Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

TPain's 01 Build

Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
TPain's 01 Build

2001 SR5 4x4 V6

Got this truck in January of 2011 right after I turned 17 with about 65,000 miles on it. This truck was recalled do to frame rust, so I got a new frame and leaf springs for free.

Mods so far.

Performance
TRD Supercharger
Muffler Delete

Suspension
3" Toy Tec spacer and AAL

Wheels & Tires
XD Addicts Matte Black 17"x9" -12mm offset
Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/17

Lighting
Xenon HID 6000k headlights

Stereo
JVC head unit
Pioneer 760 watt amp
2 12" Kicker Comp Subs

Appearance
Debadged
15% Tint on doors
5% Tint behind the doors
Tinted taillights and brake light
Painted fender flares and front bumper valance
Clear corner lights
Custom SR5 bedside decal by ruggedT

Future
Projector Headlights
Satoshi grille
Long travel set up even though I have no use for it here in the mountains
Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Hailstate!
chart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of lightchart92 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force:
Name: Cody
chart92's Tacoma Gallery
Good look 1st gen you got there!!! You got anymore pics of it?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Post some more pics! oh and Hail State ^^^
Old 06-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chart92 View Post
Good look 1st gen you got there!!! You got anymore pics of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Looks good! Post some more pics! oh and Hail State ^^^
I just threw this together real quick and that's one of my most recent pics with the new wheels and tires. I'll try to get some new pics soon.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
logan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of lightlogan1992 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: logan
logan1992's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck what kind of rims?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1992 View Post
nice truck what kind of rims?
XD Addicts
Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Tacomanc910 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tacomanc910's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know the actual kit you used for your lights?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like I've seen this one from somewhere.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
I feel like I've seen this one from somewhere.
possibly, thanks for the pic updates
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanc910 View Post
Do you know the actual kit you used for your lights?
I don't know much about it. I bought it off a friend and it's only low beams. This is what it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/xentec-hid-k...-/140762353166
Old 08-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
65k on the odo man for 65k that rust worked fast
yeah real quick. I had never looked at it closely myself. I sent it in to get some work done to it at the nissan dealership I got it at and they told me not to get in it again. They sent it straight to the toyota dealership down the street where it sat for a month. It did come back to me with the lift kit though haha
Old 08-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #16
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPain View Post
yeah real quick. I had never looked at it closely myself. I sent it in to get some work done to it at the nissan dealership I got it at and they told me not to get in it again. They sent it straight to the toyota dealership down the street where it sat for a month. It did come back to me with the lift kit though haha
Dang must have been pretty bad for them to say that but it looks like you won haha
Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dang must have been pretty bad for them to say that but it looks like you won haha
Yeah haha I only saw pictures of it and there was a hole big enough to fit your arm in.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah haha I only saw pictures of it and there was a hole big enough to fit your arm in.
wow that's ridiculous! is there any body rust at all?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
Boss

TPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow that's ridiculous! is there any body rust at all?
Only a tiny spot where the paint chipped on the tailgate. Rear bumper has rusted pretty bad and the front is beginning to. Looking at getting the rear replaced as we speak.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Only a tiny spot where the paint chipped on the tailgate. Rear bumper has rusted pretty bad and the front is beginning to. Looking at getting the rear replaced as we speak.
Are you going to replace it with another stock bumper or are you putting on armor?