Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!

Sup Everyone, Thanks for checking my build. I had bought a white 03 DC pre-runner back in August of 2012. It was my first truck ever so I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I loved that truck but it really sucked that it wasn't a 4x4. Once I fixed her up a bit I realized that she couldnt take me where I needed. So I was debating to convert it to a 4x4. I realized that I dont have the time, and I am not mechanically inclined to pull that off. Sooooooooooo, I traded her in with 203k miles (Still running like a champ) and purchased a silver 04 DC 4x4 V6with 120k miles!!! What a difference in the motor. Night and day!!! V6 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! Never will I go 4cyl again! This thing is a beast!

Future plans include Sliders, MT tires, Lift, Front bumper with winch, Rear bumper, and lockers (front and rear)..all in that order

My inspiration has been boxrocket! damn i love his truck!! hope to have a badazz rig like that one day.

Let the pictures speak. Comments and constructive criticism welcomed

Thanks for visiting fellas

AS SHE SITS NOW:

Lunar Mist 2004 Tacoma DC 4x4 SR5 - AUTO

EXTERIOR
Front and Rear Bumpers Coated in Bed Linear
Fender Flares and Grill Coated in Bed Linear
Underbody Covered with Rubberized Coating
Tint - 15% Rear Doors and Rear Windows, 30% Front Doors, 50% Windshield
Debadged

ARMOR
4x4 Innovations Rock Sliders
Ryno All Terrain Products Front Diff, Transmission, Transfer Case, and Gas Tank Skid Plates. (All 3/16 Steel)
Trailgear Low Profile Front Bumper

WHEELS & SUSPENSION
16x8.5 Alloy Rims Plasti Derped Satin Black
265/75/16 MT (No name tires)
Stock Suspension
NEW SETUP
Bilstein 5100 All around
Toytec Springs up front
AAL in the rear
Sway bar removed
15x8 Steel Wheels with 3.75 Backspacing
33x12.5 MT

LIGHTING
Retro Headlights - Miramoto H1's 6K
Clear Corners
LED Reverse Lights

ENGINE
AFE Pro Dry Air Filter
Magnaflow Exhaust

ETC
Diff Breather Mod - Located Up In Engine Bay
Cobra 190X IV

Here are pics of the Pee-Runner I had (Never made a build thread). Good looking truck, only complaint was that it wasnt 4WD
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01598.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01603.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01604.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01605.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01609.jpg  

Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01620.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01625.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01627.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01992.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc01995.jpg  

Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
And now, The new Rig!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02018.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02020.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02028.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02031.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02030.jpg  

Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02033.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02032.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02036.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02035.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02034.jpg  

Old 07-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Old Crow is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AZANG
Name: Ron
Old Crow's Tacoma Gallery
She's a good lookin truck already, lookin forward to seeing what you do with her.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
And what i have so far!! more to come soon

So I sprayed the front bumper, rear bumper, and fender flares with bedliner, then hit it with satin black. Coated the whole underbody with rubberized undercoating. Cleared the headlights to get rid of that nasty yellow haze. Plastidipped my wheels. Window tint up front next weekend, then on to bigger things!

Thanks again for looking
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02040.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02041.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02042.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02043.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02044.jpg  

Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02046.jpg  
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
So when does the build start
LOL, I knew that comment was coming It will get there eventually! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
She's a good lookin truck already, lookin forward to seeing what you do with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Good looking rig, going to look sweet when done
Thanks gentlmen
Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
So how many of those damn fender clips break?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #9
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Hey the new black wheels look sweet! Got a lift on that thing or are you running stock suspension?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
So how many of those damn fender clips break?
I believe all of them!! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Hey the new black wheels look sweet! Got a lift on that thing or are you running stock suspension?
No lift yet. It came with tokico gas shocks. (White with red logo??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Ferny! Glad you got something that'll keep you happy. May you wallet handle the expenses to come
Haha..thanks Angel! I can't wait to get her going
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
I only ask because I'm looking to get the same kind of set up going but don't want to lift my rig (yet.... haha). 15x8 rims with 285 tires?
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya bro...no these are 16x8.5. -6 offset.....245/75 AT.....I miss my 265/75 MT ..lol...gas mileage is way better compared to the Pre runner
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
Omicron6 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Omicron6's Tacoma Gallery
So first off, the build is looking good! That black really pops.
I'm pretty sure I test drove this taco and was pissed when I couldn't buy it from Carmax in Roseville because the sales guy didn't realize it was a transfer. I ended up finding an 03 DC 4x4 at Hayes in Roseville and will be watching your build.

If you're in the Roseville/Sacramento area I'll keep an eye out and give you a wave!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
haha, yup! Thats where i bought it. We should go to PC one day bro. I took her yesterday and oh man!!!! this thing is amazing!! Tried a few obstacles with out the 4wd. What a difference once you engage the 4wd!! I LOVE IT!! Pics later tonight! Shes supppper dirty now! lol
Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
pic of her at the dealer

Grill guard is for sale btw
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-sil-taco.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
so does this mean round two at PC is in order? Might go this Sunday, I'm not sure, depends on what time I get back from Tahoe.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #18
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
I hope its just the picture, but it looks after if you also hit your brakes/rotors with undercoating???
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #19
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
so does this mean round two at PC is in order? Might go this Sunday, I'm not sure, depends on what time I get back from Tahoe.
If we dont go to the lake, Im down Brian!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigmob View Post
I hope its just the picture, but it looks after if you also hit your brakes/rotors with undercoating???
no, i did spray them with black gloss spray paint. They were a little sticky at first. Drove around the block twice and they were good
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02082.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02087.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02089.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02092.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02095.jpg  

Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02101.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02103.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02104.jpg   Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-dsc02106.jpg  
Old 07-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #20
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I like this pic. Planning on sliders hopefully in the next month or 2
Attached Thumbnails
Fernando's "04 Silver Bullet" Build!!-muddy-pc.jpg