Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Gear Head's Silver 2000 TRD Build

Old 07-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #41
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kigmob View Post
Looks good man!
Thanks!

So I got all the old suspension parts out of my bed and measured lift. Ended up with 3.5" up front and 4.5" out back.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #42
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Was getting some serious vibes after the lift so I picked up some washers and stacked them up to drop the carrier bearing 1/2". Made a huge difference but I'm still getting some vibes between 10-20 mph. May go get another pack and drop it a bit more, or try some axle shims.

And I cleaned it a little bit for the first time in over a month!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #43
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your truck has never looked better I wish I had the money to get one right now
Old 07-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Dude your truck has never looked better I wish I had the money to get one right now
Haha I would have to agree Now to decide on what comes next...
Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #45

Updated OP.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #46
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Haha I would have to agree Now to decide on what comes next...
Probably a bumper, that would complete it IMO
Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #47

Quote:
Probably a bumper, that would complete it IMO
I'm thinking tires then front bumper.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #48
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Tiarrrsss
Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #49

Quote:
I'm thinking tires then front bumper.
Good point I didn't even notice until you mentioned it haha, you should get a light bar for above the windshield
Old 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #50

Quote:
Good point I didn't even notice until you mentioned it haha, you should get a light bar for above the windshield
Would be pretty sick but I want to put a 21" on the bumper I think.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #51

Quote:
Would be pretty sick but I want to put a 21" on the bumper I think.
My 22" just came in today, hopefully I will get it wired up tonight

Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #52
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Take the bud deflector off... They are so ugly I had one before... And the pin stripping... The truck will look so much cleaner!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #53
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wanna put one in my bumper
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #54

Quote:
My 22" just came in today, hopefully I will get it wired up tonight

Nice man! Be sure to put some pictures up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Take the bud deflector off... They are so ugly I had one before... And the pin stripping... The truck will look so much cleaner!
Haha yeah, everyone says that. I actually really like it on my particular truck Flows really well with the color scheme IMO. I might see what it looks like by taking it off just for you haha. Same thing on the pinstriping though. I've been debating on taking the black trim on the rocker panels off though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
I wanna put one in my bumper
Originally I was wanting to mount a 30" in my stock bumper between the turn signals. It'd be all stealthy
Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #55
F*ck you Brent

Quote:
Originally I was wanting to mount a 30" in my stock bumper between the turn signals. It'd be all stealthy
That's where I want one!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaOverAll View Post
That's where I want one!
There's someone on here that has done it. Username Buzzard or something like that IIRC
Old 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #57

Picked up some 1/8" plate to box the frame and 1.5" tubing for a crossmember/upper shock mounts. Should be knocking that out tomorrow so I can get my shocks on and quit bouncing everywhere!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 TRD Tacoma View Post
hey man i was gonna ask u where about's in NC are u?
I'm in Greensboro but I grew up near Hanging Rock State Park.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #60

Removed the spare tire carrier, boxed some of my rear frame, fabbed a crossmember/upper shock mounts with 2 mounting options, and got my 5125's on. I'm super impressed with the ride of the overall lift now that I've got it completed!

Tape trick

Crossmember

Had to ditch the middle mounting hole to clear the shock body

Tacked in. Also for the lower mount I cut a spring perch in half, drilled a hole and tacked a bolt in it. I don't like how far it sticks down below the axle but we were running out of time and it will work for now.

Done