Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Gear Head's Silver 2000 TRD Build

Old 01-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #241
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
lol
I know I know. I had to get on my phone just to see the animation you posted haha.

I also cut the rest of the bedside corners and support out. I planned on leaving as much as I could but they had to go since I threw in the extra gussets in the corners. No pics of that yet either
Old 01-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #242
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Slacker
Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #243
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Box, you'll be happy to know I cut the welds on the reinforcement ring and was able to knock it off. If I grind down the weld on the top of the receiver tube I should be able to slide the entire ring over and have it flush. I also noticed how you have some box tube gussets that go from your frame plates to the rear section in the pic you posted. I'm def going to steal that idea! I was trying to think of a way to tie more into the tube across the rear rather than just welding either side of the plate.

On another note I picked up some 2x2 led pods to go on my brackets from CBI. They are pretty bright and have some good distance on them (spot beam). No output pics yet though. I'll post some pics of the lights tomorrow, the computer I'm on isn't working right..
Sounds good. let's see it.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #244
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright I am back at my place and can finally use my computer so here are some pics as promised

And the LED's that I put on the CBI brackets

Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #245
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Busy man over here
Old 01-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #246

Haha I try! All that's left is to finish bedlining it and I think I may try and flat clear it so it's easier to clean up and wont stain and fade. My buddy has a bender so I might add some hoops to it later too. Gotta find a style I like
Old 01-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #247

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha I try! All that's left is to finish bedlining it and I think I may try and flat clear it so it's easier to clean up and wont stain and fade. My buddy has a bender so I might add some hoops to it later too. Gotta find a style I like
I hear that I got some bedrack to build! What kinda hoops you mean?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #248

Quote:
I hear that I got some bedrack to build! What kinda hoops you mean?
And some sliders before the meet And just something to protect the bedsides and tail light
Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #249

Like this

Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #250

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
That looks good! you making your own?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #251

Quote:
That looks good! you making your own?
Nahh man you're making them for me!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #252

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nahh man you're making them for me!
That be awesome
Old 01-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #253

Quote:
That be awesome
I might seriously be interested if you have the time. I need to go look at your slider design again. It will also depend on where I am with the house buying process too
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #254
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Now don't you feel better about that? Looks good.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Now don't you feel better about that? Looks good.
Ha yes, it does seem much beefier and the sense of security will be nice too. Do you think I should still add the gussets on the inside of the frame plate that tie it into the rear tube? I have the gussets on the outside of the frame plate that go back to the main tube but will that be enough?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #256

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
The more the better, the only thing it will hurt is MPG
Old 01-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #257

Quote:
The more the better, the only thing it will hurt is MPG
What I've built so far honestly feels lighter than the stock bumper and hitch
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #258

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
damn. My tube bumber is 20 lbs more then the front bumber
Old 01-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #259

Quote:
damn. My tube bumber is 20 lbs more then the front bumber
Well the stock front is a lot of plastic so I'd say you're doing pretty good!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #260

FINALLY finshed my bumper and got it on. It warped a little when I laid some massive beads putting the hitch in the main tube. Clearanced it with the plasma around the welds on the spring hangers and it went on nicely (and by nicely I mean tight as fuck haha). It was dark when we finished so I didn't get any pics but I will def get some up tomorrow! I have to get a hitch pin too since the one I grabbed is for a four wheeler haha