bank pretty hard, but hey... there are worse things I could be spending my money on right?
At least that's what I keep telling myself

Products Discussed in this Thread