Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Gear Head's Silver 2000 TRD Build

Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #21
02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed02 TRD Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
02 TRD Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
I need some more people in my thread so it's not so damn quiet!

Got some more work done tonight. Finished one of my chevy 63's and I need to get a new center pin for the other. Also got my other hanger built. My buddy tacked it together and I actually welded her up! For my second time welding, I'm pretty damn proud of myself! Mocked up the hangers and they fit like a glove. I'm really happy with how they came out. I think the angle is perfect. Now on to the pics....

Subbed! Hangers look good man. Does them 12" 5125 raise the back up a lot.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is looking good! Silver 2000's FTW
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #24
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
Subbed! Hangers look good man. Does them 12" 5125 raise the back up a lot.
The shocks don't do the lifting. The chevy leaf springs will be taking care of that. I'm expecting around 4" out back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Truck is looking good! Silver 2000's FTW
Ha yeah man there are a few other colors I'd rather have but I do love my silver! I haven't washed my truck in over a month and it still looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Nice looking welds!
Thanks man! I was pretty proud of myself.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have been emailing with a guy for the past 2 days about some front and rear differentials assembled with 5.29's, arb's front and rear, compressor, harness and switches. He's giving me a shipping quote next week

Also got some good news on a job I've been chasing for a year now. If I can land this I'm going nuts on my truck. 37's, armor all around, bobbed bed, light bar, winch. God I hope I get it!!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have been emailing with a guy for the past 2 days about some front and rear differentials assembled with 5.29's, arb's front and rear, compressor, harness and switches. He's giving me a shipping quote next week

Also got some good news on a job I've been chasing for a year now. If I can land this I'm going nuts on my truck. 37's, armor all around, bobbed bed, light bar, winch. God I hope I get it!!
Sounds like a damn good well paying job! Hope you get it!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Sounds like a damn good well paying job! Hope you get it!
Ha yeah, it definitely is. Especially at my age and with my financial commitments. I'm trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't work out, but damn it's hard not to!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ha yeah, it definitely is. Especially at my age and with my financial commitments. I'm trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't work out, but damn it's hard not to!
I wouldn't go blow all the money you make right away, what job are you looking at?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #29

Quote:
I wouldn't go blow all the money you make right away, what job are you looking at?
I'm not going to blow it all at once but there will be a steady inflow of parts
I'm looking to work at RJR. It's a huge tobacco company. Not glamorous, but a damn good opportunity. My grandparents worked there their whole lives and they are living... comfortably haha.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #30

Quote:
I'm not going to blow it all at once but there will be a steady inflow of parts
I'm looking to work at RJR. It's a huge tobacco company. Not glamorous, but a damn good opportunity. My grandparents worked there their whole lives and they are living... comfortably haha.
Have then hook you up! I think it would be a neat job to have at a tobacco company, next best thing is liquor what would you do they're?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Have then hook you up! I think it would be a neat job to have at a tobacco company, next best thing is liquor what would you do they're?
Ha the funny part is I don't smoke or dip. And I would run the equipment.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Ha the funny part is I don't smoke or dip. And I would run the equipment.
Nothing wrong with that,i don't either but you could always be that cool guy with the hook up lol
Old 07-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #33

Finally got my lift on! Stay tuned for pics later tonight!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #34

Here's a teaser till I can get the rest of them up

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #35

Here are some pics from today. Only ran into a few issues surprisingly. Had some trouble getting the old brake line out but got it out fine after I cut it in half haha. With the new spring hangers 7 1/2" forward of stock, the axle was too far back and would have serious rubbing issues when at full stuff. Moved them to 8 1/2" forward and it's dead center and stuffs beautifully. The thing I can't believe is that I didn't have a single frozen bolt. U bolts, shackles, front spring bolt, and top nut on the struts all came off with zero problems!

I did a few other little things while I was at it today. I removed the sway bar, made a BPV extension, extended rear brake line, removed mud flaps, hacked the exhaust, and added a ubolt flip kit.

Now on to the pictures...

Some before shots

Springs out

Apparently my Jap truck has springs that are made in Mexico?

Had to clearance my hitch because the shackles was hitting it before it could even settle to ride height

Rear done

On to the front

Didn't get any of the front in progress, my bad! But here it is all done..

Axle location with hangers 8 1/2" forward.

CV angle, no diff drop

And some flex shots; Stock shackles and no shocks

Before and after shot on the same hill.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Looking really good with the new set-up! I only moved my hangers forward 7" I believe... Probably because my shackle is 6" long haha
Old 07-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Looking really good with the new set-up! I only moved my hangers forward 7" I believe... Probably because my shackle is 6" long haha
Thanks man!! My next step is order carrier bearing drop, creeper joints and make 6" shackles. Going to put those on when I box the frame and make my upper shock mounts. Wont get to do that for another 2 weeks so I'm just gonna keep bouncing my ass off haha. I feel like I have oval shaped tires
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #38
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
I'm putting my lift in sometime next week... been sitting in the garage for way too long. But for now we will have matching stock tire size lifted haha
Old 07-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
I'm putting my lift in sometime next week... been sitting in the garage for way too long. But for now we will have matching stock tire size lifted haha
Haha nice! I still haven't made up my mind if I want to go to 33's or 35's
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #40
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man!